+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lets talk rotations.

Soulwalker

Default Lets talk rotations.

Its now 1 month till launch and I have only been in the last beta. But the shear number of abilities even at level 30 is making it hard to figure out what I should be casting. I assume if you play a Cabalist/Inq your first priority is to get your DoTs up but then what? If you spec into both you end up with some channeled spells as well as 2 different bolts. What spells are we supposed to cast once are DoTs are rolling? Also druids and shaman add your rotations as well. Healing is a lot more siutational and the tooltips on heal spells are pretty much common sense so dont really need a rotation for them. I think this would prove to be helpful for people who might be overwhelmed by the amount of spells each souls get even at low levels and can help them weed out the ones that dont need to be used every battle. Lets try and leave PvP out of this because its a lot more situational than your typical questing or dungeon crawling.
    Last edited by dabrix30; 02-02-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Im sorry I just talked about a spec and it's rotation in another thread so I will copy and paste it here.

After looking over what I had, this is it:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00do_.VxkV0tMLz.V0V
    Now, this has a lot of problems. Due to insufficient talent points we cant take both Corporeal Punishment and Castigation. I've got enough crit to keep CP (Giggity) up at ALMOST all times so i FEEL that the 12% static buff is greater than the .5 second cast time loss, HOWEVER I WOULD TAKE BOTH WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE. The third spec is up to you. I dont take druid, I take Warden to help my guilds healer. But you could take purifier for the base shield, because we wont have enough points to even THINK about a third spec YET. So just take it for the first skill for now. Pur/Warden IMO.

My rotation with the above build is:

Fanaticism -> Sanction Heretic (To trigger Corporeal Punishment right off the bat) -> Vex -> Distorted Shadows -> Spam BoJ till BoD comes up for instacast, trigger my Fanaticism if it's up, and cast it.
    Rinse and repeat, keep up dots, use DS off CD, and yeah. Works great, I keep on par with Stormcaller/Ele all the time, EXCEPT AOE. We don't have a whole lot of strong AOE.

My gear so far from the Black Garden vendor, DSM And FC gear, I have enough crit that keeps CP up almost at ALL Times. Which IMO > .5 sec off of BoJ

EDIT:
    I made a rough spec for 50. Just for the hell of it. THIS MAY give us too many spells to balance and our rotation may turn to **** because of it due to not being able to capitalize off of BoJ&BoD, however we honestly WON'T know until we try.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...V0tMxk.VxVoo.i

If that is the case and there are too many skills (Because we add Dark Water and Curse of Solitude (Cabalist), one has a cast time), then I recommended taking those two points out and putting them into Aquatic affinity (Inq Tree). Inq/Cabalist has issues keeping mana, this will help, so will the talents in the warden tree, thats why we took them rather than, say, druid or purifier.

EDIT2:
    This is for instancing.
    Last edited by Shablo5; 02-02-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

For Inq/Cab build:

One very good rotation of skills PvE wise is to pre-cast a Sigil form Cabalist. Then target a a single mob in a cluster and use Curse of Solitude to draw them all in, channel Decay to build up lurking decays, cast Bound Fate and finish it all up with Soul Drain. The majority of mobs should be dead by now, if not blow your lurking decay stacks with Obliterate. Inbetween Bound Fate and Soul Drain I sometimes like to DoT 2-3 mobs with Vex for extra life tap and when they all draw in you blow em up!

Quote Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
    For Inq/Cab build:

One very good rotation of skills PvE wise is to pre-cast a Sigil form Cabalist. Then target a a single mob in a cluster and use Curse of Solitude to draw them all in, channel Decay to build up lurking decays, cast Bound Fate and finish it all up with Soul Drain. The majority of mobs should be dead by now, if not blow your lurking decay stacks with Obliterate. Inbetween Bound Fate and Soul Drain I sometimes like to DoT 2-3 mobs with Vex for extra life tap and when they all draw in you blow em up!
    For soloing.
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

+ Reply to Thread