+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conviction Indicator

Soulwalker

Default Conviction Indicator

For starters, I've only played Beta 5. For me, the Convictions indicator was a small number in the corner of the Buffs bar.

I've noticed most other classes that have a mechanic like this get a special set of indicators that are tied to the Self window ( the part of the UI that shows your own HP/Power, etc) and under the health/power bars above the avatars head.

Normally when fighting easy stuff, I would always hit and I never really had to think if I was or was not building up Conviction. But I found when going up against harder stuff, I was not always hitting consistently and Conviction build up was not always guaranteed. The fact that other buffs on me can move where my Conviction indicator in the buff bar ends up, it's not always the easiest to know exactly how much I have in a split second.

So was I missing something and we do have other indicators for Conviction or should this be something we request? I have no problem with the mechanics of any part of this :P Simply wanting another spot for Conviction indication.

Soulwalker

We don't have another direct indication of the number of Conviction stacks upon us. I think it would be great if our unit frame had a Warrior-like Ability Point indicator.
    Last edited by amoeba; 02-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Agreed, I found it very useful on the Champion I played. Having those 3? Swords easily visible above my guys head made it more fun and more reliable - so I could keep my eye on the action in the center of the screen. As a healing class it's almost more important :P

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Strumiker View Post
    Agreed, I found it very useful on the Champion I played. Having those 3? Swords easily visible above my guys head made it more fun and more reliable - so I could keep my eye on the action in the center of the screen. As a healing class it's almost more important :P
    VERY good idea maybe a dev will look into this. Possibly a cross? to signify how many points we have? like the swords we have crosses?

Soulwalker

I'd be okay with a cross. The icon for Cavalier (the buff that grants us the ability to proc Conviction) looks like a blue glowing sword with angel wings around it. They could go for something like a pair of wings or possibly a glowing halo. Most of the abilities look to be a yellow/gold glow with a few being blue. I think most of the Justicar abilites are gold when cast? I can't remember and Friday is tooooooooooo far away :P
    Last edited by Strumiker; 02-02-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Telaran

Oh my goodness, yes please.

Keeping track of Convictions can sometimes be a nightmare.

I'd be fine with a single buff-like window, since there are multiple souls that have a mechanic like this, it could just simply be added to the UI and moved at the users discretion, resized, etc, so all particular things like convictions, pacts, etc could be displayed easier. Then again I don't know **** about programming so I'm only assuming it wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

I like this idea as well...

if they have addons (i can't remember what they're called atm) we probly could create a thingy :S
    i LOVE this game!

+ Reply to Thread