+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some Help Choosing my first Character.

Telaran

Thumbs up Looking for some Help Choosing my first Character.

Hey there. i just Recently discovered Rift and So far im really impressed by the game.

Coming from 2 other MMo Games ( World of Warcraft, Warhammer online )

Healing has always been my Call. i simply love saving peoples ***

So my Question is: Wich class do you consider the Best healer ? i myself Was thinking About Sentinel/warden/Justicar.

i Should also mention that my focus would mainly Be Pvp Combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    Hey there. i just Recently discovered Rift and So far im really impressed by the game.

Coming from 2 other MMo Games ( World of Warcraft, Warhammer online )

Healing has always been my Call. i simply love saving peoples ***

So my Question is: Wich class do you consider the Best healer ? i myself Was thinking About Sentinel/warden/Justicar.

i Should also mention that my focus would mainly Be Pvp Combat.
    I did pvp up thru lvl 29 last beta using several combinations to see what worked best for me. I settled into a build that looked close to this:

~17 Sentinel/ ~15 warden/ ~5 purifier

This gave me some HoTs, some Instants, a couple big casting single targets, some AoEs and an Oh Cr*p! Shield for getting out of trouble. Going Templar was not really worth it at low lvl imo b/c you can't get deep enough to do much.

I wouldn't worry about picking the right combo the first time if I were you. After you have picked 3 souls you can get a quest in the major city to learn the other 6 one at a time. Also you can buy up to 3 more "roles" giving you 4 different "Specs" to change quickly into. I had 6 plus the Templar to experiment with and for PvP healing I ended using what I said and for solo dps I used a

5:2:1 Inquisitor/Cabalist/ Warden

And I'd suggest you at least start with what ever dps soul floats your boat because you won't see much PvP until after level 10.

My 2 cents.

I don't think at this point there is a "better" healer since we've only got to play up to 30 (soon to be 35). I'd say it mostly depends on if you want to do Healing over time or Burst healing. Warden main is HoTs and burst is Purifier / Sentinel.
    Of course this could all change with gear/ level.
    Me personally i like running Warden, lots of HoTs everywhere for Warfronts with a few "oh crap" buttons for burst healing.

Justicar's healing won't help you too much unless you use your GCD's to cast life damage on the enemy targets to generate conviction. It's a waste IMO, leave it out.

Warden, at the moment IMO is a bit gimped in PVP right now. Why? Your hots are amazing, but not enough to keep up with constant damage from classes like Ranger/Marks or Storm/Ele. Burst stuff bro, you aint got the stuff. Sentinel has great mitigation in PVP and great heals + AOE Heals. Purifier is also mitigation, shields and single target strong heals. Some might disagree, but Purifier is strait direct heals while Sent is AOE. Both great none the less.

For PVP I prefer Sent/Warden/Purifier. You could go Sent/Pur/Warden. Gives me enough healing and damage mitigation to keep myself alive in codex while waiting for backup, OR keep the flag up from constant damage in black garden, as even the fang's damage is mitigated by skills like Healer's Covenant (Reduces all damage by 40%)
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

+ Reply to Thread