+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plz check this OUT! justicar/shaman/purifier

Default plz check this OUT! justicar/shaman/purifier

this is the first build i've ever posted on here, so don't bash it too hard!!! this will mostly be used for PVP.
    most skills i will be using are from the justicar tree.
    i chose the shaman soul for more dmg output and more crits + my crits will give me hp and mana back. the top branch in the tree also grants my next skills in 9secs 2 crit, so that's a lot of hp and mana back. the only melee skills from this tree i'll use are the snares/charge/aoe (i've noticed that the aoe hit will hit more people than the justicar tree even if i put the pts to improve the justicar one)
    i was going to go sentinel instead of purifier, but i want a castable heal (w/ a cast-time) so that if i have no convictions or an instant cast heal is on CD i could pop off a heal, and also heal my squadmates.

here it is (i hope it saved all the pts i put in!)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...k.EucoV0oddz.m

my original plan was to go mainly justicar then sentinel for the castable aoe, but i'd rather have the passives from shaman :P
    i LOVE this game!

Pretty solid build. I like it. =) Although from experience you might find higher DPS if you focus on Shaman skills, but that's just me. And in that case I can see some points being switched around in the Shaman tree.

But you did say Justicar as main so that build is perfect for that.
    Detailed Cleric Guide by v!3L, your friendly, neighborhood Cleric.

Soulwalker

Build would benefit from getting % damage reduction over 1% heal from melee critical strikes.

It's better as both tank and melee dps to not take damage over healing that damage - especially when one works in cc and one does not.

You're missing the str/dex reduction vengeance and any kind of cc outside of a 2 second melee stun (correct me if I'm wrong.

You have nothing to remove ccs or opponent's buffs or any supporting buffs.

At best I'd say this is a 1v1 build.

Yeah I was thinking about the no dispel bit, warden with 4 points would definitely benefit that. But OP did say they want a heal with cast so I guess warden is out of the question. *shrug*

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tizleness View Post
    this is the first build i've ever posted on here, so don't bash it too hard!!! this will mostly be used for PVP.
    most skills i will be using are from the justicar tree.
    i chose the shaman soul for more dmg output and more crits + my crits will give me hp and mana back. the top branch in the tree also grants my next skills in 9secs 2 crit, so that's a lot of hp and mana back. the only melee skills from this tree i'll use are the snares/charge/aoe (i've noticed that the aoe hit will hit more people than the justicar tree even if i put the pts to improve the justicar one)
    i was going to go sentinel instead of purifier, but i want a castable heal (w/ a cast-time) so that if i have no convictions or an instant cast heal is on CD i could pop off a heal, and also heal my squadmates.

here it is (i hope it saved all the pts i put in!)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...k.EucoV0oddz.m

my original plan was to go mainly justicar then sentinel for the castable aoe, but i'd rather have the passives from shaman :P
    Looks pretty good, but don't get your heart set too much on this build. First of all, you have to wait until release to get to lvl 50. Additionally, there will be LOTS of changes before then, so things may be changed.

Word on the street (via alpha notes) is that there will be big changes to the cleric souls.

But have fun! Justicar/shaman is really fun. I played a justicar/shaman/sentinel and had a blast. My only concern was mana consumption, since as a justicar you FLY through your mana. Even with Vengeance of Ageless Ice and Precept of Purpose, I was still oom a lot. Gotta love that High Elf racial (which there is a rumor about being removed or altered )

Switch to druid instead of Pur. Put 3 points into Endurance for PVP, and put 1 more point into Justicar so you get Interdict. The healing boost from Purifier isn't worth it....... Since you're going to be taking apoint out of purifier anyways you wont have 4 points for the heal. Take druid, put atlaest 2 points in to get shield of oak, and rotate that between your ice shield from shaman. Kids stuff.
    Interdict is for PVP. Get it.
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Looks pretty good, but don't get your heart set too much on this build. First of all, you have to wait until release to get to lvl 50. Additionally, there will be LOTS of changes before then, so things may be changed.

Word on the street (via alpha notes) is that there will be big changes to the cleric souls.

But have fun! Justicar/shaman is really fun. I played a justicar/shaman/sentinel and had a blast. My only concern was mana consumption, since as a justicar you FLY through your mana. Even with Vengeance of Ageless Ice and Precept of Purpose, I was still oom a lot. Gotta love that High Elf racial (which there is a rumor about being removed or altered )
    Yeah, lots of rumors flying around about cleric soul changes. Like buffing 36+ root abilities. Didn't hear about the High Elf racial change (which would suck) but hey, it's all speculation 'til the official word gets out.

And I forgot to mention one thing on the OP's build. You need to take into account the PvP soul.

Soulwalker

yes it seems we have to put min. 36+ pts in shaman to go fir good dmg (if not even 44) and i would take sentinel cause

1. the instant heal is rly instant and do heal lot more than this 1s cast heal from puri i think
    2. sentinel have nice instant life-based dmg spells which gain u a conviction=)
    3. and if u want a 2s heal with no cd for ur allies , u just have to put 6 pts in sentinel and u get that too

Quote Originally Posted by vi3L View Post
    Yeah, lots of rumors flying around about cleric soul changes. Like buffing 36+ root abilities. Didn't hear about the High Elf racial change (which would suck) but hey, it's all speculation 'til the official word gets out.

And I forgot to mention one thing on the OP's build. You need to take into account the PvP soul.
    Need is a strong word. You don't NEED to at all.
    God : Defiant - 50 Cleric - Deepstrike (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by Shablo5 View Post
    Need is a strong word. You don't NEED to at all.
    That's why I said, need to take into account. Didn't say you need to have it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shablo5 View Post
    Switch to druid instead of Pur. Put 3 points into Endurance for PVP, and put 1 more point into Justicar so you get Interdict. The healing boost from Purifier isn't worth it....... Since you're going to be taking apoint out of purifier anyways you wont have 4 points for the heal. Take druid, put atlaest 2 points in to get shield of oak, and rotate that between your ice shield from shaman. Kids stuff.
    Interdict is for PVP. Get it.
    but don't you get a shield off the back with purifier? Shield of ancestry. I rolled this build last beta and felt very comfortable with it. Now i am unsure how the shield and the cast heal scales towards endgame but around lv 20 i loved the diversity it provided. Sometimes when i was hiding out with the war front relic i had no convictions and needed a heal outside the conviction based genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
    yes it seems we have to put min. 36+ pts in shaman to go fir good dmg (if not even 44) and i would take sentinel cause

1. the instant heal is rly instant and do heal lot more than this 1s cast heal from puri i think
    2. sentinel have nice instant life-based dmg spells which gain u a conviction=)
    3. and if u want a 2s heal with no cd for ur allies , u just have to put 6 pts in sentinel and u get that too
    yea this beta my guy was justicar/warden/sentinel and i did enjoy the extra little insta 30m ranged attack which since it's lifebased did give me a conv.

the branches will probly change drastically, so idk why people (and myself) are posting builds >.< lol
    i LOVE this game!

+ Reply to Thread