+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite PVP Cleric Classes?

Soulwalker

Default Favorite PVP Cleric Classes?

I have a question to all you pvp clerics out there!

What classes do you combine? What makes your combination good? How does it handle survivability and healing? Are you into solo pvp or group pvp?

And as the topic says, im mostly interested in PVP and i know other people are interested in this as well, and its nice to hear about other peoples perspective before the game goes live.

I loved my shaman/druid/sentinel can hold his own 1v1 very well, can take on 2 people aswell and still walk away. This build has 3 heals, 2 wards and alot of crit, a charge skills, a perma snare, works great against casters and rogues, not so much against other clerics, it's more a matter of who goes OOM first.

I also loved my Warden/Inquistor/Sentinel, a very mobile build, very good 1V1, can fight multiple targets at once, since he can move around, cast hots on himself, then cast dots on the target, and use his channeled spells for direct dmg, and can spec into making his hardest hitting spell insta cast. This build also offers alot of heals for a party, so in WF or group pvp, you will be amazing support.

These will most likely be my main pvp builds, it all depends what mood I'm in that day.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

I started playing around with Warden/Druid/Sentinel towards the end of Beta 5 and really liked it. Wardens heals are amazing and the cc from Druid is unbeatable for Cleric, Sentinel was a solid choice for buffs and a couple more instant cast dmg spells. This is most likely gonna be my solo pvp spec come live.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by vanella View Post
    I started playing around with Warden/Druid/Sentinel towards the end of Beta 5 and really liked it. Wardens heals are amazing and the cc from Druid is unbeatable for Cleric, Sentinel was a solid choice for buffs and a couple more instant cast dmg spells. This is most likely gonna be my solo pvp spec come live.
    afaik wardens have their primary healing abilities in hots right? Does Druid/Sentinel give you any mass heal spells, either single target or aoe?

In Beta 5, I was a Justicar / Sentinel / Inquisitor with a 2hander.. Which was kind of odd at first, but I went with it, and ended up doing really well - especially 1 on 1.

Here: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0m00z.xxzo.V0z

Heals were cheap (doctrine of bliss / healing breath were really all i needed, but also had the 2 sec cast healing grace when i wasnt being pounded on)

Melee was steady damage and also healed me as I damaged.

For ranged damage, I had 3 instant cast DoTs, 2 instant cast nukes, and a nice channeled spell - all of which were easily weavable with each other for steady, cheap / efficient ranged damage (not huge DPS, but enough to keep people having to heal or run)

Other highlights: perma snare when in melee range, being able to switch between mien of honor / leadership when I had melee dps on me or not, good healing output for the group when i would just stand back and spam healing grace.

Reminded me quite a bit of warrior priest from Warhammer, except better ranged damage, and not quite as good melee dmg or melee healing - though it was noticeable!

Fun stuff
    Last edited by Oricular; 02-02-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    The thunder cracks in the distance.
    Alerted, a quick glance to the right ushers forth a fast burning streak of lightning.
    He has come.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    I also loved my Warden/Inquistor/Sentinel, a very mobile build, very good 1V1, can fight multiple targets at once, since he can move around, cast hots on himself, then cast dots on the target, and use his channeled spells for direct dmg, and can spec into making his hardest hitting spell insta cast. This build also offers alot of heals for a party, so in WF or group pvp, you will be amazing support.
    This looks like an interesting combo, by choosing the Inquisitor I assume you get some nice abilities for the survivability as well... nice class =)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Oricular View Post
    Reminded me quite a bit of warrior priest from Warhammer, except better ranged damage, and not quite as good melee dmg or melee healing - though it was noticeable!
    I also played WAR and saw the great potential in warrior priests, they did exceptionally in both group pvp and solo with the right specc and gear ... Can they be related to the class you described? I imagined something like Justicar/Warden/Shaman would be a copy of the warrior priest class :P

Quote Originally Posted by Butchertron View Post
    This looks like an interesting combo, by choosing the Inquisitor I assume you get some nice abilities for the survivability as well... nice class =)
    You get a channeled spell from Inquisitor which gives you health back, you can spec into vex to make it heal you for a percentage of the dmg done to your target, and at 20 points you get another pushback.

But most of your survivability comes from the warden spec.

I had 20/20 points into, and eventually I'm going deeper into sent to get another instant dot.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

yah, perhaps that would be closer. To be honest with you, I still havn't tried out or studied much about shamans or druids, so I couldn't really tell you. The justicar alone is very warrior priest-like .. No matter what you mix it with, the potential to be frontline melee-healers is there.
    The thunder cracks in the distance.
    Alerted, a quick glance to the right ushers forth a fast burning streak of lightning.
    He has come.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Butchertron View Post
    I agree - that is quite impressive

As a PvP healer I feel that Warden is extremely strong in the mobility game. You get a lot of instant cast spells (healing/offensive) a strong knock back to keep melee dps away and a magic dispel (all of this you can do while running in circles). I added a little bit of Inquisitor to the mix for a few more instant cast damaging spells and an instant cast slow off the GCD (amazing combo with the knockback). As for a third soul Purifier gives a nice shield but in retrospect I think Sentinel would be stronger in a group support role because of the instant heal.

If you're interested in how Warden/Inquisitor/Purifier plays you can check the link in my sig to a few PvP videos.
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalharis View Post
    If you're interested in how Warden/Inquisitor/Purifier plays you can check the link in my sig to a few PvP videos.
    Wow great vids and some nice commentating skills as well =) Warden seems really effective, as you said, lots of hots and other instant spells which makes one able to keep moving around and dodging.

Soulwalker

Does anyone have any information on how well a main Justicar with lets say Warden would work in group pvp? I assume the Justicar is a bit thougher than other healing classes, so that the survivability would pay off to one not dying to easy... Any opinions on this matter?

+ Reply to Thread