+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viability of caster DPS clerics

Default Viability of caster DPS clerics

Has anyone really tried out caster only dps builds? i know there is suggested souls to couple with but why not make a good caster dps hybrid with some healing? anyone have some decent suggestions for builds or strategy?

A Cabalist or Inquisitor with a pinch of warden seems to be working for a lot of people.

Inquisitor/Warden is a very mobile build while the Cabalist has to stay in one spot for 3 seconds to set up his initial nuke, the HoT's from Warden should give him enough time to survive long enough so that he can start running again and use his Mealstrom, Obliterate, Decay, Tiranny.

From reading other people experiences with a Cabalist they can bring 7 people down to 25% of their hp, more then enough to let other finish the group off.

Inquisitor/Warden focus more on sigle target dps, using his dots and channeled spells to get their target down, and having a chance for their hardest hitting spell (bolt of depravity) to be instant cast instead of 3sec.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8E94ltrbs

working fine for me... going 14-1 in warfronts... to me its all about kill death ratio and not insane damage numbers

thanks for the info guys iam trying to work out my secondary roles after my healers and this is really helpful. I just wanted to find a way to make sure i don't have to carry extra gear in my bags to switch out and a caster dps seems the most viable with healing. Since bag space seems to be a very important property of the game i need to keep them empty enough when iam questing so i dont have to make a journey bag to town just to sell junk.

Default Hybrid build

(Shameless plug) Here's a video I made of Inquisitor/Warden/Sentinel PvP. I do about equal parts healing, damage, and crowd control. It's a really fun build to play and you get some great survivability.
    Check out my YouTube channel for a few Cleric PvP videos with commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG8E94ltrbs

working fine for me... going 14-1 in warfronts... to me its all about kill death ratio and not insane damage numbers
    what i got between stuttering was how easy it is to kill people when they get away from their group and you have 4-5 teammate to stick by. Not that you didn't do good, just that it was a video highlighting easy kills and nothing else really. Would love to see some 1on1 if you have any. I didn't get a chance to do much with your build.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Mattdoommaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teague Síofra View Post
    Has anyone really tried out caster only dps builds? i know there is suggested souls to couple with but why not make a good caster dps hybrid with some healing? anyone have some decent suggestions for builds or strategy?
    I posted an Purifier/Inquisitor/Warden build you might be interested in.

Want to know more about Clerics? Check out Rift Clerics . NET

I'm planning to try an Inquisitor/Cabalist/Sentinel build, 46/10/10. It should allow me to DPS and off-heal, or at least heal myself as needed. It's right here.

+ Reply to Thread