+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shaman Changes!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    At best we can hope to be 'not unfavorable' which is not the same as 'favorable'
    Why shouldn't we expect to be at least equal to the other classes? After all 'tis the season of miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Uviktig View Post
    Why shouldn't we expect to be better than other classes in a category?
    ^fixed.

Why is is that there are no fights where all the clerics are at the top? Everyone goes; look clerics are average, look clerics are average, look clerics are nearly average. Instead of the obvious which is; look mages are excelling, look rogues are excelling, look warriors are excelling.

If clerics were truly average, you'd at least expect to see a fight or two where you could say 'look clerics are excelling'. But there aren't, and people don't. Which means that clerics aren't actually average or on par with the other classes.

10%, 7%, 5%, doesn't matter. Look at the class as a whole and you'll see that they are below average.
    <Druidz R Us>

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    Lady Envy: the most balanced split in MoM, with the only top ten dps cleric showing at #7. Arguably due to a bug, and still a solid 4-5k behind primalist/mage/warrior.
    can you elaborate on this bug a little? i'm not entirely sure what this means, was it the portal phase skip bug or something else?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    My opinion : Grasping the horizon and Phantom Blades are cancers and they need to disappear from the game asap.
    Also nerf everyone but clerics. And then buff us.
    Either remove those, or give shaman something similar. So far shaman disconnect capabilities are like... Ekkehard's Grasp and Punishing Strike once every 8s. Paragon and Harbinger lose virtually no DPS with a 50% uptime because of those skills whereas shaman suffers horribly.
    7/11 HK 4/4 iGP | 0/9 MoM
    Pizzacatt@Laethys | Pitacat@Laethys | Pururun@Laethys

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lurentia View Post
    Either remove those, or give shaman something similar. So far shaman disconnect capabilities are like... Ekkehard's Grasp and Punishing Strike once every 8s. Paragon and Harbinger lose virtually no DPS with a 50% uptime because of those skills whereas shaman suffers horribly.
    Pizzacatt, unfortunately shaman is not a soul from Primalist. This means red hawk will not be looking at it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomed View Post
    Pizzacatt, unfortunately shaman is not a soul from Primalist. This means red hawk will not be looking at it anytime soon.
    ****in hell, I hate how this is true.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Lurentia View Post
    You should spec Into the lvl 62 mastery and go ekkehard's grasp > fervent strike when you're within 20m and punishing strike is on cd ofc.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Changing clerics to some mroe melee qol is all perfectly fine by me, but also change the way the burst happens then, double forcecrit mb at 35 meters range, good bye pvp.

I didn't mind the game when warrior ranged dps was awefull cuz tempest was a ****ty ranged sustained dps spec and paragon had a charge and flurry as disconnect tools, at best two charges, it was still playable, it was far behind because it lacked burst though but hey it's melee, you gotta charge if you don't run fast enough. It was fine.
    I liked the game more when it wasn't all about dire corruption padding, then again at that time clerics and mages were shining, shaman disconnect tools were actually something warriors were jealous of, harb was already an outlier then.
    IT WAS AN OUTLIER, not the fing norm.

Then again I liked the game even more when disconnect tools were bad and fights were melee punishing much more so but you still had to play melee, there was no simple go ranged and do 5% less dps in return but do it all the time, melee from what it was then (unfortunately the brilliant mind who came up with the original balance kinda only did that for the one class without ranged dps at all when it should be a global thing to melee) actually hit significantly harder and was significantly sturdier than ranged dps for the sole reason beeing that that was the only way to keep up dps and the balance like that worked.

What we really need is LESS disconnect tools, more melee cc/survivability, maybe even a bit less movementspeed since nowadays casually walking on foot beats the lvl 50 bis mount at that time by a longshot.

The way we're on right now doesn't work out obviously, it's a ***** to balance, it really sucks in pvp to the point where you can legitimately call rift a 100% pve based game or in short a 50% content available sad piece of code.

Then again, why does dire corruption pad so hard, why does storm torrent pad so hard, why does lucent slash blazing light pad so hard, why does riftspear stonespear pad so hard, why does fiery chains pad so hard, why does living flame pad so hard?

SIngletarget dps spec cleave should be limited down to 54 paragon 22 champion kind of cleave, simple 1s gcd spammable mighty blow, nothing more, nothing less, shaman style essentially, though spread frozen wrath is just as much of a pad there obviously.

damn if you want to deal with plentyful adds bring an actual aoe calling into the rotation, all this padding isn't fun and screws up the balance because someone will pad harder and everyone else will be mad.
    The actual singletarget is what should be delivered by those callings and that wouldn't be AS hard to bloody balance.
    Last edited by Godgrinder; 12-03-2015 at 02:02 AM.

^^ agreed. i don't want a grasping/phantom blades type mechanic and lol the first thing that comes to mind when i think about this is gibbing people with deep freeze at 30m.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Disciple

Making lavafield raidwide buff would be nice tho. Suddenly ranged specs would become playable and inq is one of the strongest, if not the strongest. Our inq pulled 102k with t1 trinket on Faux, thats like 105k with t2, and he is missing other pieces too.

Its a really bad meta design with lavafield and almost 0 mechanical punishments for meeles in 99% of the fights. You have only a few fights in all expansion where ranged is viable or required.

But as long as its meele meta i really dont see how shaman fits in that, people who know noting about it spam this thread with garbage, without any evidence about the "only few %" difference on real fights, with mechanics disconnects, serverlag and cleaving.
    Last edited by Tetmes; 12-03-2015 at 10:57 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    ^^ agreed. i don't want a grasping/phantom blades type mechanic and lol the first thing that comes to mind when i think about this is gibbing people with deep freeze at 30m.
    It's funny too cause most raid mages would be happy to junk Phantom Blades/Blade Mark/Hailstorm if we'd get non-intrusive and game-breaking tools also.

I mean, I'd be perfectly happy with a range attack that did 1/4th normal damage, had no CD, but still counted as Slashes for the purpose of skill upkeep.

Also removing Hailstorm so no more YOLO cleave and reliance on enemy standing still.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Plane Touched

I agree with ecru and Goodgrinder, but I think the underlying issue here is a much broader one: that mobility is so important in Rift. I think if we made ranged specs like tempest and MM less mobile, and removed overpowered disconnect tools from melee specs that allow them to be ranged for a larger percentage of time than they're actually melee, we would get a much more enjoyable and skill-based gameplay, in both PvE and PvP. Then fix PvP in general, and I'd probably even enjoy doing my 7+ weekly warfronts.
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

111k on fauxmire tonight. closing in on the top 10 (or 15? who knows) rogue parses! still 13-14k behind the best warrior and primalist parses though.

looking forward to 2016 :^)
    Last edited by ecru; 12-05-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Iri
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    can you elaborate on this bug a little? i'm not entirely sure what this means, was it the portal phase skip bug or something else?
    Not sure... I can't find the post where somebody was saying that the parses on Envy were inflated because of a bug. If you're not familiar with it I'm perfectly comfortable just saying that Envy has the only top ten dps cleric.

By the way, are we allowed to get *****y yet about how clerics have one single top ten dps representative in all of MoM, and primalists are now #1 on literally every fight? It's supposed to be "Different classes do well on different kinds of fights" not "Primalists are the best at every kind of fight and clerics are the worst at every kind of fight."
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    By the way, are we allowed to get *****y yet about how clerics have one single top ten dps representative in all of MoM, and primalists are now #1 on literally every fight? It's supposed to be "Different classes do well on different kinds of fights" not "Primalists are the best at every kind of fight and clerics are the worst at every kind of fight."
    i feel like this is kind of important so i'm quoting it. i'll probably quote it again in a few days or a week and probably sometime in 2016 too.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast