+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Purifier, the most useless healer in PvP?

Default Purifier, the most useless healer in PvP?

I really don't see why anyone would go in this tree, it's terrible for PvP. The only viable thing you get is a flash heal, and a physical debuff removal tied to a 45 second cooldown. Latent Blaze is actually worse than the sentinel version, and the absorbs are balanced around a 3 SECOND CAST heal. Flashover is terrible compared to the 20 point templar ability, and touch of light as well as tidal surge. Ward of the Ancients has a 45 second cooldown, and absorbs for very little after it's been purged GG.

You lose so much mobility, survivability and healing by going into purifier especially if you take it over warden or templar.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 02-02-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Champion of Telara

Have you tried it in PvP? it seems like it would have a major advantage over the other 2 specs in P vP and 1 downside. If you need help figuring out what those 2 things are I might be able to help.

Yes I have tried it in PvP, the difference in survivability and mobility between a purifier and a warden is ridiculous for me.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 02-01-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

I played a purifier at lvl 23 in pvp and my brother who is a mage had the 2nd most damage taken in the warfront. I think they could use some love though. The blessing that heals when you take damage does not seem to scale as well as the Orbs of the stream. Nor does the instant heal seems to scale as well as the sentinel insta heal and the purfier insta heal is farther up the tree. Warden has its advantages when you got a good build up of heals on someone but purifier is better with the Oh crap dude needs heals now! I am thinking sentinel/warden is a little better.

Ascendant

i play a ward/pur/sent in pvp with mostly all points spent in purifier. only 13 in ward to get up to AOE HoT. the spec works great for me. so i dont really see what your complaining about.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Champion of Telara

Right Survivabilty was what I was hinting at. The downside I was going for was no real group heals, but I could see mobility too. I think that it would be just as if not more mobile that a sent healer though. At 50 you should be able to go into 2 trees pretty well though so it would get rid of some of its downside. I agree with survivability, but I kind of feel like its more than that. I feel like it could keep healing other while under duress than other specs. if you pair purifier with justicar it seems like a tough kill.

Going off of pure Healing output though I dont think it would be as good as the other 2 in PvP.

I don't think the devs are too worried about making purifier viable in pvp. It's pretty viable in pve and that's probably supposed to be the purifier's territory. Not every soul will be geared to be effective in pvp as that's not even half the game. If you want a healer in pvp I'd recommend warden from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Right Survivabilty was what I was hinting at. The downside I was going for was no real group heals, but I could see mobility too. I think that it would be just as if not more mobile that a sent healer though. At 50 you should be able to go into 2 trees pretty well though so it would get rid of some of its downside. I agree with survivability, but I kind of feel like its more than that. I feel like it could keep healing other while under duress than other specs. if you pair purifier with justicar it seems like a tough kill.

Going off of pure Healing output though I dont think it would be as good as the other 2 in PvP.
    Wardens have more survivability, because they are more mobile than the other two healers. In addition, when prehotted they can heal quite well when stunned. It's a question of how well you play your warden, but when played perfect a warden will always win in survivability and mobility.

Now, hybrid specs may work... but a pure warden with sentinel will always be better at this rate.

The difference is a sentinel can be brang for aoe heals and burst as well as passive survivability buffs on short cooldowns. Purifiers, have nothing... basically.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 02-10-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by tbox View Post
    I played a purifier at lvl 23 in pvp and my brother who is a mage had the 2nd most damage taken in the warfront. I think they could use some love though. The blessing that heals when you take damage does not seem to scale as well as the Orbs of the stream. Nor does the instant heal seems to scale as well as the sentinel insta heal and the purfier insta heal is farther up the tree. Warden has its advantages when you got a good build up of heals on someone but purifier is better with the Oh crap dude needs heals now! I am thinking sentinel/warden is a little better.
    I think that orbs of the stream has a higher tooltip than the healing blessing, it might also scale better. I think that the anti interupt blessing might be better though. The healing blessing would be better for rouges that you dont see coming that are going to stun you off the bat, but most of the time I think I would use caregivers blessing.

Default With increased cooldowns on shields and crits, maybe so

Quote Originally Posted by Rentak View Post
    I don't think the devs are too worried about making purifier viable in pvp.
    Rumor has it the cooldown on the shields have been increased substantially as well as the crit ability, which the purifier relies on for big heals.

I found the shields let me survive well in Level 30 pvp, but not do damage. With the increased cooldown timers, well... Marksman lookin' pretty good now :P

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Wardens have more survivability, because they are more mobile than the other two healers. In addition, when prehotted they can heal quite well when stunned. It's a question of how well you play your warden, but when played perfect a warden will always win in survivability and mobility.

Now, hybrid specs may work... but a pure warden with sentinel will always be better at this rate.
    (For example this hybrid spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0hz0kck.xx0R0M)

The difference is a sentinel can be brang for aoe heals and burst as well as passive survivability buffs on short cooldowns. Purifiers, have nothing... basically.
    Dont get me wrong I think warden is really good for PvP and regardless of what spec you go you should have some points in warden if youre going to heal. I dont think Purifier is worthless though and what they bring to the table is survivability. They have the armor talent, Blessings, setback reduction, absorb shield which help against heal debuffs and the best healing time bomb. They also have the spamable flash heal if you need it.

I run sent/warden in PvP, but I wouldnt call purifier worthless. I am actually plan on specing purifier the next time I get a chance to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezer View Post
    Rumor has it the cooldown on the shields have been increased substantially as well as the crit ability, which the purifier relies on for big heals.

I found the shields let me survive well in Level 30 pvp, but not do damage. With the increased cooldown timers, well... Marksman lookin' pretty good now :P
    I think you may have misunderstood me. I don't think the devs care if the purifier is viable in pvp at all. That's not his house, and I hope he will never be balanced for it. As it stands he's a pure single target pve healer and I hope he stays that way as he's my main and pvp in mmo's bores me to tears

Champion of Telara

I think you may have misunderstood me. I don't think the devs care if the purifier is viable in pvp at all. That's not his house, and I hope he will never be balanced for it. As it stands he's a pure single target pve healer and I hope he stays that way as he's my main and pvp in mmo's bores me to tears
    Right because blessings are obviously a tool for PvE( Fiery blessing could be).

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Right because blessings are obviously a tool for PvE( Fiery blessing could be).
    You have to go into warfronts and do some pvp to gather enough favor to get your pvp class, therefore every soul will have some things that are useful in pvp. AoE heals and such are more useful in pvp as direct healers are very obvious and make themselves easy targets. With the cooldowns on his shields it would be child's play for a competent rogue or warrior, or any dps class to eath through the purifiers shields before that cooldown is exhausted. His big heal is a long casting time, the instants have to be chained and combined with the shield to maximize effectiveness.

All in all having a couple token abilities to make pvp not hopeless while he grinds up to get that pvp soul does not make him a pvp focused soul. The look of the Purifier soul is overwhelmingly single target pve from my perspective, and fairly ineffectual in pvp.

On a side note I said pvp in mmo's bored me, I never said I'd never done it before. PvP in MMO's is mainly about connection speed, gear and flavor of the month classes, very little about any real player skill. Trion seems to be attempting to combat this with the pvp focused souls and I hope they are successful. Making pvp in MMO's interesting would be a nice change of pace.

Rift Disciple

You have to go into warfronts and do some pvp to gather enough favor to get your pvp class, therefore every soul will have some things that are useful in pvp. AoE heals and such are more useful in pvp as direct healers are very obvious and make themselves easy targets. With the cooldowns on his shields it would be child's play for a competent rogue or warrior, or any dps class to eath through the purifiers shields before that cooldown is exhausted. His big heal is a long casting time, the instants have to be chained and combined with the shield to maximize effectiveness.

All in all having a couple token abilities to make pvp not hopeless while he grinds up to get that pvp soul does not make him a pvp focused soul. The look of the Purifier soul is overwhelmingly single target pve from my perspective, and fairly ineffectual in pvp.

On a side note I said pvp in mmo's bored me, I never said I'd never done it before. PvP in MMO's is mainly about connection speed, gear and flavor of the month classes, very little about any real player skill. Trion seems to be attempting to combat this with the pvp focused souls and I hope they are successful. Making pvp in MMO's interesting would be a nice change of pace.
    I think you are the first person I have met that gets bored to tears over pvp but enjoys pve in mmo's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast