+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armor stat suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Armor stat suggestion

I posted this in eneral discussion, but thought i would post it here also, since I have seen some threads about wanting to try leather armor for justicar and such.

Ok, this might have been said before, but I am going to suggest this again. There is no choice in the matter when it comes to picking stats on armor.

I have only played Cleric so im not very familiar with the other Callings stats on armor, however I have noticed on all the armor that there is only one set of stats on the different kinds of armor (Plate, Leather,Chainmail, Cloth) With Cleric, You are stuck with all the armor being Wisom, Intelligence, and some endurance. With 8 different souls in each calling there are many different roles and play styles being utilized.

I feel like there should be chainmail that doesnt just have the above mentioned stats on it, but also some chain that has other stats like strength and dexterity, so players can build their character more to ther liking and not be stuck with one choice in stats. RIFT is great in character custimization, but the armor stats kind of put a halt to that.

I would like to just trhow this suggestion out there because i know others have thought about it, I have seen threads talking about clerics using leather for justicars, but they shouldnt have to use leather, there shouldbe chainmail with the stats some leather armor has on it. Anyway let me know what you all think, hate te idea or love it I dont care, I just want this taken into consideration.

Thanks,
    Shazamm

Rift Master

The big problem with this is it greatly expands the required loot tables. Instead of just needing 4 pieces per slot scattered among the bosses/whatever, you will then need stuff like tank leather, heal leather, tank chain, heal chain, dps chain, etc. It will also greatly increase the need to carry around multiple sets of gear for your different roles which can become extremely tedious.

I believe the "make all souls in a calling want the same stats" design is quite sound, there are just a few souls that are currently not up to snuff. Justicar needing str/dex, bard needing spellpower, etc. It should be far easier to fix the few outliers than to deal with the downside of adding in more gear (pally healing plate in "that game" for example). This way would also help minimize loot drama of the "wtf, that cleric stole my cloth" type.

I don't see why this is necessary: "also increases the cleric's attack power by their spell power, their physical crit by their spell crit, and their melee hit by their spell focus", "while this pet is active the cleric is granted the power of the fae, causing the cleric's attack power to be increased by their spell power, their physical crit to be increased by their spell crit and their melee hit by their spell focus" and "also increases the cleric's attack power by their spell power, their physical crit by their spell crit and their melee hit by their spell focus" all three are different abilities from different souls, the first and third last an hour but can be debuffed, the second lasts as long as your pet is active and cannot be debuffed.

Edit: I can't speak for bards because I haven't played one but I don't see why I would need strength or dexterity as a justicar or any other soul. I know some people are talking about not blocking but 1) I don't know why because I was definitely blocking for more than 0 and 2) regardless of what I was blocking I did not feel I needed better damage mitigation even in FC, the highest level dungeon we've gotten in beta.
    Last edited by insainbassist; 02-02-2011 at 03:05 AM.

While those buffs are good for melee dps clerics, it doesn't help out the Justicar as much when you go tank with it.

Other then that the stats on the chain gear or perfect, you only really need int/wis and end.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Rift Disciple

Justicar tanks could benefit from the Strength for bonuses to block.

I think the simplest solution is that for melee classes they get an equal conversion of:

Wisdom= Strength
    Intellect= Dexterity

Or something similar so we can get benefit from both stats. It would be just like the initial buff's you get for melee cleric souls that convert all sp, crit, and hit to ap, crit and hit.....but along with the SP we get the primary stats of str and dex.

They could then balance the class around the assumption we double dip into our stats which they have done for the most part already.

+ Reply to Thread