+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 Man Solo Healing

Soulwalker

Default 5 Man Solo Healing

So after trying to focus most of my points in the Sentinel, Purifier and Warden, it has still been difficult for me to heal the 5 mans. If anyone has a kick *** 5 man main healing build that would be awsome.

I'd like to help but I kept on getting the 89 49 error but I can say by looking at the talent tree I'd go mostly warden to start with. But really Rift is about find what works for you not somebody else, that is why they give us so many options. Keep trying new things. Also druid gets a healing pet with zero points try that with only points in two trees, that way you get further up a given tree to get the better spells and what not.

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    -Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Russea38 View Post
    So after trying to focus most of my points in the Sentinel, Purifier and Warden, it has still been difficult for me to heal the 5 mans. If anyone has a kick *** 5 man main healing build that would be awsome.
    Warden/Sentinel/Purifier.

You wont get a lot of heals if you put most of your points into Sentinel just yet with the level limit. Put most into Warden, some damage from Sent and leave Purifier till your advanced towards 30/35.
    I have had no problem keeping my group up but mana can be an issue at times. The better the chain armor the better your stats are going to be which should increase both your mana and damage output over time.
    At this time with Beta testing it is not an easy task to get a "kick *** class of any sort. If you feel your not doing what you want, reset your points till you find it is right for you.

Soulwalker

Default healing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Russea38 View Post
    Main Soul = Warden ... the Hot's are amazing.. ive solo healed all bosses in all instances available in beta without a problem so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterwolf89 View Post
    I'd like to help but I kept on getting the 89 49 error but I can say by looking at the talent tree I'd go mostly warden to start with. But really Rift is about find what works for you not somebody else, that is why they give us so many options. Keep trying new things. Also druid gets a healing pet with zero points try that with only points in two trees, that way you get further up a given tree to get the better spells and what not.
    i do hope you dont mean you get it now, as the servers are down, but that you get it in the beta events, in which case have you tried customer support ?

as for a healing build i used http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...nts=0&lang=eng and had no real issues.

ETA: And now the link should be correct !
    Last edited by paspinall; 02-01-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Shadowlander

Am I the only person planning on using the pvp souls?

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    i do hope you dont mean you get it now, as the servers are down, but that you get it in the beta events, in which case have you tried customer support ?

as for a healing build i used http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng
    Haha yes I got those errors during beta events lol I'm not a computer genius but I don't call tech support to have them to tell me to plug my computer in either. I tried the support stuff, it is a common error. There was a thread about it in technical support in the beta forums but the beta forums are gone right now

umm as for the soul you linked how did you use that? In this soul you have 66 points spent which is only possible at lvl 50 when the cap was 30 so yeah can you update that then ask again for help?

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    -Isaac Asimov

Rift Disciple

I found that purifier was much more effective at healing group s in the Realm of Fae. I prefer Warden healing style over the purifier style but in the realm of Fae warden heals were a little weak on the tank.

I would suggest Purifier build through level 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterwolf89 View Post
    Haha yes I got those errors during beta events lol I'm not a computer genius but I don't call tech support to have them to tell me to plug my computer in either. I tried the support stuff, it is a common error. There was a thread about it in technical support in the beta forums but the beta forums are gone right now

umm as for the soul you linked how did you use that? In this soul you have 66 points spent which is only possible at lvl 50 when the cap was 30 so yeah can you update that then ask again for help?
    because that is not the build i jus made, interesting ! brb with the right one lol

ETA: Try that one http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...nts=0&lang=eng

and i shall go edit the original.
    Last edited by paspinall; 02-01-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

What makes sentinel so bad that everybody choses warden or purifier over it?

I like the cooldown that reduces damage done to the target, and the 5% damage reduction every time I hit the aoe heal is pretty nice as well.

I might be biased to Sentinel though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xerre View Post
    Am I the only person planning on using the pvp souls?
    Yeah I am for pvp but not for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What makes sentinel so bad that everybody choses warden or purifier over it?

I like the cooldown that reduces damage done to the target, and the 5% damage reduction every time I hit the aoe heal is pretty nice as well.

I might be biased to Sentinel though.
    nothing, infact at the moment the sentinel is healing single target as well as the purifier and has aoe heals on top, the reason i used purifier as that is the one that appealed to me style wise thats all, i have played purifier as my main healing soul since the start.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Telaran

I Agree, I'm biased towards sentinel.
    Below is my level 30 build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00Gje..xx0VIz0fd.xG

I have main healed a lot of 5 mans with no issues. The one and only major issue with sentinel, is mana lastivity. If you single target heal, your fine. The MOMENT you try and do some AoE Healing, your mana disappears. I'm not sure how well this will work once you get to 50, but it is something to be tested at least. This is the 5 man heal build i want to use later down the road.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...cfzz.xAxh00uGk

Unfortunaty for 20 man raid healing, it's pretty much all warden. Sentinel is the best main tank healer by far, but when it comes to raids where everyone is taking a bit of damage, Warden owns more then cake.

Be aware that if you go Warden main early on, you won't get your rez until you have 18 points in it. So if you plan on healing in Fae that could be an issue. This wound up biting me because I was spreading my points between Warden and Sentinel, with most of them in Warden, and when I went to Fae at 18 I had no rez. Fortunately it was only a problem once but I really felt crappy that I couldn't rez the guy.

TBH I think that if you want to do heals there are going to be three different types. MT heal build, one for 12 mans and 20mans main healer, and then a build for low level 5man healing. What you are asking about is the 5mans and for that I for sure say go sent. If you want to learn to MT heal later on for the bigger stuff I think purifier but don't hold that against me quite yet, and for big ones it will not be 51pts in warden but alot of your points will go there. So from the updated build you linked I'd have guessed you were spec'ing for MT heals and it's a bit early for that. IMHO that is.

-Isaac Asimov

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast