+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you see as the most popular cleric build?

Telaran

Default What do you see as the most popular cleric build?

just wondering what you think you'll see a ton of

thanks

Shaman/druid
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    Shaman/druid
    with a pinch of warden.

I think Shaman/Justicar, either way you will see quite a bit of Shaman.
    Last edited by Uiin; 02-01-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Depends whether you mean out in the open planes or rift/dungeon dwellers. I believe most Clerics will have a healing build based on Warden/Sentinel. Otherwise, there's better options for leveling.

In terms of healers.

You're going to see more Wardens than any Healer.

In terms of DPS.

You are going to see Shamans more than any DPS-Cleric.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

as a healer for pvp? warden/sentinel/templar
    Last edited by Keridwan; 02-01-2011 at 10:47 PM.
    Femmes Fatales - The Art of the Feminine in the Power of MMOs

Shadowlander

While Warden and Sentinels are great, I think a lot of people are underestimating the power of Purifier. While it isn't a pure healing class, it does have some amazing buffs and damage prevention abilities. At 50 Sentinel/Purifier is beastly, and Warden/Purifier is all the fun of hots with the damage reduction and couple other nice buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire422 View Post
    While Warden and Sentinels are great, I think a lot of people are underestimating the power of Purifier. While it isn't a pure healing class, it does have some amazing buffs and damage prevention abilities. At 50 Sentinel/Purifier is beastly, and Warden/Purifier is all the fun of hots with the damage reduction and couple other nice buffs.
    I can tell you all the cool things about a holy priest in World of Warcraft. Doesn't change the fact that it's still **** compared to other healers.

Purifier is the noob spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Keridwan View Post
    as a healer for pvp? warden/sentinel/templar
    This, with warden being primary.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 02-02-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Purifier is the noob spec.
    How can you say this? Do you think increasing armor while you're healing, shields, removing negative physical effects, reducing cast pushback are skills for noob? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by M4rte View Post
    How can you say this? Do you think increasing armor while you're healing, shields, removing negative physical effects, reducing cast pushback are skills for noob? I don't think so.
    They are not enough plusses compared to the other side. Shields are terrible in this game, you can get armor without even going far into purifier if you decide to want it for whatever reason. Also, the other specs can cleanse those effects too (cept physical) and that physical dispel is locked on a 45 second cooldown, and pushback isn't a problem when you have peels or a warden.

All I'm saying from a solo stand point it's not good, there are too many negative aspects for it.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 02-02-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    They are not enough plusses compared to the other side. Shields are terrible in this game, you can get armor without even going far into purifier if you decide to want it for whatever reason. Also, the other specs can cleanse those effects too (cept physical) and that physical dispel is locked on a 45 second cooldown, and pushback isn't a problem when you have peels or a warden.

All I'm saying from a solo stand point it's not good, there are too many negative aspects for it.
    You should be right, however sterilize is the only skill you have to dispell all the healing debuff you'll get from warriors and rogues. Without a such dispell you'll risk to heal at 50% for long long time.
    Don't know, i have to try what you say.

Pls, post here a complete build you think good (for now of course) for a pure pvp healer ;)

I tell you what for real - if that Satyr kicks some major arse, I can see the Druid Soul becoming a very popular build.

I'm really kind of excited about it, to be honest. I have not played many games where Cleric flavored classes were given the option of having such an ally, in partnership with they could heal and/or fight beside.

Right now, we don't know for sure how it's going to pan out, because no one has enough points to get up there and find out.

But I say it again - if goat-boy ends up being badass, there are going to be a lot of 51 point Druid Primaries running around whooping it up.

And I'm going to be one of them with that Role in my collection.

Soulwalker

Default PvP/PvE Main Healer

Below is the template I came up with whilst watching the cyclone coverage here in Oz.

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

The painful thing is you have to spec 32 points into Sentinel to obtain the combat res.

If combat res wasn't so important, I wouldn't have sentinel at all rather purifier for the shields (with Warden as my main healing spec)

Fact is if your going to be in a PvP situation you will need a combat res, no ifs or buts IMO.

This build gives you plenty of healing capability on single target and of-course with the Warden mix you can keep a full group up without to many hassles.

It provides you with a purge and self healing (when crit) which is handy.

The sad thing about this build is how shallow into the Templar soul it goes, unfortunately though I cant see many builds going very far into it without gimping the other souls - sadly heavy investment is needed to obtain the key abilities of that soul i.e. Sentinel Res - 32 points.

The only other major problem (IMO) is I have not speced any mana/health regen abilities in the Warden or Sentinel which bothers me greatly.

Any constructive feedback from the readers is welcome

Gask.

Soulwalker

Default PvP/PvE - 2nd Template

Below is my 2nd template with regen:

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

This spec reduces even more from the Templar soul.

Gask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast