+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favored of the Valnir affect Justicar Healing passed through Righteous Mandate?

Soulwalker

Default Favored of the Valnir affect Justicar Healing passed through Righteous Mandate?

Can anyone tell me if the shaman passive Favored of the Valnir (+15% healing received) affects overheals that you pass on to the target of your Righteous Mandate? Or does it only affect heals that actually land on you?

Soulwalker

/bump
    anyone hav any idea on this?

also regarding justicar heals through salvation and reparation... does anyone know if these are affected by any of the healing souls' passives? im not sure about warden's surging rapids as they are not 'cast' heals, but would think that sentinel's bendiction would affect them, would reparation be considered an aoe heal for light's efficiency?

any answers would be helpful!

Telaran

I never even thought of that but I believe it does work in this case. All righteous mandate does is pass the overheal on to someone else. There is no reason why it would not pass on that to another character. Very astute observation

the 2nd post I need to test. Some stuff in this game is a little wonky.
    Last edited by Massdan; 02-02-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Just to clear things up, Righteous Mandate only passes the overheal if the healing was from Salvation. Also, to the original question, the +15% incoming healing most likely increases the overhealing as well.

Soulwalker

ok so it seems like most believe that the +15% will also be passed on to the target of the righteous mandate... so if we are at full health the target of RM will receive the 37.5% from reparation and 43.125% from our salvation (assuming favored of the valnir) which works out to 80.625% of the justicar's dmg healing the target.

now, all i need to do is test if salvation/reparation heals are affected by some of the passives in the healing souls... i should be able to parse some in B6 to check... its always tougher to tell though when the numbers are so small at this level...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendell View Post
    ok so it seems like most believe that the +15% will also be passed on to the target of the righteous mandate... so if we are at full health the target of RM will receive the 37.5% from reparation and 43.125% from our salvation (assuming favored of the valnir) which works out to 80.625% of the justicar's dmg healing the target.

now, all i need to do is test if salvation/reparation heals are affected by some of the passives in the healing souls... i should be able to parse some in B6 to check... its always tougher to tell though when the numbers are so small at this level...

I believe your slightly off with your salvation calculations, it looks like you took the 37.5% calculated from mein of honor, and added an extra 15% to that. If their smart, it won't stack like that. If you check the algebra, it will probably end up being slightly less, about 41.375 (or something around there i forgot what i actually calculated out) but your roughly right it ends up being in the high 78%. to do that constantly as 2H and even with a little bit of even justic now and again i actually WORRY about pulling agro, even with the 50% damage reduction generation.

It's really tough to tell which abilities the soul branch abilities affect from reading them. A lot of this I think will have to just be tested by individuals in the field.

Another example is Warden 2nd tier ability "Surging Rapids".

With 3 points, "Increases the effectiveness of your instant cast heals by 15%".

Ok, but what counts as an "instant" cast heal? Salvation and Reparation trigger their heals "instantly", but do they count? I mean they're more "effects" than "spells", but who knows how things work in the internal game code, those might be considered spells. And what about the Warden HOT "healing spray", it's instant and it heals, but it heals over time, so does that count or no?

Was anyone able to test if salvation and reparation heals trigger as 'instant cast heals' and if they receive bonuses from passive "effectiveness" skills?
    Praetor - Kelari Cleric from Carrion

+ Reply to Thread