+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Satyr

Default Druid Satyr

More and more, I'm really starting to be intrigued about how good that Satyr is going to be.

I don't know why - but the possibilities with that pet in combination with other Souls has been on my mind a lot lately.

Anyone else looking forward to it, hoping it's all that and a bag of cheetos, and giving it a try?

Rift Disciple

I plan to try out a couple builds centered around the Satyr, all the druid buffs for it + some buffs and heals from other souls to support him. Hopefully he turns out to be worth it.

If he turns out to be useless, I'll be a sad, sad panda...

I mean, look at him! Screw the Necromancer's undead minions, this thing is the most badass pet ever!

I totally hear you about him looking absolutely BAD A.S.S.

Ye Gods, I hope he's not as weak as a soggy sock.

Same, I really hope the Satyr is a bad mutha fooker... Because if he is limp wristed nancy boy I am gonna be pissed.... then it will end up being shaman all the way!

Rift Disciple

If the alpha notes are true, 51 points in druid will increase his damage by 100% all the time! Add the +100% damage cooldown and +50% from combined effort and he should be decapitating people with that huge axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominar View Post
    More and more, I'm really starting to be intrigued about how good that Satyr is going to be.

I don't know why - but the possibilities with that pet in combination with other Souls has been on my mind a lot lately.

Anyone else looking forward to it, hoping it's all that and a bag of cheetos, and giving it a try?
    Great, now I want some cheetos.

Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

I"m not expecinting much of the pet, for two reasons, if it really sucks, I won't be dissapointed. If it really is awesome I'll be super happy.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Quote Originally Posted by Niminion View Post
    If the alpha notes are true, 51 points in druid will increase his damage by 100% all the time! Add the +100% damage cooldown and +50% from combined effort and he should be decapitating people with that huge axe.
    I planned on doing solo questing build based on the druid soul and now this really makes me super excited about trying it out, especially with the 51point ability.

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    -Isaac Asimov

Telaran

My solo character is all droooood.running shaman as a back up. As long as i have Greater Fae is up i can knock down 4 even lvl enemies at once. Drood <3

Rift Disciple

Judging by how Trion does other pets I am inclined to think the Stayr will kick some ***. I saw some necro skelly rogue face **** a caster last beta.

Telaran

can only imagine that within the cleric tree he will offer amazing sustained dps vs the shaman who in terms will be more bursty in nature

I'm allmost certain he will do about the same dmg as a druid does, and that would be huge. Especially with Rage of the Fae and specced into hot blooded. I'm going Sentinel aswell with the build, and using the druid heal on top of that to heal the pet.

Not sure if it will work, but when you use water to regen mana, the pet also regens mana. So I'm wondering if you use a potion, will the pet be healed aswell.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Rift Disciple

I have no high hopes for the pet. Pet classes for melee are typically useless and only end up gimping your character. Ranged class tolerate pets out of necessity since they need a tank.....but melee classes are supposed to be their own tank along with dps.

Pets just mean you will be required to have them out to do your max potential....and without them you will be losing some vital function, like buffs, damage, or healing.

Not to mention they will be unreliable and possibly die to incidental raid damage. PVP they will be ignored and just one more thing to micromanage.

Pessimistic but true I really hope they reconsider pets for druid class.

go find the notes there's an ability that reduce's the dmg druid pet's an most other classes with pets take in their tree's from aoe dmg. So unless pet get's aggro should be able to keep it up just fine

+ Reply to Thread