+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mvp

Default Mvp

This is, I think, the build that's going to virtually dominate every aspect of group pvp/questing later on. I just want to know what you guys think about it.

Take a look at it. I tested it on Beta and I think this will totally kick ***. I was Grand Marshall on my pally in WoW back in the days before Burning Crusade and this is just the kind of build I would have dreamed of.
    • Very decent combat/group/self healing.
    • Combat rez.
    • Lots of crit.
    • Lots of damage reduction.
    • AoE damage (Vengeful justice).
    • A Stun.
    • A root.
    • And life based/healing infused weapons.

I don't think I could have asked for better back then. As I told you, I tested it on the beta and I simply dominated everyone I dueled and managed to be MVP of all my instances groups.

I think the build might need a bit of tweaking with 2-3 points but overall this will be my first build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...ucoVhoddz.EVVh
    Last edited by Emezim; 02-01-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    The ode lives upon the ideal, the epic upon the grandiose, the drama upon the real

You've been rooted, what do you do? If you move some points around you can get the Battle Charge talent in the Shaman tree. It removes roots and snares as well as charging at the enemy.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....EVVh00c0z.xbz Something like this.

I like your build but I'm pretty sure later on we'll be able to use some trinket of some sort to remove snare just like in WoW back then.

I kind of dislike to lose 3 % crit and + 3 opponents damage on Even Justice.

But yeah, I guess I don't need a Strike that hits 5 peoples. 3 is probably enough and I'll see if I can't temove some points somewhere else.

Thanks for the suggestion man!
    The ode lives upon the ideal, the epic upon the grandiose, the drama upon the real

Soulwalker

You have roles that you can easily switch between, it literally takes 2 seconds so why bother trying to generalize a role so much. I think this is a good utility DPS for PvE content as is but could definitely be retrofitted to either provide better DPS or better healing for PvP.

That said the Soul trees will likely change a bit before release so I'm gonna wait and see where things end up on release to suggest builds either way, but as is nice build.

Because you can't switch roles while in combat. I know, I tried. Having a generalized role that can do some of everything makes the whole team stronger. It would be like a Rogue going Riftstalker/Bard/???(any dps soul will do) or a Mage going Chloromancer/Dominator/???. The stronger the team is, the higher the likelihood of success.

Yup, add to that great PVP skills and I think this build (with some tweaks) will be pretty amazing.

I think I might take the BattleCharge our friend linked up there after all. Seems like a pretty neat ability.

Alright, so I think this build might be just almost perfect.

I get the charge plus all the melee bonus (minus 1-% crit which isnt dramatic).

Wee!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...z.EVVb00c0z.xL

Btw, would you guys have picked reparation ? I'm not sure if I should pass up on it.
    Last edited by Emezim; 02-01-2011 at 01:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread