+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My cleric build: critique

Soulwalker

Default My cleric build: critique

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...sx.VEohbz0tz.V
    I was planning on using this build for release and I was wondering what some people's thoughts are on this. Any tips on how to improve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
    I was planning on using this build for release and I was wondering what some people's thoughts are on this. Any tips on how to improve it?
    what is your goal? ranged dps?

Quote Originally Posted by tiennen07
    what is your goal? ranged dps?
    It seems obvious based on his build, did you even look?

to OP, why only lvl 45? Cap is at 50. The build look decent except i would put a few more pts into warden for some survivability.

Invest some points into Meastrom and the passives, it will maximize your aoe dmg.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Soulwalker

Yeah I was thinking about Maelstrom too. Would I really even need to put more into Warden? Over beta 5 I put nothing into it and when I did Warfronts I mostly came in 1st with mostly around 2-3 deaths and 20-30 kills.

Yeah I was thinking about Maelstrom too. Would I really even need to put more into Warden? Over beta 5 I put nothing into it and when I did Warfronts I mostly came in 1st with mostly around 2-3 deaths and 20-30 kills.
    It depends on wether you want to PvE or PvP...
    Cleric and zone-flow levelling guide for Guardians: kortlink.dk/cleric/8ptq
    Very sweet post about how Clerics work, you should definetly check it out (all credits to Vi3l): kortlink.dk/8q59!

Soulwalker

PvP mostly. Although it's still pretty good PvE.

PvP mostly. Although it's still pretty good PvE.
    If you want to play PvP optimally, you might want to look at replacing one of your souls for the exclusive PvP soul available at lvl 50 I believe...
    Cleric and zone-flow levelling guide for Guardians: kortlink.dk/cleric/8ptq
    Very sweet post about how Clerics work, you should definetly check it out (all credits to Vi3l): kortlink.dk/8q59!

Soulwalker

So what's the deal with these PvP souls? You get them at lvl 50? And what do they do?

So what's the deal with these PvP souls? You get them at lvl 50? And what do they do?
    they help buff dmg to players and make you more tougher against players also and some get out of snares

Soulwalker

Oh I see. Does the PvP soul take place of one of your other souls?

Oh I see. Does the PvP soul take place of one of your other souls?
    Yes you can only have 3 active souls in a role. Even though there is a pvp soul, it still counts as an actual soul you put soul points into.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

sadly yes
    cleric: my cleric build:warden/inquis/sent, My lvl 35 build for end of beta 6: ward/inquis/sent
    Great cleric guide By EmilB , Great cleric info By vi3L
    Mage: My mage build
    Great tank thread buy kikaku

They are changing things still and I hope Cleric gets balanced because right now cleric Caster DPS is very low compared to other ranged dps options. They do make pretty good main healers though.

For your build I personally would reduce points in Cabalist but keep Curse of Solitude. Put the points into Inquisitor for Mental Resilience and a few other good talents. Possibly warden for Tidal Surge for an additional Knockback and 15% better self heals.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilB View Post
    If you want to play PvP optimally, you might want to look at replacing one of your souls for the exclusive PvP soul available at lvl 50 I believe...
    You could buy the PvP soul as soon as you get 2500 points. Just go to the PvP vendors, look for the guy with Corporal in the title. To put a lot of points in you'll have to PvP to gain rank though.
    Last edited by bvkroll; 02-01-2011 at 02:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast