+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 2handed Justicar tank.

Default The 2handed Justicar tank.

So seeing block for clerics is useless and I've been thinking about make a 2handed tank build, I came up with this.

I know some of these skills might change, but as it is now, I see this build tank very well. This build actually do good in pve and maybe pvp, as you turn into a tank with click of one button anyway

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nra.VzVh.Ah0oVu.x
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Ughh, for some reason my computer wont let me access Zam even on different bowsers, its a shame I really wanted to see it. Could you post it using Rift-planner, the more knowledge the better eh?

Yeah give me a second.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Why do you have 5 points in Unyielding?(shaman), as a tank it is better to rely on steady damge than crits for threat.
    So i would recommend 5 points in Dauntless Courage instead.

Interesting, I had trouble tanking FC without a shield, I suppose its because I want properly specced, but the difference was rather substantial. Also whats with the one point in Overwhelming? I would rather put a point into Light Makes Right or Doctrine of Bliss to give the healer an easier job. Still I need to try this (making at least 5 builds I said I would today alone- stupid awesome soul system).

It's a WIP, I just put points so I could get some of the root abilities aswell, still need to clean it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
    Interesting, I had trouble tanking FC without a shield, I suppose its because I want properly specced, but the difference was rather substantial. Also whats with the one point in Overwhelming? I would rather put a point into Light Makes Right or Doctrine of Bliss to give the healer an easier job. Still I need to try this (making at least 5 builds I said I would today alone- stupid awesome soul system).
    So I could get Vengeance of the Ageless Ice, it's 14points to get it.

Also I didn't take doctrine of bliss as I allways end up using my convictions for Precept of Valiance.
    Last edited by Jazebel; 02-01-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    It's a WIP, I just put points so I could get some of the root abilities aswell, still need to clean it up a bit.
    I see, I keep forgetting how mana dependent Justicar's are. BTW next beta is up to level 35 so lets see what can be done with the extra points in the build. I'll post mine in a second.

I came up with this:http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...16,4_&lang=eng not entirely crazy about the fairy pet from druid but a little off-healing can go a long way. Also this allows me off heal and off-tank at the same time if the group doesn't need a tank. Do you know if Ageless Ice and Percept of Purpose stack?
    Last edited by Uiin; 02-01-2011 at 10:55 AM.

I'm not sure how effective it will be as Justicars seem to plow through their mana quite quickly.

I personally felt that 5/5 in commitment and using a shield were a necessity to be tanking, the mana generation is sooooo needed.
    We don't want a game, we want a second home. We play for escape.

Rift Disciple

With light makes right, crit does become more valuable than steady damage. might be worth it, if you use all of your convictions for valiance. I find alternating between valiance and purpose is doable and effective, with sufficient crit rate. If you like the shield from druid, but don't want the fairy, I suggest Purifier for the 3rd soul, gives you a similar shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashim View Post
    With light makes right, crit does become more valuable than steady damage. might be worth it, if you use all of your convictions for valiance. I find alternating between valiance and purpose is doable and effective, with sufficient crit rate. If you like the shield from druid, but don't want the fairy, I suggest Purifier for the 3rd soul, gives you a similar shield.
    I took druid for the 5% more endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungodly View Post
    I'm not sure how effective it will be as Justicars seem to plow through their mana quite quickly.

I personally felt that 5/5 in commitment and using a shield were a necessity to be tanking, the mana generation is sooooo needed.
    That's why I took Vengeance of the Ageless ice to get mana back and I'm High Elf aswell, so I already have a very nice mana regen buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    That's why I took Vengeance of the Ageless ice to get mana back and I'm High Elf aswell, so I already have a very nice mana regen buff.
    Ah good point, sorry I missed that!

I know it is still up in the air and purely speculation but according to certain sources the high elf mana regen will be going away....which makes me sad inside. I was a HE Druid. :| I still will be on release anyway....but I love that button.
    We don't want a game, we want a second home. We play for escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungodly View Post
    Ah good point, sorry I missed that!

I know it is still up in the air and purely speculation but according to certain sources the high elf mana regen will be going away....which makes me sad inside. I was a HE Druid. :| I still will be on release anyway....but I love that button.
    Really, bummer, if it's true. But then again I'll still have the Vengeance of shaman and the precept.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast