+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric nerf? where is the "official" thread?

Shadowlander

Default Cleric nerf? where is the "official" thread?

I have read quite a few post about about "now that cleric is going to be nerfed" and "every wont be making a cleric due to the nerf" Any post that talks about what is going to be nerfed on the cleric? I have played in the last two betas and I know numbers really don't mean any thing, but warfront "healing" numbers are almost double on my bard as opposed to the three diff cleric builds I have tried in there, also in IT went through several times as bard and as cleric with pretty much same group, and we did much better with the bard, two possibilities, I suck at cleric or bard is better overall healer? I am guessing the nerf has more to do with how hard clerics are to kill in pvp? If this is the case hopefully they will be taking down self survival and adding more instant heals if that is not an oxymoron. The point of the post is to find a link where I could find a more official post of what is going to be nerfed, and if in beta 6 we will be able to test this
    Last edited by dragonhighlord2; 02-01-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonhighlord2 View Post
    I have read quite a few post about about "now that cleric is going to be nerfed" and "every wont be making a cleric due to the nerf" Any post that talks about what is going to be nerfed on the cleric? I have played in the last two betas and I know numbers really don't mean any thing, but warfront "healing" numbers are almost double on my bard as opposed to the three diff cleric builds I have tried in there, also in IT went through several times as bard and as cleric with pretty much same group, and we did much better with the bard, two possibilities, I suck at cleric or bard is better overall healer? I am guessing the nerf has more to do with how hard clerics are to kill in pvp? If this is the case hopefully they will be taking down self survival and adding more instant heals if that is not an oxymoron. The point of the post is to find a link where I could find a more official post of what is going to be nerfed, and if in beta 6 we will be able to test this
    there is no official post because its all about leaked alpha patch notes.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by dragonhighlord2 View Post
    I have read quite a few post about about "now that cleric is going to be nerfed" and "every wont be making a cleric due to the nerf" Any post that talks about what is going to be nerfed on the cleric? I have played in the last two betas and I know numbers really don't mean any thing, but warfront "healing" numbers are almost double on my bard as opposed to the three diff cleric builds I have tried in there, also in IT went through several times as bard and as cleric with pretty much same group, and we did much better with bard, two possibilities, I suck at cleric or bard is better overall healer? I am guessing the nerf has more to do with how hard clerics are to kill in pvp? If this is case hopefully they will taking down self survival and adding more instant heals if that is not an oxy moron. Any way point of the post is to find link where I could find a more official post of what is going to be nerfed, and if in beta 6 we will be able to test this
    At the moment nothing official has been announced, they are going of leaked patch notes. And frankly these changes don't bother me, and don't affect my builds.

These changes will make certain souls alot stronger, and will prevent hybrid build being better then pure souls, which sounds ok to me really.

Also the biggest change in there is for level 36 anyway, nobody in beta has tested the souls past level 30, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

If anything this is a good thing, less horrible players playing a cleric, cause if they can't make their souls work after or before hearing a "nerf" (which it's not really) then they aren't really good players anyway.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jazebel View Post
    At the moment nothing official has been announced, they are going of leaked patch notes. And frankly these changes don't bother me, and don't affect my builds.

These changes will make certain souls alot stronger, and will prevent hybrid build being better then pure souls, which sounds ok to me really.

Also the biggest change in there is for level 36 anyway, nobody in beta has tested the souls past level 30, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

If anything this is a good thing, less horrible players playing a cleric, cause if they can't make their souls work after or before hearing a "nerf" (which it's not really) then they aren't really good players anyway.

Welcome to the world of beta testing where things are being ballanced based on the feedback of betatesters...

According to the leaked notes...real or fake who knows...Elementalists are also taking a huge nerf. Auto combat in general is getting increased for melee. Uhm all weapons are getting a slight increase.

A lot of spells are being increased and decresed. I for see the mages making the biggest fuss though, their dps is supposidly taking a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbachus View Post
    Welcome to the world of beta testing where things are being ballanced based on the feedback of betatesters...
    And why do you reply like this on my post....
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Rift Disciple

Nerfs, buffs, none of that matters to a real gamer looking for a challenge. You pick what you want to play and you make it work. I want to be a cleric, so I'm going to be a cleric. I was a Kelari cleric in the last beta, but I might roll an Eth for launch. Honestly, it depends more on which race has the better /chicken dance. Racials don't matter to me in the least.

As someone planning on playing a healing cleric, the changes are not really a bad thing. It did change my plans somewhat.

I might be worried if I was planning on a hybrid melee cleric. But, all things need testing. We are all just speculating.
    Currently playing RiftQueue.

Quote Originally Posted by Honze View Post
    As someone planning on playing a healing cleric, the changes are not really a bad thing. It did change my plans somewhat.

I might be worried if I was planning on a hybrid melee cleric. But, all things need testing. We are all just speculating.
    If anything they got a huge boost, for me it all depends how good the druid pet is at 31. If it really blows, I'm going most likely 46 shaman/20 druid, and that will still give me a 25% boost in dmg.

If anything they got a huge boost, for me it all depends how good the druid pet is at 31. If it really blows, I'm going most likely 46 shaman/20 druid, and that will still give me a 25% boost in dmg.
    I think it did boost your damage, but hurt your survivability. Usually these type of classes are all about surviving while beating down someone. Just makes me a little concerned that people who wanted a class like this would be better off on a tank.

In a sort of selfish way I liked the fact that people were whining about clerics. It might make the 5 million rogues there will be hiding all over the damn place think twice of attacking me, even though I will not be melee specced. They wouldn't know. Hehe.

I think it did boost your damage, but hurt your survivability. Usually these type of classes are all about surviving while beating down someone. Just makes me a little concerned that people who wanted a class like this would be better off on a tank.

In a sort of selfish way I liked the fact that people were whining about clerics. It might make the 5 million rogues there will be hiding all over the damn place think twice of attacking me, even though I will not be melee specced. They wouldn't know. Hehe.
    Why would it hurt my survivability? The druid heal hasn't been changed, the shaman heal hasn't been changed, the sentinel hasn't been changed, and I didn't even have all the points in thick skinned, I never had points in Unstoppable force, and lastly I never relied on my pet to keep me up ;).

And I did very well in open world pvp when people tried to jump me.

My healing abilities stayed the same, ok granted I lost 5% more healing recieved, that's it, and my dmg will get a 25% in dmg. If anything I'll survive since I can now kill my target quicker.

I really don't know the melee hybrid specs. But, are you not going much deeper in the melee soul with the changes and much less in the heal souls?

I really don't know the melee hybrid specs. But, are you not going much deeper in the melee soul with the changes and much less in the heal souls?
    I had one healing soul the sentinel with no points into it. I only used Healing Breath, the shaman has a heal on crit, the druid has a heal, and I have two wards.

I never planned on going deep into a healing soul for my melee builds, as I didn't want to rely too much on the healing soul to keep me alive, and seems like my gamble paid off.

I had one healing soul the sentinel with no points into it. I only used Healing Breath, the shaman has a heal on crit, the druid has a heal, and I have two wards.

I never planned on going deep into a healing soul for my melee builds, as I didn't want to rely too much on the healing soul to keep me alive, and seems like my gamble paid off.
    Yep, seems you are golden. I think many had significantly more of a split spec.

I will have to keep an eye on your build I might use something like that to level if I don't have friends online.

Plane Touched

I didn't read the leaked notes as a nerf at all. More like a buff to pure builds (by virtue of the new 36 roots), which TBH was needed. Before the inducement to go a lot above 31 in a soul was pretty minimal.

I am looking for nerfs and have trouble finding them. The only one that struck me was that, whereas you used to be able to get 5% reduction in damage taken and +15% healing received from the Shaman tree, now you can only get -3%/+10%. But OTOH that gives you more points to spend elsewhere, and both abilities got moved down a tier.

There were tons of that I would consider buffs...like every ability that jacks up crit damage went from 2-10 to 4-20. Some that used to only buff crit damage of spells now buff all crits AND healing. Etc. Etc.

And then there is always the fact that they are leaked notes from a closed alpha. Trion is a lot less careful and more experimental about the changes they make there.

+ Reply to Thread