+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which Inquisitor subsouls work best for soloing?

Shadowlander

That's not exactly a uber achievement though. I do the same with the Inquisitor. ..and also get splattered by the matriarchs

I actually use 61 inq/11 shaman/4 sent to solo - I like having HB and the Endurance buff from sent. Shaman provides you with another health buff and Glacial shield which you can throw at the bottom of your spam macro and forget about it.

I always found 0 point justicar heals to be very underwhelming. I have a 61 Druid build but meh - Nuking with Inq is just so much fun and if you can't solo elites with 61 inq then you're doing it wrong. I only use 61 Druid on last boss of GP as I'm JUUUUUST on the cusp of getting him to the last phase before I get crystaled.

I might end up just solo'ing in my raid inq build tbh - I find I hate wasting GCD's on a small heal. Often times I'm better off continuing to nuke and if Harsh Discipline/Vex/Scourge/Judicial can't keep me up, then I effed up and pulled something I shouldn't have lol

So I guess pre-sheilding from Puri is the only way around that, but I find I typically forget to use it pre-fight so meh. My 2 cents.

Plane Touched

Just throwing this out there... Although it has lower dps, Defiler has been able to solo some pretty beastly things that Druid couldnt handle.

Prophet of Telara

Having more than one inq role for pve is a complete waste of a role spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Having more than one inq role for pve is a complete waste of a role spot.
    Your opinion.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Just throwing this out there... Although it has lower dps, Defiler has been able to solo some pretty beastly things that Druid couldnt handle.
    Defiler is great for aoe but it has a ramp up speed and doesn't kill one on one very fast.

Druid kills very fast one on one but a 1.5 sec GCD.

Inq seems a good mix of 1 sec GCD for pulling, decent aoe, and good one on one.

When I leveled I found druid to be slightly faster. Now with some gear I find Inq to be faster.

Inq is also terrific for NMR powerups with 1 sec gcd and 8 defile.
    Last edited by dbe; 05-16-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    Defiler is great for aoe but it has a ramp up speed and doesn't kill one on one very fast.

Druid kills very fast one on one but a 1.5 sec GCD.

Inq seems a good mix of 1 sec GCD for pulling, decent aoe, and good one on one.

When I leveled I found druid to be slightly faster. Now with some gear I find Inq to be faster.

Inq is also terrific for NMR powerups with 1 sec gcd and 8 defile.
    I agree that Druid is better in general, but my point was that Defiler has better survivability, although admittedly lower single target dps. While leveling, I had problems with elites in Druid because the tank pet kept dying (and eventually killing you too because the mob is beating on you while you are resummoning the pet). Defiler on the other hand is practically unkillable if you know what you're doing and as long as time isn't an issue.
    Last edited by NoUseForAName; 05-17-2015 at 08:18 PM.

My current favorite for solo pve is 61 shaman 10 dru 5inq and using the Savent's Crystal to make Glory of the Chosen crit for 5.5k heals often (adding an additional 1500 healing on top of every weapon attack). Great for soloing nmrs.
    Genrii@Deepwood
    I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. Yani Tseng
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Genri View Post
    My current favorite for solo pve is 61 shaman 10 dru 5inq and using the Savent's Crystal to make Glory of the Chosen crit for 5.5k heals often (adding an additional 1500 healing on top of every weapon attack). Great for soloing nmrs.
    pretty much this. shorter ramp up and better self heals than inq, no reason to really play anything else in open world once you have half decent gear and the savant crystal/crystal bonus.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Telaran

I tend to use 61sham/4druid/11inq for solo. Its pretty neat if you have to aoe bit.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Genri View Post

This is what I use now, the self heals with the healer crystal are great. Ive seen as high as 4-5k hps with 60k+ dps soloing elites (granted Im at 1100 hit too).

My old go to was 61 inquis/15defiler/0 justicar. I leveled 1-65 with it and pretty much used it all of SL and never had any issues staying alive. With a Purge, cleanse, loathsome restoration, contempt and op Judical privledge, you had to be doing something pretty stupid to die. Get into trouble pop JP and spam loathsome restoration while running away till you lost agro
    Last edited by jabnlab; 06-15-2015 at 05:06 AM.
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

Soulwalker

Default inq vs shammy

Using http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ggestions.html as a shammy spec.

(the build http://imgur.com/kxSmTa0)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, this seems fragile as crap?

Just coming back after years, so I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

I also have a rogue (granpaw build) and it's CRAZY better kill time and survivable vs at-level mobs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    Using http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ggestions.html as a shammy spec.

(the build http://imgur.com/kxSmTa0)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, this seems fragile as crap?

Just coming back after years, so I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

I also have a rogue (granpaw build) and it's CRAZY better kill time and survivable vs at-level mobs.
    That's from a bit before the re-work of some legendary abilities. The Inq legendary got a huge nerf, making it not worth taking. For a similar build to that, you could swap Inq for Oracle for Insignia of Blood legendary. While it doesn't do as much damage, it is still pretty good.

I'm going to try and get an up to date leveling guide as well as a Vostigar Peaks survival guide written up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3