+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Everyone making a cleric at release?

Rift Disciple

Default Everyone making a cleric at release?

Thast what i have been reading in several posts....

The Classboards indicate differently tough, the CLeric boards are currently the boards with the fewests posts in it...

There are less clerics then people are claiming to be.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Quote Originally Posted by lordbachus View Post

The Classboards indicate differently tough, the CLeric boards are currently the boards with the fewests posts in it...
    There will be lots of clerics, just not a ton of people who plan on playing them as healers all that much. Also, now that the rumors are flying about a nerf it will cut down on the overall numbers.

This being another game with rogues who have permanent invisibility, playing things other than rogue and tank will likely be kind of frustrating if you plan on playing on a pvp server. Unless you always have groups.
    Last edited by Honze; 02-01-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    Currently playing RiftQueue.

Rift Disciple

There will always be people who play on "OP" classes because they stink at normal classes, which gave clerics a surge of players I think? but now with talk of a nerf its gone down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
    There will always be people who play on "OP" classes because they stink at normal classes, which gave clerics a surge of players I think? but now with talk of a nerf its gone down again.
    People who can't find a way to make Clerics work after the so called "nerf" aren't good player anyway, and will have made poor clerics.

The only thing that is nerfed is that people now won't be the so called "ultimate survival class". In my Inquisitor/warden build I was going deep into inquisitor anyway, so I'll have the more dmg, on my healing build I was going Warden deep, so I'll have the increase in hots, on my Shaman/druid build I was going deep into shaman, so I'll have the more physical dmg anyway, and on my druid build I was planning on getting the pet and all the passives for that so my pet will be much better.

Other then that all my pvp builds still stay the same as to where I got my survivability from, and as far as I can see, two of my pvp builds just a huge boost.

Most of my secondary souls I only needed 20 points for, and my 3rd soul allways is the same at 0 points and they haven't changed that skill yet. So I'll allways 46 points left to put into first soul.

Broken down that means:

Warden: I'll have 42% better hots.
    Inquisitor: 25% more spelldamage.
    Shaman: 35% physical dmg.

If anything this has made all my three builds I had in my mind alot better, as all my previous build were 46/20/0

The only build hurting me was my 33/33 Shaman/Druid, I'll still try it out, if the 31 pet from druid can offset the loss of 35% physical dmg, I'll keep my 33/33 hybrid build.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Champion of Telara

Why does it matter?

When I played Aion, everyone was a Cleric... for about the first 10 levels. Those who simply role a class thinking it will be the strongest usually end up rerolling less than 1/2 way through.

Soulwalker

Howdy folks

I am still debating between Cleric and Warrior for tanking. I have not tanked an instance yet, but I should be good to go in Beta 6. I just got in the beta with this last one (Beta 5) and did not focus on one character. I am an altoholic in most games, but I am trying to limit myself to two different toons...well, 3 at max lol I am leaning towards the Cleric being my main due to the fact of multiple roles. Cleric can do it all. Be a tank, healer, melee, or range dps if I understand things about roles etc. Hurry up Friday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macto View Post
    Howdy folks

I am still debating between Cleric and Warrior for tanking. I have not tanked an instance yet, but I should be good to go in Beta 6. I just got in the beta with this last one (Beta 5) and did not focus on one character. I am an altoholic in most games, but I am trying to limit myself to two different toons...well, 3 at max lol I am leaning towards the Cleric being my main due to the fact of multiple roles. Cleric can do it all. Be a tank, healer, melee, or range dps if I understand things about roles etc. Hurry up Friday!!!
    As it is now, warriors and rogues have the better tank souls. Not sure if this is going to change in beta6, but however, a Justicar might work, but not with a shield, but with a 2hander, so who knows.

But if anything this is a beta, try out different souls, you can get most toons to 20 in 8 hours, if by then you don't feel the soul, you won't like it later then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Healix View Post
    When I played Aion, everyone was a Cleric... for about the first 10 levels. Those who simply role a class thinking it will be the strongest usually end up rerolling less than 1/2 way through.
    I can never reroll like that in mid game, that's why I allways try to close beta or open beta a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Why does it matter?
    Well, it will matter for the players without good guilds and social networks. There are never enough active healers in MMOs. Most groups really need two healers, but when the percentage of "healers" in a game is fairly low that becomes a pretty hard thing to accomplish. In a PvP game, this really becomes frustrating for casual and pick up group players.

I am biased for sure, but I have always thought that Devs should make the healing classes a bit overpowered to make them less frustrating for the average player to help encourage more support.

Also, any game with complete "invisibility" for rogues is going to substantially reduce the number of support players you have. Just wait till all the crying from getting lock-down destroyed by rogues starts up. That will take a nice chunk out of players willing to be sacrificial lambs.

I'll be making 2 toons...

1 rogue
    - MM/Rngr/Assassin (ranged DPS)
    - RS/Assassin/BD (melee DPS / possible off-tank)

1 Cleric
    - Justicar/Shaman/Druid (tank Spec)
    - Warden/Sentinel/Purifier (heal spec)

Ill be rolling a Shaman/Druid. Im over theorycrafting and im just going to stick with it atm.
    Ill roll a mage after that im sure
    Bro!!!!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Honze View Post
    Well, it will matter for the players without good guilds and social networks. There are never enough active healers in MMOs. Most groups really need two healers, but when the percentage of "healers" in a game is fairly low that becomes a pretty hard thing to accomplish. In a PvP game, this really becomes frustrating for casual and pick up group players.

I am biased for sure, but I have always thought that Devs should make the healing classes a bit overpowered to make them less frustrating for the average player to help encourage more support.

Also, any game with complete "invisibility" for rogues is going to substantially reduce the number of support players you have. Just wait till all the crying from getting lock-down destroyed by rogues starts up. That will take a nice chunk out of players willing to be sacrificial lambs.
    Right well I though about some of that before I asked the question. If your answesr to my question is so that you can determine what class you are going to play .I say just play whatever you want and dont worry about what everyone else is rolling. Thats just me though. In any game like this you will be able to get more groups as a healer or a tank, because there are always less. In this game what class you roll and what role in a group you intend to fill in a group arent always the same thing. So that shouldnt really be as much of factor as it normally is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Right well I though about some of that before I asked the question. If your answesr to my question is so that you can determine what class you are going to play .I say just play whatever you want and dont worry about what everyone else is rolling. Thats just me though. In any game like this you will be able to get more groups as a healer or a tank, because there are always less. In this game what class you roll and what role in a group you intend to fill in a group arent always the same thing. So that shouldnt really be as much of factor as it normally is.
    For me it will be a non-factor. I always play healers and normally have a good guild. I was just talking about what it might do to the game in general.

If a game frustrates the casual gamers it doesn't keep them. That is not good for any of us long term.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast