+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP tactics...

Rift Disciple

Default PvP tactics...

Normally Healers are target number one in PvP.... but i think in this game you might consider attacking void knights first, as they will drain the mana of your own healers otherwise? Or the dominators that will certainly crowd controll your healers otherwise.

How long do you think it takes people to realise this..
    Last edited by lordbachus; 02-01-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Champion of Telara

The first thing to do is get everyone to focus fire. After that it really all depends. I dont see attacking a tank first ever being a good Idea attacking a dominator might be a good idea. Having a good plan is more important than the specifics of the plan.

Might get the dominator first, but healers will always be right near the top. The dominator only has one long CC (that i see, am I wrong?), so after they blow that then the healer becomes much more dangerous.
    Currently playing RiftQueue.

Default Doms got some crazy $%!T...

Quote Originally Posted by Honze View Post
    Might get the dominator first, but healers will always be right near the top. The dominator only has one long CC (that i see, am I wrong?), so after they blow that then the healer becomes much more dangerous.
    The real threat from a Dom is they have some crazy mana draining abilities. Once they get high enough, its looking like they can shut down a mana class in fairly short order. Combined with some of their other CC, a Dom that knows what he is doing could be a real pain.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    The first thing to do is get everyone to focus fire. After that it really all depends. I dont see attacking a tank first ever being a good Idea attacking a dominator might be a good idea. Having a good plan is more important than the specifics of the plan.
    You my friend speak wisdom.
    Last edited by tbox; 02-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Telaran

Kill orders in pvp depends on the situation. Some times it's easier to cc the healer and get the dps first, sometimes it's the other way around. Hell, sometimes it's better to kill the tank who overextends - thus rolling up the opponents melee train.

Soulwalker

When tanks get far enough into their pvp soul to make taunts reduce dmg to the everyone but them by 60%, then things will become interesting.

EQ2 had a similar mechanic whereby taunts (both AOE and single target) forced the enemy to target them for some time. Fights became longer as each side tried to burst the opposing tank down before healers ran out of power, or skilfully bursting a clothie/healer when the tank's taunts were down.

I'm looking forward to tanks being useful in PVP again, even if I am playing a healer

+ Reply to Thread