+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doctrine of Bliss

Shadowlander

Default Doctrine of Bliss

This is currently not triggering Caregivers Blessing is this a bug?

Possibly.

But:
    -not many would ever play a spec that encounters it
    -It doesn't make a huge difference
    -I'd rather have sham changes, Inquis fixes, etc higher on a dev priority list.

Rift Chaser

no it is not a bug. DoB is tagged as a self heal and not a ST heal. only ST heals trigger caregiver and healing blessings. strangely though it does get boosted by the entire ST healing crystal (trying to guess what that thing will boost is difficult as even geyser gets boosted and thats a dmaging ability that procs an aoe heal...)

simular to Salvation, it is a self heal thus neither get any bonuses from and ST heal boosts from the healing trees, only thing that does boost it is the flat healing bonus offered by the soul gifts and generic +% healing points. (i beleive DoB does get the instant boost as well from Sentinel, would need to test it to confirm)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    no it is not a bug.
    It was bugged before then, since it used to proc caregivers. I tested that extensively to see if I would overwrite a puri's caregiver buff with my own as a tank. Side note: It did not overwrite the puri buff, and the puri buff would overwrite mine, likely because the puri's absorb was a higher value.

Edit: To clarify, I tested this maybe 2 weeks to 1 month ago, somewhere in that time frame, so this was a fairly recent (and from what I know undocumented) change.

2nd Edit: Healer's Blessing is currently triggered by Doctrine of Bliss. Tested on April 8 2015. Tooltip for healer's blessing says the same thing as caregivers, single target healing abilities.
    Last edited by Amshala; 04-08-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Amshala View Post
    It was bugged before then, since it used to proc caregivers. I tested that extensively to see if I would overwrite a puri's caregiver buff with my own as a tank. Side note: It did not overwrite the puri buff, and the puri buff would overwrite mine, likely because the puri's absorb was a higher value.
    i never noticed this in SL, although tbh i didnt run a build with any blessing in after i tested it when making a self healing SLE build. afaik it should never have triggered the blessings as it doesnt have the correct tag so quite possibly a bug, simular to the Salvation/crystal bug that got fixed, but strangely the DoB has been left...

+ Reply to Thread