Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Self Cast keybind

Default Self Cast keybind

Since this is a new part of the forums, I'll add this here.

As a healer (especially for PvP) I like to have a self cast keybind (Alt). Basically if I have a teammate targeted I can hit the Alt+Heal to heal myself and not drop my current friendly target.

I was looking for this option right before Beta 5 ended but couldn't find it. It's possible I didn't see it in time. Has anyone found this keybind, or does it not currently exist as an option?

Soulwalker

Default Hi

I notcied in Beta 5 that you automatically target yourself if you target and enemy, also, F1 as in most games is sefl target, im not 100% sure if you can change that though, but hey, its close to wehre your elft hand is anyways, so its not to hard to hit!

I believe the purpose is not to lose target, which can be crucial in some situations.

I cannot remember for sure, but I think there was an option for this in the same place where you could turn the target's target on, and for spells to automatically flow to the target's target (if you cast a heal). I think there was an option to define a keypress to do exactly what you asked.

Soulwalker

I don't remember all the macro options I saw, but maybe something like <self heal><go to previous target> combo?
    I did some self healing with macros in different MMOs and since the command came from a macro, I didnt lose target focus.
    I'd have to try it in Rift.

I'll do some more looking when Beta 6 starts. Thank you for the replies everyone!

As a side note: If it's not in there, I'm definitely going to send a report in asking for it to be added. It sure makes things a lot easier when you can target heal yourself but not lose your current teammate as your target.

JMT

A self cast modifier makes a HUGE difference for us healers in PVP and I would be very disappointed if it won't be implemented soon.

DEFINITELY need this.
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

check the Ultimate Macro Guide

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ft-Macro-Guide

I think what you're asking for is accomplished by using a combo of /target name with @lasttarget

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JMT View Post
    A self cast modifier makes a HUGE difference for us healers in PVP and I would be very disappointed if it won't be implemented soon.
    Necro forums are -> that way.

Soulwalker

I didn't see it in that topic, but cast @self is a valid macro command. If you made a bunch of macros with cast @self <ability> and bound them all to alt that would technically work.

Another option (though less desirable) is to use the focus cast button under settings -> interface -> misc and simply focus yourself. You lose the ability to focus other people, but it may prove useful if you don't utilize focus otherwise.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Avarix View Post
    check the Ultimate Macro Guide

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ft-Macro-Guide

I think what you're asking for is accomplished by using a combo of /target name with @lasttarget
    A macro defeats the purpose of a self-target modifier since you'd need to make one for all of your heals. In WoW right-clicking an ability (which is a habit I reallllllly need to shake) or just holding shift automatically cast any spell I wanted on me, which is much more handy.

It's quite possible to do and yes you'll need to make macros for it. Honestly it takes 10 mins tops to make all the macros you need and they can be a lot better than a generic self cast. Example;

#show Heal
    cast [ctrl] @Self Heal
    cast [alt] @Focus Heal
    cast Heal

You can also weave Mouseover targeting into that.
    Last edited by Oblixt; 03-10-2011 at 04:22 PM.

There's a toggle in the interface options for this.
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zwimox View Post
    There's a toggle in the interface options for this.
    That option won't allow you to cast on yourself while maintaining a friendly target, such as your tank.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast