+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 164
Like Tree45Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Shaman Tuning

  1. #31
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1

    Default

    While we on it, can you fix damage of Vengeance of Winter Storm applied by Punishing Strike not getting damage increase from Frozen Wrath debuff?

    I can see why it's happening, still think it's bug.

  2. #32
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Inquisitor is considered by alot of people as OP.

    As such, there are 0 things that need 'fixing' in it. In fact, it's pretty much been a stable dps role FOREVER.

    That being said: Lets talk sham. Sham has alot more QoL concerns and dps concerns than any other cleric spec atm.
    Inq is raid ready viable only in NTE. It was never competitive in SL, only Shaman. Also, there is a ton of QoL changes they can make. Compared to MM Inq setup is broken and way too long. It only takes MM a switch over to sabo and dropping 5 combo point and click of a button for it to be set up to deliver tremendous on demand burst during raid cd.It takes inq a full 1 min to set up for it to deliver the best burst for raid cds.

  3. #33
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Inquisitor BoD still isn't fixed. Wouldn't it be better to fix one soul before you move on to the next?
    It still hard casts on instant cast.
    Instead of posting in every thread about it, Cleric & Mage, use the one you created for it if it's still an issue for you or the bug thread.


    Here's some more suggestions:
    Root:
    48 points: Rush of Strength
    No Global Cooldown - Resets the cooldown on Massive Blow. Applies Frostbite to the Cleric. Cooldown 30s.

    This would go well with the Brutalize suggestion, and if it's too much for PvP then as previously stated a change during PvP instances might be required.

    54 points: Glacial Strike
    Deals x to x Water damage. Ignores 25% of the enemy's Resistance. Only usable on enemies under 40% health. Cooldown 10s

    Or instead of reducing the requirement of health in the ability change the Swift Judgment Mastery to complete remove the health requirement from Glacial Strike, so you are always able to use it.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-12-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  4. #34
    Telaran Drhouse593's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Hi all,

    Shaman DPS is currently too low in the raid environment, and we'll be testing some improvements to it in the near future. Both Cold Blooded and Courage of the Panther will see increases in their damage contributions, while Deep Freeze will be gaining extra functionality to ensure it is usable against bosses with disjointed hitboxes.

    Long term, I want to look at bringing back the interaction between Punishing Strike and Eruption of Life. However, the above listed changes are more practical tuning adjustments I can make in the short-term. As always, feedback is welcome on these changes and any other aspect of the soul when this makes its way up to PTS.

    Thanks!
    Personally I would be a lot happier if eruption of life was not part of the rotation. In my tests the 8 inq/7 druid build with faith's freedom mastery is parsing slightly higher than 10 druid/5 inq. It's just one less debuff to have to monitor.

    I would also love to see deep freeze reset the cooldown on rush of strength. As it now, you need to cast RoS right at the 30 second mark in order to maintain max uptime. If you have any disconnects where you cast RoS later, you are forced to delay your cooldown block to wait for RoS to come back up. By having deep freeze reset the cd on RoS, you can still get the extra massive blow in without having to worry about the disconnects. It would be a huge QoL improvement since a lot of fights in NMT are not melee friendly.
    "Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is almost always somebody screwed up."

  5. #35
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drhouse593 View Post
    Personally I would be a lot happier if eruption of life was not part of the rotation. In my tests the 8 inq/7 druid build with faith's freedom mastery is parsing slightly higher than 10 druid/5 inq. It's just one less debuff to have to monitor.

    I would also love to see deep freeze reset the cooldown on rush of strength. As it now, you need to cast RoS right at the 30 second mark in order to maintain max uptime. If you have any disconnects where you cast RoS later, you are forced to delay your cooldown block to wait for RoS to come back up. By having deep freeze reset the cd on RoS, you can still get the extra massive blow in without having to worry about the disconnects. It would be a huge QoL improvement since a lot of fights in NMT are not melee friendly.
    going into the faith's freedom mastery means that we lose 10% run speed (maybe not important to you, but it is to me) and have to opt in to an inquisitor-focused mastery instead of one that is focused on shaman. sanction does not proc frostbite and dumbs down the rotation because it does so much damage in one gcd that it becomes prioritized over everything besides massive blow.

    next to this our "best" spec comes up short in pvp both due to the loss of run speed and having so much damage based on two dots that are cleansable and cannot be applied more than once every 15 seconds. all of these things considered, i feel that being forced into faith's freedom mastery at this point is a detriment to the way the soul is played overall.

    i like the idea of deep freeze refreshing rush of strength but i'm still not entirely sold on frostbite not being consumed during deep freeze and the suggested pvp-specific changes mentioned. i like the way the soul plays and i'd hate to see any sort of pvp specific nerfs hold it back in the way marksman and inquisitor specific nerfs did for so long.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-12-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  6. #36
    Rift Chaser Dahbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    going into the faith's freedom mastery means that we lose 10% run speed (maybe not important to you, but it is to me) and have to opt in to an inquisitor-focused mastery instead of one that is focused on shaman. sanction does not proc frostbite and dumbs down the rotation because it does so much damage in one gcd that it becomes prioritized over everything besides massive blow.

    next to this our "best" spec comes up short in pvp both due to the loss of run speed and having so much damage based on two dots that are cleansable and cannot be applied more than once every 15 seconds. all of these things considered, i feel that being forced into faith's freedom mastery at this point is a detriment to the way the soul is played overall.

    i like the idea of deep freeze refreshing rush of strength but i'm still not entirely sold on frostbite not being consumed during deep freeze and the suggested pvp-specific changes mentioned. i like the way the soul plays and i'd hate to see any sort of pvp specific nerfs hold it back in the way marksman and inquisitor specific nerfs did for so long.
    I dont think you will have to worry about any pvp changes, because he was specifically talking about raid damage. If whatever does change just happens effects pvp too, then you should feel lucky.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 03-12-2015 at 09:58 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

  7. #37
    Champion Eilauria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    557

    Default

    To get shamans away from Faith's Freedom and SH/Vex. EoL is going to need a buff or mechanic change. Also Mercurial or Carry a Big Stick would need changes to make them more appealing to Shamans.

  8. #38
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Instead of posting in every thread about it, Cleric & Mage, use the one you created for it if it's still an issue for you or the bug thread.


    Here's some more suggestions:
    Root:
    48 points: Rush of Strength
    No Global Cooldown - Resets the cooldown on Massive Blow. Applies Frostbite to the Cleric. Cooldown 30s.

    This would go well with the Brutalize suggestion, and if it's too much for PvP then as previously stated a change during PvP instances might be required.

    54 points: Glacial Strike
    Deals x to x Water damage. Ignores 25% of the enemy's Resistance. Only usable on enemies under 40% health. Cooldown 10s

    Or instead of reducing the requirement of health in the ability change the Swift Judgment Mastery to complete remove the health requirement from Glacial Strike, so you are always able to use it.
    Well I did reply to my thread about Red Hawk not fixing the problem that was supposed to be fixed and I just looked for his reply but he has taken it off (why would someone do that?). He did not fix it full stop. Why start on another cleric soul when the little time he has spent on clerics (went straight to mages) wasn't fixed. So I posted on mage site mate because all we got from his reply on my thread was that I tested it and it was all working give me more info..... and we did with no reply.

    Fix the did damn BoD ffs. It's been stuffed for years. Before you move on to another half fix with clerics and then run back to mages.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  9. #39
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    To get shamans away from Faith's Freedom and SH/Vex. EoL is going to need a buff or mechanic change. Also Mercurial or Carry a Big Stick would need changes to make them more appealing to Shamans.
    A buff to Eruption of Life is only going to come from going deeper into Druid.

    Carry a Big Stick could be changed to: Increases you damage down with weapon attacks by 5/10/15%.

    This could make going 8 points into Druid more appealing than 8 Inquisitor so you don't pick the Faith's Freedom Mastery.

    I was hopping that changing Swift Judgment to remove the health requirement from Glacial Strike would be more powerful than using Faith's Freedom for SH/Vex.
    The current function of Swift Judgment to reduce Glacial Strike's cooldown by 2s isn't worth much when you can't even use Glacial Strike until your target is below 30% health
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  10. #40
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Shaman changes are now on PTS:

    Cold Blooded
    Increases your damage done by 4/8%.

    Deep Freeze
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Stuns your target and up to 4 other enemies within 10m of them for 3s. Increases damage taken from the Cleric on all affected foes by 50%. Cooldown 1 minute.

    Courage of the Panther
    Increases damage done by 14%. Allows abilities to ignore 5% of their targets' Armor and Resistance. Reduces mana costs by 5%. Lasts 1h.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 03-27-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: 3/27/15 - Courage of the Panther
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

  11. #41
    Soulwalker Ramsthorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Shaman need buff % Crit pow, similar to paragon or MM, for example Furious assault also increse Crit power 5%. Shaman suck in NT expansión because valué CP cap decrese 50% to 40%....

  12. #42
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    i'm only seeing an increase of around 2-3% with the current changes on PTS, which honestly is within the margin of error/rng when it comes to parsing.

    edit; actually there is some very weird stuff going on in the dummy foundry on pts at the moment, the buffs last for about one second and then drop, so i can't seem to parse properly right now. hopefully this is fixed soon.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-13-2015 at 07:21 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  13. #43
    Telaran Alchameth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Really ? 2% on panther.

  14. #44
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Shaman changes are now on PTS:

    Cold Blooded
    Increases your damage done by 4/8%.

    Deep Freeze
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Stuns your targets and all enemies within 7m of you for 3s. Increases damage taken from the Cleric on all affected foes by 50%. Cooldown 1 minute.

    Courage of the Panther
    Increases damage done by 12%. Allows abilities to ignore 5% of their targets' Armor and Resistance. Reduces mana costs by 5%. Lasts 1h.
    If these are the only changes it won't be enough, will test after work today though

  15. #45
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchameth View Post
    Really ? 2% on panther.
    tooltip difference between live and pts suggests a 2.89% increase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    If these are the only changes it won't be enough, will test after work today though
    pretty much this. i'm not entirely positive how the %increases from courage of the panther and cold blooded are calculated, but for example diversify always shows up as a flat 5%.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-13-2015 at 07:38 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts