+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is melee healer viable?

Default Is melee healer viable?

Is there a way to build a viable melee healer? as a justicar sure you can keep yourself up and running, but i don't now how viable that is to build a pure melee healer for group play (pve/pvp). Souls I have been running with are Justicar for melee heals and shammy for enough dps to make the melee heals large enough. But the third soul eludes me. pet helas from druid are ok for solo lvling, but useless for group play.
    The thing is that if you are a melee healer you don't have time to swap between 1000 raidmebers to heal them individualy and still keep enough dps on your offencive target to proc the melee heals. So is there a aura healer or something along those lines to couple up with my Justi-Shammy? and if so would that be viable as a melee healer?

Depends on what you mean by "melee healer". If you're looking for something you can main heal with by dealing melee damage then no. I don't think the justicar is really viable as a main healer. If you're looking to melee and do support healing then yes, I think it is possible to build a decent support healer melee cleric. This is something I plan on testing out next beta.

Here's a thread that has some discussion on this and most of my feelings about it are contained within: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...d=1#post674341

I posted it in that thread but I'll put it here as well. I think a build like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...R0ot0z.EV00cMc could do decent support heals while doing decent melee dps.
    Last edited by insainbassist; 02-01-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maragar View Post
    Is there a way to build a viable melee healer? as a justicar sure you can keep yourself up and running, but i don't now how viable that is to build a pure melee healer for group play (pve/pvp). Souls I have been running with are Justicar for melee heals and shammy for enough dps to make the melee heals large enough. But the third soul eludes me. pet helas from druid are ok for solo lvling, but useless for group play.
    The thing is that if you are a melee healer you don't have time to swap between 1000 raidmebers to heal them individualy and still keep enough dps on your offencive target to proc the melee heals. So is there a aura healer or something along those lines to couple up with my Justi-Shammy? and if so would that be viable as a melee healer?
    You really won't work out this way. The shammy attacks (the biggest u'll have with this build) only get half the heal value so u are better off sticking with Justicar attacks. Justicars get a spell power for attack power buff so that kinda makes thed shaman irrelevant there for healing with melee too. Its a doable tank, even melee dps build but not to make a main healer.

The justicar is a tank soul. The heals he has are to give him more surviveability and to give the main healer a hand, that's it really. Riftstalkers get barriers, guards, armor buffs and bonus to incoming heals for the same reason.

If you want to main heal u really need to take heal souls. Trust me I tried making a Justicar as goo a healer as say a warden and it simply wasn't happening. The Warrior Priest stayed in Warhammer.

+ Reply to Thread