+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric healing spells in numbers

Telaran

Default Cleric healing spells in numbers

So for the ppl that didn't participate in the beta, I thought I would post numbers I wrote down for myself..

The test were done as a lvl 20 cleric with 192 sp.
    Talents were 20 in the tested soul with 0 in other souls.
    In brackets is the cast time, first value is healed, second mana spent.
    I'm sorry I don't have the numbers for the purifier shield with spellpower..

Purifier
    - ward of ancestors (0) 375-25 tooltip numbers 30sec cd
    - restorative flame (3) 550-52
    - healing flame (1.5) 160-22
    - healing flare (0) 140-44

Sentinel
    - healing breath (0) 336-27, 8 sec cd
    - healing grace (2) 252-25
    - healing invocation (3) 572-40
    - healing communion (2) 238-157 AOE

Warden
    - healing spray (0) 378-22, 12 sec hot
    - healing current (2) 265-28 + 264 14 sec hot
    - deluge (2) 224-33 + 49 per hot active, 9 sec cd
    - soothing stream (0) 160-26, stacks 4 times
    - healing flood (0) 350-104 AOE

Justicar*
    - doctrine of bliss 192-26
    - doctrine of loyality 165-145 AOE
    * forgot to respec him to full, so no RM numbers

Sentinel has a bit more efficient heals compared to the purifier, but purifier has the shield which is the most effective spell of all..

Warden heals are the most mana efficient but lack "oh crap" power.. Healing current is actually extremely efficient, since it heals more than healing grace for 10% more mana and that's not counting the hot. It actually heals about the same as a 3sec heal from other souls, but 50% of that over time.. Deluge can also reach the power of 3sec heals on fully stacked targets (tanks) for 40% less mana.

On a side note I noticed warden heals scaled baddly with gear..
    Naked healing spray was ticking for 45 and with full gear 54 which seems low.

This is not a post saying this soul is better that that one, its simply an insight what u can expect from picking different healing souls..
    Hope it helps someone.

The stuff about the warden makes sense. When I specced out a raid healer build I only had the warden soul for the +mana and the +healing. I also noticed that the raid healer role seemed to benefit more from splitting the talents among souls than the other roles did. However, it could simply be that I'm more familiar with the healer role and can see the synergy between talents better than I could for the other roles.

I could be wrong about this but I don't think spell power actually affects healing. I seem to remember hearing this somewhere and if you read the tool tip for it it just says it increases damage. Seems rather odd to me. I think wisdom effects healing though I don't think the tool tip says it does so I could be wrong and I really have no idea what is correct for this.

Spell power affects healing also.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodan View Post
    Spell power affects healing also.
    indeed it does,

because it affects different heals more than others.

must say I am surprised at your level 20 numbers for restorative flame and healing invocation, while I knew the sentinels was a bigger base heal I didnt realise the 200% spell power bonus from the purifier compared to only 150% for the sentinel didnt compensate, and I am curious when the mana cost switches around because i noticed the sentinels was more mana intensive at level 30.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Telaran

I think its the talents..

Sentinel progress is straight +5 healing -10 cost + 10 aoe
    while
    Purifier is 5% wisdom (which is low at low lvl), 50% interupt, 30 % shields (not in here) crit (which i didn't calculate)

If Purifier had more powerful heals AND shields, what would be the purpose of the sentinel?!

I'll repeat the tests at 22 (current lvl) in beta 6 and if I have time (cant promise) at 26 where you get new toys.
    Ofc I invite others to do the tests as well..

I respeced at sanctum then jumped down to take dmg and then healed myself..
    It was the least time consuming method I could think of
    Last edited by Vihor; 02-01-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihor View Post
    I think its the talents..

Sentinel progress is straight +5 healing -10 cost + 10 aoe
    while
    Purifier is 5% wisdom (which is low at low lvl), 50% interupt, 30 % shields (not in here) crit (which i didn't calculate)

If Purifier had more powerful heals AND shields, what would be the purpose of the sentinel?!

I'll repeat the tests at 22 (current lvl) in beta 6 and if I have time (cant promise) at 26 where you get new toys.
    Ofc I invite others to do the tests as well..

the point for the sentinel would be the AoE heals which is what it was supposedly for. and yeah the purifier has shields, the sentinel gets damage reductions *shrugs*

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Justicar*
    - doctrine of bliss 192-26
    - doctrine of loyality 165-145 AOE
    * forgot to respec him to full, so no RM numbers
    I would add the Salvation /Reparation combo as a healing ability. The consent group healing on damage works very well.
    Last edited by silentshh; 02-01-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Hahah, that's exactly what I did to test my healing with different builds/gear.

Good to know spell power does affect healing. I'm not sure where I heard it didn't, might have been somewhere on the forums here. I never really checked my healing against stats just different builds so I didn't notice either way.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by insainbassist View Post
    Hahah, that's exactly what I did to test my healing with different builds/gear.

Good to know spell power does affect healing. I'm not sure where I heard it didn't, might have been somewhere on the forums here. I never really checked my healing against stats just different builds so I didn't notice either way.
    Actually I never tested the sp thing..
    The only test naked / geared was with warden hots and since the increase was very small there might be sth to that theory..
    Will check it asap..

I really wish devs would clear up some design confusions..

Don't forget Sentinal also has the damage mitigation ability as well.

Soulwalker

you also have to remember that the justicars melee hits also heal. and the more mobs you hit at the same time, the more healing that you do.

as an example (i was a justical/druid/sentinal)...
    i was L22 as the main healer in iron tombs. we pulled 5 mobs and i used the aoe melee attack (forgot the name) and could hit all 5 mobs at once. for each mob, i healed each party member for 25 health. so thats 5 mobs * 25 health * 5 party members. thats 625 healing for every melee swing which was on the 1 second global cool down. the healing per second is way better than the other classes that you mentioned. however, it does consume more mana and heals less per mana point than the other classes.

i do realize that the single target, direct healing on the justicar is lacking compared to the other classes, but the constant aoe spam of heals from the justicar is awesome

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    indeed it does,

because it affects different heals more than others.

must say I am surprised at your level 20 numbers for restorative flame and healing invocation, while I knew the sentinels was a bigger base heal I didnt realise the 200% spell power bonus from the purifier compared to only 150% for the sentinel didnt compensate, and I am curious when the mana cost switches around because i noticed the sentinels was more mana intensive at level 30.
    Is it still true that purifier gets 200% spell power bonus and sentinel gets 150%?

What about warden?

L A
    Rift Disciple

hey, i'm a real noob and can't make a whole lot of sense of all this... Anybody have some advice for what souls to pick etc? I want to be able to hang back and heal the team, so AOE heals i guess?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Daera View Post
    Is it still true that purifier gets 200% spell power bonus and sentinel gets 150%?

What about warden?
    No, it's not true.

Spell power adds damage/healing per second.

Per second is based on casting time with instant cast being 1.5 sec

If your spell takes 2 sec to cast you add 200% of your (spell power/5). 3 sec cast adds 300%. 1.5 sec cast or instant cast adds 150%.

For HoTs this is added to the total amount healed, which makes HoTs appear to scale worse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast