+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the best profession to go into for a cleric?

Rift Disciple

Default whats the best profession to go into for a cleric?

Hi,

I want to be primarily a melee dps cleric (probably shammy). i know that we where chain mail.

in WoW, i remember at one point I had regretted not being a tailor to make my own gear, so is there something along the same lines here in choosing my profession? I'd rather learn it now than have to go back once I'm 50 and do it all over again. I'm assuming people typically do 1 gathering 1 crafting still?

Thanks!

Miner = Ore
    Armoursmith = Chain
    Weaponsmith = Weaps/Shields

The WHOOSH Man™
    Booze is 4 Life & not just 4 Christmas™

If I could have alcohol intravenously - I would!!

Can do 3. If you want to buy stuff off the AH to make armor and weaps, then go at least mining. Otherwise, take 2 gathering and 1 prof to be fully self-sufficient.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Quakereject View Post
    Can do 3. If you want to buy stuff off the AH to make armor and weaps, then go at least mining. Otherwise, take 2 gathering and 1 prof to be fully self-sufficient.
    right but which ones? armor smith or weaponsmith? and what else besides mining for the other gathering profession?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Amaurosis View Post
    right but which ones? armor smith or weaponsmith? and what else besides mining for the other gathering profession?
    armorsmith probably wants mining & butchering to be most self sufficient,
    weaponsmith-mining & foraging
    artificer (wands/totems (off-hands)/rings-mining & foraging

Since no one has seen the end-game, outside the alpha which has a nda in place, it is all a matter of speculation as to which is best at this point.

Personally I'm probably going to level my rogue (butcher/forager/outfitter-must have bags!) and cleric (miner/armor/artificer) pretty much concurrently, at least as far as crafting goes.
    Last edited by bri bates; 02-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.

If Rift follows in the footsteps of every other MMO, the best armor and weapons will come as drops in raids, therefor the best professions for everyone are those that make consumables and enchantments. In other words, Alchemist and Runecrafter.

Alchemist requires Gathering and Butchering to be self-sufficient. Runecrafter is self-sufficient in that it breaks down green or better weapons and armor, gems, and a few other things for its mats.

If you go Runecrafting, I would suggest also going Butcher and Outfitter. That way you can make cloth and leather armor to help fuel Runecrafting and can make bags, not only saving you a few plat on the auction house, but you can sell them for a nice profit too.
    Last edited by Skryth; 02-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Plane Walker

I am going to be going Armorsmith/Butcher/Miner. Going to try to be mostly self sufficient.

Cleric - Armorsmith/Miner/Butcher
    Rogue - Outfitter/Butcher/Runecrafter
    Mage - Artificer/Forager/Apothecary
    Warrior - Weaponsmith/Miner/Forager

Only thing I will need help with is metals on my Mage for Artificer, which I imagine will be mostly stuff NOT used by armorsmtih/weaponsmith ... silver, etc. But 2 gatherers of each type and 1 of each crafter should be pretty good.

I personally like the idea of making bags, they are useful and can normally be sold for a decent price in my experience. I also tend to enjoy gathers so on lazy days I can get on and just run around gathering. So I'll probably end up like what Skryth said for Runecrafting, Gathering and Outfitter.
    Last edited by Sinisterwolf89; 02-01-2011 at 08:24 PM.

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    -Isaac Asimov

+ Reply to Thread