+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: My Primary Healer build -- Please Critique!

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default My Primary Healer build -- Please Critique!

    Let me know what you think of this build for a primary healer (mainly focusing on pve, but would be nice for pvp too imo).

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EV0uzhsfz.xA0x

    What, if anything, would you change? ;D


    Thanks! I appreciate your input.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nastai[etc] View Post
    Let me know what you think of this build for a primary healer (mainly focusing on pve, but would be nice for pvp too imo).

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EV0uzhsfz.xA0x

    What, if anything, would you change? ;D


    Thanks! I appreciate your input.
    its seems ok
    i like this one though
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....EVxhz0sfk.xAh
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Well, I'd take two points out of Ebb and Flow, and put at least one of them into Surging Flames, it just seems like a pretty strong ability, which I can't understand you've skipped, since it'll allow the tank overhealing to go to targets which needs it more :P
    The second talent point could probably be put into Orbs of the Steam, it seems like a strong tankhealing spell, and the Surging Flames could allow you to cast it pre-maturely if you so desire, and then let the healing go to nearly wounded targets.
    Other than that, this seems like a strong build, but I can't really tell, since I haven't played the beta yet, but I've looked at the talents, and I've got some experience from WoW

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    248

    Default

    -5 Fiery Kinship
    +5 Enflamed Rejuvination

    Most of the Warden heals are grossly underpowered compared to the Sentinel and Purifier heals. There are a couple exceptions, however. Around your build, the two most notable ones are Healing Flood and Orbs of the Stream. Both rank among the most efficient heals in the game.

    Healing Flood, being an instant AoE HoT, benefits +15% (Surging Rapids), +10% (Fluidity), +5% (Benediction), and +10% (Life Efficiency). It's also cheap compared to the Sentinel AoEs. The downside is, you can effectively only use it once every 12 seconds, and must otherwise support it with heals from the other souls.

    Orbs of the stream is likewise highly efficient, both in terms of healing power and mana cost...but is on a 45 second cool down. Even so, you should probably take it, as it is one of the better heals. It works very well with Ward of the Ancestors and Healing Covenant, both of which are also highly efficient (but on long cooldowns).

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple EmilB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    144

    Default

    It breaks down into three simple factors:

    - Do you want to AoE heal like a baws?
    - Do you want to single-target heal like a baws?
    - Do you want to do both but not like a baws?

    Speccing more into Sentinel and Warden, rather than pumping all those points in Purifier would be my personal choice (since I like AoE healing but still with some options for fast single target healing).
    Last edited by EmilB; 01-31-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Cleric and zone-flow levelling guide for Guardians: kortlink.dk/cleric/8ptq
    Very sweet post about how Clerics work, you should definetly check it out (all credits to Vi3l): kortlink.dk/8q59!

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goryus View Post
    -5 Fiery Kinship
    +5 Enflamed Rejuvination

    Most of the Warden heals are grossly underpowered compared to the Sentinel and Purifier heals. There are a couple exceptions, however. Around your build, the two most notable ones are Healing Flood and Orbs of the Stream. Both rank among the most efficient heals in the game.

    Healing Flood, being an instant AoE HoT, benefits +15% (Surging Rapids), +10% (Fluidity), +5% (Benediction), and +10% (Life Efficiency). It's also cheap compared to the Sentinel AoEs. The downside is, you can effectively only use it once every 12 seconds, and must otherwise support it with heals from the other souls.

    Orbs of the stream is likewise highly efficient, both in terms of healing power and mana cost...but is on a 45 second cool down. Even so, you should probably take it, as it is one of the better heals. It works very well with Ward of the Ancestors and Healing Covenant, both of which are also highly efficient (but on long cooldowns).
    I do see the benefit of having Orbs of the Stream. Rotate that with Ward of the Ancestors and I probably won't have to do much healing as long as only 1 person is taking damage. So I dropped 1 point out of Ebb and Flow (because 80% chance per heal is still good) and put it into Orbs of the Stream. I want to keep my Warden's Soul level at 18 so I can have the water breathe ability! ;D

    I also took the 5 points in Enflamed Rejuv. over Fiery Kinship. I suppose if I am being interupted I can just pop Caregiver's Blessing for 3 free heals. By that point aggro should be off me. Fiery Kinship was ultimately for pvp, since that's most likely where I'll be seeing pushback.

    As far as Surging Flames goes, I'm not really a fan of the ability, because I don't think that many people will be taking aoe damage often. Though through playing the game I may come to find that to be untrue. Bascially if someone other than the main tank is taking damage (around the main tank) I'd rather just throw them a heal for 100% effectiveness rather than throw one on the maintank (who may not need it) for 70% effectiveness on the person who does need it. Also if many people are taking damage I can throw down Healing Flood, which should do well to rebuild their hp and keep them up.


    There is still the posibility of minor adjustments that I could make once I get playing the game and have more experiences to base my build on, but from what I come up with now I really think this build would allow me to heal single target "like a baws" and still have as much aoe healing as I should ever need.

    Thanks for the helpful insight! ;D

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....xAxzdh0Mz.x0z

    Thoughts on a heal spec like this?

    Some souls are there because of pvp usage.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Azz505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    25

    Default

    What do you guys think of this spec.. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zGk.eV0Vczcfzz

    I'd say this is focused on Warden and Sentinel healing, and instant damage spells plus dots and Purifier beeing used for the shield of the ancestors spell.

  9. #9
    Telaran Happygoten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    81

    Default

    If Trion is taking the direction of the purifier the way I think they are I think my final healing build would be something like this,
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...qIzsfuz.xh.E0L
    Not to mention you gain an additional benefit of 3additioanl spell power per point over 36 (if alpha is to be believed), still giving me 30%increase which is good enough and also I went for 44 for vigilance since I was already 42points into Sentinel and thought "Why not?"
    Last edited by Happygoten; 02-01-2011 at 08:21 AM.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo2112 View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....xAxzdh0Mz.x0z

    Thoughts on a heal spec like this?

    Some souls are there because of pvp usage.
    I like dissolution for PvP, but not unbound steps. I would move one of those points out and put it in ripple. I would move the other point out too, but where you put it isnt as obvious.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Ripple kind of sucks. It costs a lot of mana, and by the time you get it, you already have an AoE heal that' s more efficient than any of your single target ones (Healing Flood).

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I would still rather have that than 2seconds of root immunity for 1 point.
    Last edited by Dahrken; 02-01-2011 at 09:15 AM.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    for end game raiding i feel that 32 points in Sentinel will be a necessity for clerics to receive the In Combat Rez. Just a thought.

    ps, anyone have a 5 man build that allows for solo healing in 5 mans?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts