+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid/Cabalist/Sentinel

Soulwalker

Default Druid/Cabalist/Sentinel

Has anyone tried to mix these souls. Was just wondering looks like it could be a nice mix, ranged aoe with head bashing up close and a few heals. Thoughts?

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...rzo.V0A.xx0Vhz not exactly what you asked for but you get some good aoe damage and some cc with some dots and aoe heals and the ability to keep yourself alive, thoughtS?

Soulwalker

Ya I was looking for a melée caster combo if that is even possible.

Ore

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Ya I was looking for a melée caster combo if that is even possible.
    I would look at taking either Shaman/Justicar/Inquisitor or Justicar/Inquisitor/Cabalist.

Theres good synergy between the Inq (life and death dmg) and the Cabalist (death dmg). The Shaman or Justicar could cover your melee concerns.

Just my two lincolns ofc.

-Ore
    "Don't leave the spawn area! It's the only safe haven we have from those angry pigmies!!!"

-Anonymous Defiant in a WF

Cabalist really seems like an all or nothing class, with only some synergy for inq as a 2nd soul. Doesn't seem like it would mesh well with alot of the others since almost all its root and branch abilities deal with its core mechanic of sigils and decay.

I dunno about Cabalist being all or nothing.

I'm seriously considering a first-blush non-intuitive build that goes:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Iszxk.VtV0sxkr

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - that Satyr has some serious potential. If it is rough and tough enough to be a concern for enemies with what it does when fully buffed, it could provide just the right amount of distracting oomph to give me time to hurl a mixture of Drood and Cabby abilities at an enemy and cause some alarming havoc.

I suspect that it's become a bit of a knee jerk reaction to think Shaman whenever Druid is mentioned (and vice versa) - and to consider Druid as only a melee kind of Soul. There is some potential for it to play well (not perfectly, but surprisingly well) with a Cabalist.

It might not make for simple, neat, and clean destruction like a pure Soul build bomb - but I really think it could provide some startlingly insidious, down and dirty, wtf Mad Satyr and roots and Tyranny and Decay and Obliterate?! devastation ... akin to napalm.

+ Reply to Thread