+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changing of the Guard

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Changing of the Guard

Hey everyone, with the release of 3.1 its time for me to give you all a bit of news. Iím going to be moving off of Rift to work on another project here at Trion. Taking over for me is going to be Red Hawk (Iíll get him to start posting for you). Heís been helping me out with the latest Necromancer changes for the Mages and several other things that are in the works, so hopefully things should transfer smoothly. Iíll still be around to help out if needed, but Iím sure Red Hawk will have things well in hand.

Iíve been working on Rift for a long time and its been a great experience. Iíve enjoyed seeing the game evolve into what it is today. You guys have been a great community and all of your feedback and suggestions over the years have been a critical thing to keeping the game interesting and ever changing. Keep it up and try not to be too hard on Red Hawk.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Hi all!

Just wanted to stop by to introduce myself, and greet you all formally. I know replacing Kervik will be a challenging task, but I'm looking forward to working with all of you to constantly improve gameplay and QoL issues as he did. And while sadly the technology to download his brain into mine is not quite there yet, he does sit right next to me still, so rest assured that we can still consult his vast experience on longstanding issues, and that we're working closely to ensure nothing falls through the cracks during this transition of responsibilities.

So hello! Looking forward to working for you all!

Farewel Kervik, you did an awesome job on the various reworks. Thanks for your works, and I hope you'll enjoy your new project.

Welcome Red Hawk, let's all work together in getting clerics the kings of the Ascended ! (to be honest you should probably start with mage's harbinger though ...)
    Last edited by fufi; 01-28-2015 at 04:08 PM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Don't mess this up Jeff!

Welcome ^_^
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Welcome, Red Hawk.

All the best in your new position Kervik, and welcome Red Hawk!

The King is dead, long live The King!

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey everyone, with the release of 3.1 its time for me to give you all a bit of news. Iím going to be moving off of Rift to work on another project here at Trion. Taking over for me is going to be Red Hawk (Iíll get him to start posting for you). Heís been helping me out with the latest Necromancer changes for the Mages and several other things that are in the works, so hopefully things should transfer smoothly. Iíll still be around to help out if needed, but Iím sure Red Hawk will have things well in hand.

Iíve been working on Rift for a long time and its been a great experience. Iíve enjoyed seeing the game evolve into what it is today. You guys have been a great community and all of your feedback and suggestions over the years have been a critical thing to keeping the game interesting and ever changing. Keep it up and try not to be too hard on Red Hawk.
    Sad to see you go as you have made clerics a joy to play again.

Please don't forget to let Red Hawk know about Inquisitor BoD not instant casting all the time.

Welcome Red Hawk
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Sad to see you go as you have made clerics a joy to play again.
    wait, arent you a pyro mage?

Telaran

Wish you all the best, Kervik!

You did a great job with clerics, found time to implement changes even though 3.0 was about to launch. We knew you put in a lot of effort in Rift and most of us appreciate it.

I think Daglar once said that the reason most forum posts are negative is due to players only post when they are unhappy about something. If they like it, they will just play the game instead of post.

I believe Daglar is right and I myself am guilty as well. A belated thanks for the care and love you have given to Rift players.

Shadowlander

All the best for your future position.
    Thanks a lot Kervik for the work you did.
    And welcome Red Hawk.

A few changes in Shaman and especially Druid specs would be appreciated ;)
    Last edited by Kenei; 01-29-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Ascendant

Will miss you Kervik! People will always complain about a class dev but you did a good job

Shaman needs a good amount of love to be competitive (I think reworking the cooldowns would help as it does outparse Inq on a dummy but in a raid situation falls far behind due to its burst dps with raid cooldowns), I miss melee being superior in an all things fair situation. Inq needs some sort of plan for when we get more gear, it appears widely accepted that scaling is going to be an issue.

Shield of Telara

Bye Kervick. You did respectable despite all mine and others bitc*ing.

Welcome to the lions den red hawk.

#buffshamanrightnow
    Last edited by Attillaa; 01-29-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Fair winds, Kervik. Good luck on your new position

Welcome Red Hawk ( hands Red some thick skin )

~Kat

nerf clerics pls.

Best of luck Kervik, the longest standing class developer of this game .

And hellooooo Mr. Hawk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast