+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Druid Pets

Default Druid Pets

Anyone else think that the pet is nearly worthless... I mean it's not entirely worthless but it pales in comparison to say a necromancer pet or even a beastmaster pet... I'd love to know if the Satyr is going to be worth the points to get him. I hope that he is but I really think the pet's for Druids are pretty terrible...

Sad thing is that I love having a pet, I just think if we are the pet class of Cleric that our pet should be comparable to the other pets. The heal is so low in amount especially for the fairy and greater fairy that it's worthless in PvP entirely... and almost worthless in PvE.... I say almost because a little heal is better than no heal...

Plane Touched

The pet is supposed to be a little helper to you, not a focus of your class like Necromancer.

I dont remember seeing that stated anywhere? Even if I took it as a fact it should be helpful and worth casting... there are plenty of times when in Warfronts that I dont even bother summoning it unless I get down time somewhere to do so... if it's a respawn, I dont even bother sometimes because the heal is so terrible.

General of Telara

its starting to remind me of the druid bear in everquest. Its cute but worthless.

Telaran

Have you trained the upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwaffles View Post
    I tried it with and without and I couldnt justify the upgrades to a negligible heal / dps pet.... when I could spend those points in Shaman for more return. I am not saying I want the pet to do 75% of my damage... but it should be noticeable that I have it out...

Yeah, cleric pet is worthless. I didn't play cleric much on last beta but at lvl10 I summon it out just like for companian pet LOL. I'm more than offen that I have to use potions to stay alive when I fight 2 or 3 mobs same time. Their heal is too small to make different....come on 50+ heal for over 12 seconds ?
    Last edited by Xblades; 01-31-2011 at 07:04 PM.

It really is completely worthless outside of patching you up after a fight and running around and even then literally any other heal in the game including the 15 second cooldown druid heal is better lol

I hope the Satyr isn't as worthless but I am sure it will be.

Telaran

The fairie and greater fairie are meant pretty much just for PVE i think. They keep you up and never have to worry about healing yourself, really helps PVE kill speed.

PVP, yeah it's useless. However, the bonus to it is it's the only way to have your melee power converted to your spell power.... WITHOUT having a buff. As long as its near you, you can whack things even if you get debuffed. Food for thought. However i believe the real bonus will come at lvl 31, the Satyr. I have a feeing the Satyr isn't this friendly pet that is pleastenty going to heal you. It will probably be more like the necromancer I'm gonna bash some crap up. Whon't know till next beta :P. Solo Role, Druid/Shaman/Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Massdan View Post
    The fairie and greater fairie are meant pretty much just for PVE i think. They keep you up and never have to worry about healing yourself, really helps PVE kill speed.

PVP, yeah it's useless. However, the bonus to it is it's the only way to have your melee power converted to your spell power.... WITHOUT having a buff. As long as its near you, you can whack things even if you get debuffed. Food for thought. However i believe the real bonus will come at lvl 31, the Satyr. I have a feeing the Satyr isn't this friendly pet that is pleastenty going to heal you. It will probably be more like the necromancer I'm gonna bash some crap up. Whon't know till next beta :P. Solo Role, Druid/Shaman/Warden
    Hope the Satyr is indeed a mean motha... because if not the druid is more or less very very very lackluster.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xblades View Post
    Yeah, cleric pet is worthless. I didn't play cleric much on last beta but at lvl10 I summon it out just like for companian pet LOL. I'm more than offen that I have to use potions to stay alive when I fight 2 or 3 mobs same time. Their heal is too small to make different....come on 50+ heal for over 12 seconds ?
    Uhhhhh, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Manmadegod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwaffles
    I tried it with and without and I couldnt justify the upgrades to a negligible heal / dps pet.... when I could spend those points in Shaman for more return. I am not saying I want the pet to do 75% of my damage... but it should be noticeable that I have it out...
    ... I think he was referring to training your skill rank... are you still using the rank 1 pet?

Rift Disciple

I absolutely HATE the pet, especially as a justicar tank. It just looks so ridiculous to be walking around with a fairy lol.

IMHO they should turn the faeri into a WISP.....basically a floating sparkling wand that auto shoots bolts and casts hots on you, stays right by your side, but can't be targeted or killed or whatever.

Think of a warlock imp in WoW, it is a very simple DPS pet that gives you a buff and shoots a steady stream of bolts. Druid version also can keep a hot on you but that's about it. Then if you actually want to go full druid you get a true pet (satyr) that does damage and tanks for you and all that.

The fae pet usually sits back and slowly casts weak damage, agroes other mobs, and just rather useless. We also get wands that we never actually use, so maybe being able to channel the wand damage by making it a temporary pet would be cooler and look less lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhun86 View Post
    ... I think he was referring to training your skill rank... are you still using the rank 1 pet?
    I have certainly not failed to train the pet as I have leveled up... I just find it almost not worth casting... which is a shame.

Whats so worthless about it? Once you get the greater version its decent. It gives you a constant HoT as good as the basic warden one, their dmg is equal to a necro or warlock DoT, the greater version has a decent direct heal, they have nearly as many hp as necro/ele caster pets, and do a bit over 1/3 their dmg. At lvl 30 necro and elementalist caster pets basic spells hit for around 100, and the greater faerie did about 40. So you get a nearly neverending HoT and neverending DoT mana free, that can also drag aggro from an add from you and take a beating for little awhile. Saved me plenty when you pop rage of the fae and every tic of her heal hits for about 110 and her dmg spell hits for 60. I've been stunned by a rogue before and had the pet still free to heal me, or been out of mana and get that last little boost I needed to kill something. Do I wish it was stronger and had more talents to buff it? Should it be on par with other pet classes pets? Absolutely. But its certainly not worthless if you put points into all the upgrades for it.
    Last edited by Relair; 01-31-2011 at 08:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast