+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justicar ownage.

Soulwalker

Default Justicar ownage.

What do you guys think about this as a defensive justicar/shaman build for pvp??? it should put out a fair bit of damage while being able to support team mates. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...k.gucoVhoddz.m

It looks like it could be strong, though I would really reconsider spending the 4 points in purifier, I know it grants you a castable spammable heal, but the heal is very low healing output. Compared to the two 32 point abilities you are missing out on from Justicar or Shaman by stopping at 31 points on each, I'd suggest taking one or both of the 32 point skills instead.
    We don't want a game, we want a second home. We play for escape.

Justicar is worthless vs classes that purge or debuff.

You'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trost View Post

You'll figure it out.
    I'm sure they'll come up with some way to prevent that....as it is currently you are 100% correct. Recasting buffs constantly is not fun.
    We don't want a game, we want a second home. We play for escape.

You'll figure it out.
    Yeah, losing your Mein mid-fight is a horrible thing. Maybe stances instead of buffs? I guess that's too much like EVERY other MMO. Having a Leadership stance like a Tank stance would be nice and having a stance for the "DPS" Mein would be nice and prevent the debuffing issue while allowing the same gameplay aspects. Just saying...

Of course, you must be talking PvP when you say classes... couldn't care less about the PvP aspect.
    Live forever or die trying..

Core i7 950|12GB Corsair Dominator DDR31600|SLIx2 EVGA GTX 470

Without most of our buffs cast on ourselves as Justicars the class is a joke - I cannot see any PvP viability as a melee Helaer going the Justicar route, which is a shame as to me it could have been a great class (Rogues/Warriors I think are going to be healers biggest pain - and the tank like nature of Justicar would add a lot of survivability).

I think wow had a great idea with the talented chance-to-fail-purging on buffs... like 7, 13, 20% for incoming purge to fail to strip a buff

maybe somethign like that would help? i've not played the class so idk

Rift Master

You don't need that many points in Justicar to get the strong melee healing ability. Beyond that you can rock out the shaman and something else.

The sentinel has the most life damage attacks but the warden has some nice hots and nice bonus to heals for making yourself more durable. The shaman can get bonus to being healed and the warden has a bonus to instant cast heals. I believe that the healing on the justicar is instant and so those should buff it nicely.

Deep justicar for anything besides pve tanking seemed disappointing to me.

Telaran

I actually find the Druid hits harder then the shammy or the jusicar. For whatever reason the meelee styles of the druid do really good dmg. and the shammy in there for the crit lines and u have a great melee dps cleric.

Soulwalker

You'll figure it out.
    who purges, i mean c'mon now. have you seen the battle ground during the last beta? L-O-L

2H Justicar is going to rock 1v1 PvP and will hold its own in all other forms.

The odds of being DeBuffed in a group setting are slim.

You'll be very hard up for mana to maintain that build. Also you are missing some crit abilities, so its hard to see what your focus is really. I have a justicar/ shaman build in my sig if interested. I made it more for solo or small group, it could be used for pvp but its more for survivabilty ( gives crits, heals and mana). Also you do get faster rotation with a one hand than a two, it would help if you are relying on melee crits.

Go alchemist if you plan on being a melee cleric, those pots will save some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dverge View Post
    2H Justicar is going to rock 1v1 PvP and will hold its own in all other forms.

The odds of being DeBuffed in a group setting are slim.
    He will rock until he meets a 2handed Druid, which will rock anyones socks off hard.
    Silence + 2 recovery debuffs? and a ranged a slow as well as a sleep?

C'maaaannn

Druids are -the- pvp melee class for clerics.
    Last edited by Eughe; 01-31-2011 at 10:25 PM.

i was having my justicar mainly justicar, then sentinel, and warden. i like to be melee, but heal my group mates (for pvp). my guy was lvl 20 and he not only had all the justicar healing abilities, but also an instant hot (warden), an instant heal (sent), and a single target cast heal (sent). i did pretty well
    i LOVE this game!

Soulwalker

I reckon they will have to make some of the core justicar buffs in the tree unpurgable/dispellable. Its not like if they did juticars would be op. I just really want justicars to be viable they are my ideal class .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast