+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor Advice Needed

Default Inquisitor Advice Needed

This next go around with beta I am thinking of giving Inquisitor a spin.

My question is the pairing of souls, I'm still trying to decide what goal I'm looking for long term but thinking down the line as a solid support character yet having the bite to take down targets.

I haven't really had a huge amount of time in beta however I did experiment with a druid build for a few days.

I still think that a cleric will be the class I choose, but I'm curious how gimped I would be if I go extreme in Inquisitor.

With the possible changes I have looked at going 51 in Inquisitor may work out. 30% spell damage. Stack spell damage on your equipment ignoring crit and you could nuke pretty hard i would say.

"Ritual of Judgment: Now a 36 point root ability. Increases spell damage by 5%, plus an additional 2% per point spent in Inquisitor above 36."

Yes 51 point Inquisitor looks to works really well, also even 30 point Inquisitor and pairing with Cabalist is very good. With the cabalist Entropy is very good too with Vex and all the channels.

Current BETA 5 build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00do_.vjoh0z0z.VziV
    Last edited by Uiin; 01-31-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    "Ritual of Judgment: Now a 36 point root ability. Increases spell damage by 5%, plus an additional 2% per point spent in Inquisitor above 36."
    Wait where is this from? I haven't seen this one yet.
    We don't want a game, we want a second home. We play for escape.

Not sure about the rules for posting stuff like that. Google "rift beta 6 patch notes" link to the info is on the first page of results.

Well I hope the soul calculator gets the update soon, would be nice to tweak some builds with these new changes before beta 6 starts.

Interesting changes, and some strange ones to the Shaman if that's legit.

Telaran

i love the idea of 51 Inq .... gonna go Inq/Warden/? maybe cabilist for + damage ... but I was also thinking of doing a Druid for the faerie while leveling, or Sentinel for the insta cast heal to add to my few heals. My goal is good nuking ability with spot healing too. Think this does it and does it well. as background, I'm a casual gamer but I enjoy PvP ;o)

I did Inq/pur (for the 6pt heal) and warden. Im going to drop warden and pick up caba for some xtra dmg. Inq and pur worked well togeather.

Plane Touched

Inq/Warden is a great combination - 5 points in Warden gets you a tasty boost to damage (and healing, once you trait Vex), the lovely spammable Water Jet, the HoT, condition removal, and a knockback. Past that, you could spec deeper into Warden for more utility (Purifier makes a great 0-point third soul here for the shield) or go into Cabalist for the spell power/spell damage passives and some more AoE.

I went 20/20 Inquisitor/Warden and 0 point sentinel, and I just loved it. This was a very mobile setup, and it allowed me to still keep up with healing in Warfronts.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

LOL@waterjet
    yeah I cant wait to play against you people who rely on insta cast spells.

what I cant wait to do is pop shroud of agony then Malestorm (pull 4 people to me) soul drain (debuffs) circle ofOBLIVION!!! and throw in tyrany for giggles.

totally going full inquisitor as there were just too many situations where I said to myself, I could use a nice ae dot here. but mostly spent my time debuffing targets death resist, and then hitting them over and over... and over with bolt of depravity (with the improved dot tactic)

I was extremely disappointed with the Inquisitor at early levels. The soul is entirely reliant on a three spell rotation of fairly mediocre DPS - two DoTs and the awful bolts (one a 2 second and the other a 3 second cast). If you look further up the tree this 3 spell rotation for attacking / proactive strikes is still very evident. Best that happens is the bolts get a chance of being cast as instants. I ended up having to use secondary and third souls. I realise this is not a one soul rationality, but not being able to configure a decent rotation from the primary soul is most disappointing. This soul needs some love by developers.

lol, "hitting them time and time again with bolt of depravity" at 3 second cast time and 10 second cooler?
    Last edited by Keridwan; 02-01-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    Femmes Fatales - The Art of the Feminine in the Power of MMOs

Quote Originally Posted by Whacko View Post
    This next go around with beta I am thinking of giving Inquisitor a spin.

My question is the pairing of souls, I'm still trying to decide what goal I'm looking for long term but thinking down the line as a solid support character yet having the bite to take down targets.

I haven't really had a huge amount of time in beta however I did experiment with a druid build for a few days.

I still think that a cleric will be the class I choose, but I'm curious how gimped I would be if I go extreme in Inquisitor.
    Inquis / Cabal / Warden( 0 pt for a HoT and a knockback ) 5pts for +damage to instant cast spells ( which dots are included in ) also Purifier as the thrid soul works well also but you'll go 6pts in for the heal
    Last edited by Staradder; 02-01-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staradder View Post
    Inquis / Cabal / Warden( 0 pt for a HoT and a knockback ) 5pts for +damage to instant cast spells ( which dots are included in ) also Purifier as the thrid soul works well also but you'll go 6pts in for the heal
    That sounds very viable, however what role would this build be in a group?

+ Reply to Thread