+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman 3.0

Default Shaman 3.0

I was just curious, what's the state of shaman in 3.0?
    I understand that in the world of DPS, Inquisitor is morbidly obese right now,
    but I would like to know how Shaman is fairing.

I recently hit 65 on my cleric and for sure my gear is absolute crap, but pulling around 30k as inq, so didn't fancy trying shammy out just yet.

But what's it like? I'd like to know where it stands in both PvE and PvP.. Pre-3.0 I was a solid PvPer but because Trion decided it was time urinate all over that firework of mine, I have no choice but to PvE.

Appreciate any replies!

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Omfgllamas@Zaviel (p90)-Main
    Nagashokk@Zaviel (p90)
    Boonay@Zaviel (p90)
    Yawrehto@Zaviel (p90)

shaman is competitive with 8 inq/7 druid + faith's freedom mastery, but no one uses it. i don't think shaman should rely on a mastery intended for inquisitors to pull ahead of inq though. 10 druid/5 inq seems to be about equal or slightly behind inq for me, which obviously shouldn't be the case.

if you like it, there's no reason not to play it, but i wouldn't get your hopes up for any changes any time soon. the whole idea that melee should have higher risk/reward doesn't seem to be part of the agenda over at trion these days.

as for pvp, it's (imo) the second best melee pvp soul in the game at the moment when it comes to actual dps, but melee isn't really viable unless you're an exceptional player or have solid heals behind you since every wf is 90% ranged dps, and shaman doesn't really have any defensive cd's to speak of.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-17-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Telaran

If you do a dummy parse with both then shaman with 8inq/7druid is 2-3k ahead in dps. However in raid environment inq pulls ahead due its burst lining so nicely with raid CDs.

As for numbers, on Jinscoth fight (2nd boss in Mount Sharax) few days ago my inq friend did ~77k while I did ~73k shaman. I've seen similar numbers on that fight for couple weeks now. So yeah, shaman is somewhat behind inq and that reason becomes very clear during when Flaring power and other raid CDs are up and you can see inq going over 100k dps while shaman is around 85-90k.

However I gonna keep using shaman on that fight as long as I have to interrupt

Welcome back ecru :-)

Thanks a lot for the replies, both of you.
    I think in all fairness coming second over 1st dps in a raid to play something you enjoy is a worthy sacrifice, in my opinion anyway.. But as stated I only really PvP so I don't mind not being the best when it comes to smacking up a raid boss.

I do however appreciate the replies and if any others who PvP as shaman could give any indicator that'd be nice.. In regards to melee vs ranged in PvP you're spot on, but again it's down to play style :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Omfgllamas@Zaviel (p90)-Main
    Nagashokk@Zaviel (p90)
    Boonay@Zaviel (p90)
    Yawrehto@Zaviel (p90)

+ Reply to Thread