+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ecru

Thread: Easy- Karuulalert stack monitoring

That's the incorrect way of making a KAlert when you want an alert for showing stacks.

{stacks} in the text field will show stacks for each stack. If you only want it to show up at a certain amount of stack, you specify the amount in the "Stacks" input field.

Here's one example:

Code:
    KA:Blessing:aE9u/eNotjsEKwjAMhl9lT6AtbkPJTV3Bi8qYt8HItm4Gu1RsL0N8d7sqXwI/XwI
    JSKjgaXDWL1iiCr032jniMbFDogxOGtiyBhEWVEAESho8HNHjur6damzJkJ8b6iy7urVT2yAz3cm
    gJ8urvncgZZrDLssg3S4lA2/nsXu4DxyKc1WUwUQtYSN+n1yu/0kUebytvkIrN2A
    An alert for 'Blessing of the Flame' which can go up to 6 stacks. It will always show stacks 1-6.

Its pointless to make an alert for L&D. Stacks 1-3 don't matter, stack 4 you get a reactive on screen for insta BoD.

As Raina said that's the wrong way to do it. You can do that with a single alert you don't need to make 4 alerts. Simply put {stacks} in the text field and it will show how many stacks you have on the alert. There is even a handy little arrow next to the Text field that will put it in for you.

Layers is useful for say you want different spells to show in the same location. For example both Warlocks and Bladedancers have 3 combat buffs that overwrite each other so you have to cycle through them. You can use layers to show when its time to cast the next 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Bladedancers have 3 combat buffs that overwrite each other
    Five. Six, if you count Side Steps.

Ascendant

You can also use gadgets with "include only" option.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Its pointless to make an alert for L&D.
    i don't really see it this way. anticipating what you're going to do based on your stacks when taking into consideration boss mechanics or what is going on in pvp if that's your thing is a pretty good reason to track your l&d stacks.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

You don't always have to have layers when setting up your alerts.

For Bladedancer you could put all the dance's names into the buff name section, apart from sprint and dodge, so instead of having layers on layers it would be just one alert.
    Though it might not always display the correct icon.

Same thing for Inquisitor having the name of L&D and UT in the buff name section, would cut two alerts into one.

My archon kalert had the same thing set up for non-physical and physical debuffs that support specs use, so you only need one alert instead of several.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Five. Six, if you count Side Steps.
    Really? wow my rogue is just a baby lvl 40? been awhile since I played it..

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    For Bladedancer you could put all the dance's names into the buff name section, apart from sprint and dodge, so instead of having layers on layers it would be just one alert.
    Though it might not always display the correct icon.
    How do you do this? Do you separate them with a comma or semi-colon?
    This could be really useful, could you please post an example of the syntax used in the buff name field or an import I could look at.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 12-28-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    My archon kalert had the same thing set up for non-physical and physical debuffs that support specs use, so you only need one alert instead of several.
    Actually this was exactly what I was thinking of. I been using several alerts /w layers to tell me if I need to cast Spirit Def or not. It doesn't work as well as I'd like. Do you still have that that alert for the +7% non-phys dmg?

nvm was able to find it in your Archon guide. TY

+ Reply to Thread