+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Question: Resplendent Embrace

Default Question: Resplendent Embrace

My selfbuffed HP:
    http://i.imgur.com/Wvcs7sz.png

My HP with Resplendent Embrace:
    http://i.imgur.com/WeuhPRJ.png

141610 + 20% HP should be 169932.

Is the skill bugged?
    Is the tooltip wrong?
    Am I wrong?
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

So, I ran some numbers. Unfortunately, the PTS isn't working right now so I can't check this myself, and as a result all of this is based on the numbers that you've provided.

The amount of health that Resplendent Embrace is adding is 20% of 105130. This is 36480 less than what your actual health is.

What's interesting is that 36480 is 114% of your base health (which is 32000), and the standard Justicar tanking build has a 114% base health bonus.

So it seems that what's going on is that Resplendent Embrace is not properly accounting for base health multipliers (from gifts/talents/buffs). Metamorphosis and Adrenaline Overdrive might have the same bug.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-15-2014 at 12:12 PM.

In my tank gear and specced 61 justicar 9 shaman 6 inquisitor, I have an unbuffed 128340 HP's with no buffs at all, or 142100 with MoL/Bear/AoT.

With or without my buffs RE adds 21124 HP's, which is roughly 16% of my unbuffed state. Can draw the conclusion from this that RE doesn't buff buffs, so PA endurance needs to be discounted as well, but i think that this in itself can account for all of the missing 4%, so something else isn't contributing either, not sure what though at the moment.

Basically, I have 105620 of my HP's contributing to RE, whilst 22720 is being lazy, of which PA is 180 endurance = 1800 of it, leaving roughly 21k that I can't account for easily.

My first suspicion is that the flat health pool increase that all players received as part of 3.0 changes is classed as a buff and so its not contributing, as in SL you did get 20% of you your unbuffed HP's.

Though I feel that it should work like it did pre 1.11 and actually buff based of max health like it says on the tooltip.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

No, it's multiplying base health properly.

The problem is that it's not accounting for multipliers of your base health. As a result, in the standard tanking spec, Resplendent Embrace thinks that your health total is 36480 lower than it actually is.

Kervik, fix please!
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

I'll take a look at it. As a heads up, any fixes for it won't make it out until January at the earliest. The holidays slow things down a bit.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    I'll take a look at it. As a heads up, any fixes for it won't make it out until January at the earliest. The holidays slow things down a bit.
    I was on my cleric and trying out justicar the other day. I don't if tool tip error. Pardon me if I am wrong but almost every ability that says consumes one conviction is consuming 4 convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    I was on my cleric and trying out justicar the other day. I don't if tool tip error. Pardon me if I am wrong but almost every ability that says consumes one conviction is consuming 4 convictions.
    If you're referring to Doctrine of Bliss/Loyalty, they cost 1 Conviction at base, but if you have points invested in Divine Right, they'll consume up to 3 additional Conviction to increase their healing.

+ Reply to Thread