+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy DPS?

Soulwalker

Default Holy DPS?

Hi all,

I'm returning for the first time since launch and I'm excited to be back hunting rifts and public grouping (how I've missed that). But I have a question for the soul experts...

Is there such a thing as a ranged holy DPS build? I'm always looking in MMOs for the spellcaster who can call down holy flame or exorcise their enemies with light but if you give me a mace and tell me to stand in melee, I will flee in fear.

I've done some googling and looked around in the souls I have so far (haven't purchased any new ones yet) but if this exists I am willing to hand over my wallet if needed!

Rift isn't a game of playing a single build if you want to be somewhat serious in raiding content.

That being said there is no real 'Holy' spec in the game, Inquisitor would come the closest though utilizing life and death abilitie from range.

Rift Master

Inquisitor is our ranged dps spec. If you're looking for cool spell casting effects, Inquis shoots bolts of light from our hand/mace/hammer and channels white, purple, & green spells to down our enemies. If you're looking for spell casting effects which call down from the heavens things such as lightning you'd need to check out the Mage soul Stormcaller - it's all the rage for those less wise intellectuals.
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Rift isn't a game of playing a single build if you want to be somewhat serious in raiding content.
    Yeah, I'm not min/maxing here. I just like the idea and would build a character around it when not healing. I doubt I'll ever raid, too much burnout for me.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seonronpeth View Post
    Inquisitor is our ranged dps spec. If you're looking for cool spell casting effects, Inquis shoots bolts of light from our hand/mace/hammer and channels white, purple, & green spells to down our enemies. If you're looking for spell casting effects which call down from the heavens things such as lightning you'd need to check out the Mage soul Stormcaller - it's all the rage for those less wise intellectuals.
    Light is exactly what I'd love. It feels fairly true to the cleric and the animation sounds pretty cool. Thanks!

If you want things to burn in the pits of hell, spec into purifier.

You'll be able to instant cast up to 3 giant walls of fire.

But you'll probably piss off everyone in the vicinity since it's so damn big at times.

Go 61 Shaman 10 Druid 5 Inq - thu, not a pure ranged build...

Ekkehard's Grasp will reach out & lightning bolt someone's head from 35m !

Ranged DPS in my book.

P.S. The bolt effect scales up in size, looks great hitting open world bosses.
    Last edited by Xeoth; 12-25-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Consistency is the key!

+ Reply to Thread