+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: cleric healing for experts NEED HELP!

Soulwalker

Default cleric healing for experts NEED HELP!

ive done experts, and raids in vanilla *50-cap* until ember isle, then i did regulars up until 56-57-ish in SL, and ive been healing in WoW, Aion, perfect world, GW@, and forsaken world, so im not new to healing. that being said, i thin that some of my healin specs are a bit off, or there is something im missing, or i have points in the wrong spots or something i have 4 helaing specs, and they go down in the order that i use them most. *first being the most used* could you guys look at them and let me know what you think? ill post the link, then post what i use the most outta them *unless its obvious* and what i put in my rotation that i usually make sure are constantly on.

Hybrid heals, used for 5-mans, regulars, and rifts
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#pkiEikll54/mkgw10/Uf
    i make sure that latent blae is always on the tank, and every 45 seconds i put it on someone else if the tank stil has his... i us the invocation buff-based Crucial Invocation as my main heal, with healer's blessing as an insta heal, or as a raid heal if needed. fulfullness is always in my macros.

PURI heals, used as 5-man tank heals only.... use the mastery for raid heals *lvl 65 mastery buff thingy* spam shields on those that need them

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p8yw/mkGli2BliEw/Ud
    it should be obvious as to what i have, but in ase its not, i usually use signs of faith and daring *both cuz of master* and i keep latent blaze on tank or others that usually take mysterious dmg *cleave accidentally, forget to notice fire under feet etc) i keep spiritual conflag on cd, unless i need it for a phase or circumstance, and imake sure i ave the lvl 5 mastery up depending on what i ll need it for.. buff for raid heals-from-single-trgt-heals, or the channel one for more healing on tank.

defiler heals... used usally as a 2nd healer, not for dmg almost ever

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#pk50/mkh0/U8llkl4Ba4
    basically, i put the links on everyone, saving on from the one least likely to be hit (aka, ranged dps) and spam explosive growth on everyone, keep soul siphon up on boss, and
    keep the "triggers foul growth" spells on cd for those that need them, and keep loathesome restoration up on tank. also, i keep chimera's gift on me at all times, since im the only one i can use it on.

warden/defiler/puri now is my least used one, as its mainly designed for upkeep heals and side dps... kinda like rogue bard, but not as blatant and its mainly all HoTs, and buffs for triggers

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q...lqAg/mkkE0g/U8

like i said, i only use this one for 3rd wheel healing.... this is for those guys that have that noticable gap btwn hits from the boss.. and in btwn where you are casting where its a big hit followed by a big heal and if you take too much dmg, it just keeps going down further and further.... thats what this is for. i also do light raid heals, but mu main focs is to keep all Hots on rotation, and keep them on the boss... ripple, cleansing waters, latent blaze, etc are all for stiuations or emergencies, based on the boss and mechanics.

so.. lemie know what you guys think of these, and ill keep on improving my heals to better standards
    I want to think i think i want to think

Soulwalker

Default also.....

also, i thought of this one for raid support.. somemitigation, HoTs, raid heals, and 2 battle rezzes... lemmie know what you think of it :P

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#qhiGaGyw4g/m/U8iGEG2
    I want to think i think i want to think

Shadowlander

Yeah your missing alot of your best abilities/cd's by not investing full 61 into these specs. When healing NT experts only thing you should prolly run is 61 purifier. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ier-guide.html

61 puri + Divine Providence mastery is all you'll ever need to heal experts.

Telaran

Like few people already pointed out 61puri with divine providence can handle any expert dungeon encounter without major problems.

I saw you had made spec almost like that but you ended up prioritizing very small single target healing increase from sentinel over flame of life skill in purifier. Flame of Life can be used as a counter to quite some party wipe mechanics or as a "oh ****" button. I'd prioritize that over those sentinel points any day.

As for rest of the specs, even tho they are creative and people probably could make them work if they would really want to, I don't see reason to use em. Problem with Cleric heal hybrids is the low tier talents and skills have quite some overlapping. You end up getting a lot of similar type of spells that are all used to counter same type of situations and you miss out on the good tools that come after 40+ points. Some of them even block the usage of similar spells (like battle res, they all share cooldown).
    Last edited by Cirtsu; 12-11-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Soulwalker

I've been pondering this hype over purifier being the go-to spec for experts. After first hitting NTE's I tried it, and managed alright. Though after a I bit decided to try sentinel out with 15 puri, and it's way easier to keep the group up. It's even got slightly more sustained aoe heaing through Marked by the Light as well, along with strong tank heals and panic abilities.

Could someone shed some light to the reason why people keep vouching for the purifier so much over sentinel?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Utukki View Post
    I've been pondering this hype over purifier being the go-to spec for experts. After first hitting NTE's I tried it, and managed alright. Though after a I bit decided to try sentinel out with 15 puri, and it's way easier to keep the group up. It's even got slightly more sustained aoe heaing through Marked by the Light as well, along with strong tank heals and panic abilities.

Could someone shed some light to the reason why people keep vouching for the purifier so much over sentinel?
    Shielding has always been better than healing, for some reasons. Shinkirou was saying the same thing in a mage topic regarding chloromancers. A sentinel (who knows what he's doing) is a god about pure HpS. But in experts, and also in raids, there are big spikes of damages. And to prevent it, applying more than 100k shields on your tank is better than HpS.

And also for this funny kind of reasons, related to the one above :

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    A 61 bladedancer with 8 or 15 points in riftstalker just tanked my expert.
    89k health, doing 30k+ ST DPS, 100k+ 5+ target AoE DPS

How?
    Purifier making his effective health go up to 150-160k without any Cooldowns.

It's getting out of control... :/
    But, I also heal sometimes as a sentinel in experts, and everything's going well.
    Puri is better, especially for low-gear tanks, but play what you like to, this is the principal.
    It's a game after all.

Soulwalker

but play what you like to, this is the principal.
    It's a game after all.
    This is what I've been doing pretty much I've just always been more comfortable with straight off healing people, so with that in mind, purifier gameplay is not exactly something i'm completely familiar with yet. Albeit, it seems rather simple.

Spikes are easily managed with as senti with instant (procced.) breaths etc, so it's been rather smooth so far. Last raiding experiences are from RoS, so I'm not gonna touch that for now..
    Last edited by Utukki; 12-29-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Colga View Post
    61 puri + Divine Providence mastery is all you'll ever need to heal experts.
    This is truth in the current game.

Sent is not worth the effort outside of PvP and it still lacking their.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aarlis View Post
    Sent is not worth the effort outside of PvP and it still lacking their.
    Please do not pass on false info. Sentinel is a perfectly viable role for NTE's.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Utukki View Post
    Please do not pass on false info. Sentinel is a perfectly viable role for NTE's.

You are a far better healer then I am. I cant heal a blue tank in experts as Sent. If you are speaking about an over geared tank, just use Oracle.

Rift Master

Sentinel is Viable, but Puri is boring easy fall asleep easy mode.

For anybody EVER Struggling in an ANY dungeon 61 Puri + Divine Favor is just TOO easy. You can force crit Symbol of the Sun on the MT, if that isn't a joke I don't don't know what is.

I remember back in the day when Sentinel was the go to MT healer dungeons and raids while Puri was a shield bot. Though this guy MT healed experts with Puri......was even easier back in the day when Symbol of the Sun hit 3 targets at a time versus 1.

Shadowlander

Hi all
    I've seen here a few posts talking about healing experts with the Oracle soul.
    Is it Oracle/warden?
    Could you please guys share the spec you're using, and the healing/dps rotation?
    Thank you in advance
    ++

Quote Originally Posted by Kenei View Post
    Hi all
    I've seen here a few posts talking about healing experts with the Oracle soul.
    Is it Oracle/warden?
    Could you please guys share the spec you're using, and the healing/dps rotation?
    Thank you in advance
    ++
    42 oricle/34warden is the spec that i have used, feel free to change it up a bit depending on what sort of utility you want. playing it takes a bit of getting use to because it is very easy to slip into a rotation if the healing is light. also you have to get use to where your emblems are and which ones to use at which times because when things get hard you will not be able to keep them all up constantly.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

61oracle/9defiler/6puri

Goes: Loathsome, Loathsome, Loathsome, Loathsome, Loathsome, Icy cascade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast