+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oracle and general support role HELP

Soulwalker

Default oracle and general support role HELP

okay, to start off, im not sure if im completely wrong in this, but cleric support (besides defiler links) seem to be nerfed waaay down from where they were at before, and more importantly, compared to all the other classes (cept for warr, i dont know them all that well) when im in defiler dps spec, (rage blight, links engaged, and 2nd/3rd souls dps based) im still only doing like 6-9k dps, and thats if im not putting ANY heals on anyone, and JUST dps-ing. that is REALLy low from where im even remotely experianced with....seeing as how bard supprt does about 10k min and heals for a lot even without using the coda of healing thingy...and archon is all mitigation bonuses, but they still do more dps than me at a min/max comparison.... rolled with one yesterday, and they were doubling my dps.

that being said, now to our "official" support role... oracle... i need all the help with this as i can get. i was in a NMR a bi ago and i was lierally spamming anyhing thst wasnt on cd, and hitting stuff on random trynna get a rotation down, and idk what i was even doing i was doing about 8-11k dps, which seems low to me i was 61-point, and i fogor what i had a 2nd/3rd souls, but ive looked and the oragle "guide" seems a lot outdated. says 2.7, and this is 3.? so obviously it needs some updating. is ther anyone that can help me understand what the rotations, spell bursts, cds, etc should be? if i dont go 61, ill prolly end up doing 51, just for the "cast all boons" skill, and spend the restof those points in something else to boost dps, but idk what to spend them on

*note: i dont know what to use as a 2nd/3rd soul cuz i need to figure out if im gonna use it for buffs, abilities, boneses, or just wosd/sp bonuses or what*
    also.. i was thinking of putting points into defiler for wisd and rage blight, but only 4 or 5, then putting other points into inq or cabal for the sp and dmg bonuses

plz help me with this, as i want to play support, and cant really get defiler down in therms of dps, and really id be a 3rd wheel tank healer at best in that spec.
    I want to think i think i want to think

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Plane Touched

The oracle guide in that compendium is the most recent you'll find, but make sure to review the comments as there are different suggestions on various things (primarily masteries). You are correct, sub-10k is very low for dps, expect more like 40k average-ish at raid-entry level gear, raid buffed.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default RE: toxic

uh, yeah, im talking about entry to experts, lol i have yet to even imagine even starting raids yet , so what about experts, or even regulars? im not all that in terms of dps, but i can pul about 22-28k in regulars as an in, but thats a pure dps spec, otherwise speaking ive seen support mages and rogues pull 10k easy in experts, so im not sure where to stand on that...

but again, im referring to experts, not raids
    I want to think i think i want to think

Plane Touched

Oh jeez, ummm.... Never ran oracle at expert progression, but if I had to guess...

Dps should be no less than 35k, and that's lowballing it. Since your gear will be greater than level T3 raid gear and we could do 25k+ in a raid setting (@ level 60), Id say shoot for no less than 20k minimum. That's giving compensation for the lack of raid cooldowns from others, but having stronger gear. Obviously, familiarity with the spec is huge, so factor that in as well
    Last edited by ToxicWaltz; 12-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    Oh jeez, ummm.... Never ran oracle at expert progression, but if I had to guess...

Dps should be no less than 35k, and that's lowballing it. Since your gear will be greater than level T3 raid gear and we could do 25k+ in a raid setting (@ level 60), Id say shoot for no less than 20k minimum. That's giving compensation for the lack of raid cooldowns from others, but having stronger gear. Obviously, familiarity with the spec is huge, so factor that in as well

I'd say those are pretty close numbers, right around what I was hitting in IT. Granted I was the "healer" at the time.

Nothing much significant has changed regarding oracle. I'm running 10 shaman / 5 Inq as off souls, masteries tweaked for DPS - Diversify/Soul Stream/movespeed/Extra Range/Self shield on crit. I dunno the names off the top of my head.

Playstyle wise, stick to me old 2.7 guide for the most part, but for filler spam just use Pain > Blood over over, using Ice as well before Wasting or Glacial, use soul stream as best befits a given encounter and with premonition so that it doesn't eat your emblems.

I'm knocking out 45k minimum on the MS/RoF bosses now with semi raid gear, but at a bare 1000 hit coming out of experts a month ago was more like high 30's.

Hope that covers most of your queries.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

I don't have Oracle, and don't know much about it. But I do not think there were any major changes with 3.0 so other then Masteries old guides should still be accurate.

Defiler, again no major changes here other then Masteries. Links were reduced yes, but this wasn't really a nerf, more of just an adjustment due to Health pools being so much larger then they used to be.
    I do think you may want to review the defiler guides again tho. In straight Crafted gear upgraded to "Detailed" I was hitting 15-20k DPS in experts while doing quite abit of healing because the Healers and Tanks didn't have any better gear at the time. Now If I need to Defile I can easily hit 25k+, and if I get the spreads right 40k+ in AE.

As for masteries, there is alot of wiggle room here but I use.
    61 - Avenging Shield
    62 - Divine Inspiration
    63 - Faith's Freedom
    64 - Sinister Resolve
    65 - Soul Stream / Divine Favor (depending on situation Divine favor can be massively powerful when everyone is taking damage)

Here are 2 very good guides, they kinda have a different perspective on Defiler so both have some great tips.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ler-guide.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...erts-more.html

+ Reply to Thread