+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 Cabalist build that maximizes single target damage

Champion of Telara

Default 61 Cabalist build that maximizes single target damage

By that I mean when ST damage is needed, what soul combo and rotation is best for contributing to ST phases?

I personally go 11inq/4defiler, but one could argue 10sham/5inq is better.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Chaser

personally i use 9Inq/6Def (grabbing Siphon Vitality) along with the Masteries;
    • Avenging Shield
    • Divine Inspiration (for the range increase)
    • Faiths Freedom (for the SH/Vex when mainly ST fight) / Meditation for AoE for Darkness spread (not tested how useful this is yet)
    • Sinister Resolve (since 50% of my damage is from DoT's and ToD still gets 5%)
    • Soul Stream

you could argue that Diversify is better for the lvl64 Mastery but from my few test parses there doesnt seem to be alot of difference.

as for rotation on ST i use a 15s block which complete with the slight ability delay causes the block to be around 15.5s allowing the curses to drop thus the bonus damage tick at the end. the basic block contains;

Well > Curse (any) > ToD > Dis > ToD > SH(+Vex) > ST > SV > ST > ST.

this block ensures that Well is refreshed when it fades out as well as the curses dropping just as you reapply to get the bonus damage proc as they fall off. also ToD self detonates as you reapply your curses which maximises its uptime as well as making use of Dissintergration on CD, along with SH which applies Vex as well.

using the macro below it makes counting easier;

#show Shadow's Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tyranny of Death
    cast Disintegration
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Shadow's Touch
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Howling Death

placing a single Curse, Well and SV on your bar makes this a 4 button rotation that 3 are only needed once every 15s. i slot SV after a single ST just to make sure i dont drop Darkness. Howling Death is nice for PvP or mass silence mechanics so handy to have up all the time so i place it at the end. Bound Fate is castable to targets behind you so is there for lazyness although handy if used in PvP when you get pulled/kicked by your opponents or they run around you alot. its also wise to keep Dark Water on your hot bar for movement so you can use that to stop Darkness dropping off if you are unable to cast ST.

overall its DPS is still lower than Inq or Shaman but ST on a dummy i managed to top out at around 35-37k (expert geared without BiS runes/essences) and thats without raid buffs/debuffs or Rage Blight, so id say with all those you can look at around 42-43k possibly.

p.s. i didnt mention Soul Stream in the rotation because so far ive only gotten a slight DPS loss because timing up the curses/darkness/well/Dissintegration i usually end up dropping one for too long or resetting the Darkness stacks which is a bad thing. maybe with more practice its a DPS increase but since its rarely needed to ST it doesnt seem worth it.

Champion of Telara

Thank you, that plays much smoother than what I was using.

Your missing a ToD detonation with Unleashed Oblivion. UO also does more dmg then Disintegrate

Tod>UO>ToD>Dis>ToD at the start and every 1m after.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Your missing a ToD detonation with Unleashed Oblivion. UO also does more dmg then Disintegrate

Tod>UO>ToD>Dis>ToD at the start and every 1m after.
    ahh yes i did forget about that. you are right but i usually use that on the second block or if flaring power/orchestra is used straight away it will be on the first block.

the only thing to watch is your Darkness stacks when using this mid fight as with a slight extended ToD block they can be close to falling off so use a DW if required for a faster refresh. also when using UO trigger cut 2x ST off the end of the 15s block (since Uo and ToD reapplication takes up those 2 GCD's), but you may need to pause for 0.5s to apply ToD as adding UO brings ToD's natural trigger just a hair too long for the 15s block, so when the block comes to refresh (you could throw in a singe ST/DW/BF if you have more than 1s to spare)

Soulwalker

I use a 13 defiler 2 inqui to get the alteration +5% magic damage when you use marrow harvest, avoiding me to use a GCD just to put the same buff in caba without making damage.

And you get a mono dispell too.

masteries:
    61 3
    62 4
    63 2
    64 1
    65 2
    Last edited by Kaeleak; 12-16-2014 at 03:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread