+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Melee Build?

Default Cleric Melee Build?

So new to rift coming from Swtor i am trying to find a melee healer build for cleric im not sure what souls are going to work best for this build or even what weapons should i use 1H + Shield 2H or staff? iam hoping 1H = shield but like i said i have no clue if you guys could give me suggestions for what souls to use that would be great was thinking maybe Sent and Druid? any help and tips would be great cant wait to get in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Krogz View Post
    melee healer build
    There is no such thing. (Well, not that does anywhere near enough healing to actually do the job of a healer in a group, anyways.)

dbe
    General of Telara

Druid is the melee build for leveling and solo content. Shaman is for group dps (both can be used for either, just not as well).

There are presets that use those souls, you can start with one of those and see how you like it.

Clercs can use a 2H weapon or a 1H weapon and off hand. Shields are only for tanking.

Rift Master

Well I guess you could go 10 points into Justicar...rest into Warden and spam your Justicar melee attacks to feel like a melee healer. You'll have Warden hots + Salvations heals.

Though I doubt this would be a very good healing build.

You can also play Defiler that heals through DPS but its all ranged based.

ok thanks guys maybe ill just go druidcar thanks for the reply's

k so after looking around im gonna go cleric healer build but im not sure which souls are the right ones to do i dont really want to pvp so it sounds like sent is out? i also dont want to be stuck standing there with cast times so trying to figure which soul for pve healing would be good for this kind of play style Purifier maybe?

Rift Master

Purifier is the best healing soul hands down. That doesn't mean the other souls cant perform the job. Its just all around easier with Purifier.

It goes best to worst healer

1. Purifier
    2. Sentinel
    3. Defiler
    4. Warden

Though there was a comment on the forms of a Warden healing Experts. Though I do not recommend this for a newb. Even Sentinel is pushing it to me. I have seen tanks die in 2-3 seconds.

ok cool thank for the reply so what other souls should i use for purifier? right now i have sent and inquis

Rift Master

really at that point its up to you. There is theory crafted BEST builds but it really boils down to the player and what the player prefers.

I myself use http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#pmw/mkGliyFlkG8/qg8

For a while I used http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p.../mpaB91iGFgw/q As it made healing 5 mans easier when other individuals other than the tank got hurt.

cool thanks for the link i reset my souls so i will be changing now another question sorry if its a dumb one but as a cleric healer is it better to use staff? looking at videos lots are using staffs i was hoping i could use a mace and a tome cause the animation for the book tome looks pretty cool but if im gimping myself then i dont wanna use it my guess is if i put the stats of the mace and tome together and compare it to a staff it should be fine if its equal or better right? unless staff has something else that they dont but im not to sure

Rift Master

cool thanks for the link i reset my souls so i will be changing now another question sorry if its a dumb one but as a cleric healer is it better to use staff? looking at videos lots are using staffs i was hoping i could use a mace and a tome cause the animation for the book tome looks pretty cool but if im gimping myself then i dont wanna use it my guess is if i put the stats of the mace and tome together and compare it to a staff it should be fine if its equal or better right? unless staff has something else that they dont but im not to sure
    As far as I can tell it doesn't matter.

the only real difference between using a 1h/oh vs a 2h is that the 2h has higher weapon damage which is used for autoattacks. autoattacks will do only a tiny portion of your dps so it is not worth switching. personally i prefer 1h/oh because it works much better when switching to tank spec which will always use 1h/shield, if you use a 2h then your equipment swap macro will tend to throw your weapons everywhere

keep in mind, in rift you can have many different roles(up to 20 atm) so you can switch from healing to dps to tank to a different dps..etc any time you are out of combat, you can buy them at your class trainer. some new people miss this for quite awhile and just assume that you have to play what you picked at the beginning forever.
    Last edited by krabcat; 12-09-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

+ Reply to Thread