+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mage tanking staves locked to mage only.

Champion

Ok, thought they could (never seen it yet). Sorry for that.

Anyway: Not all classes can equip or need for all items. Although if perceived less stuff drops for mages (I am mage...), I am sure, it is balanced with the numbers of different items for the classes.

*boah... some english sentences are quite difficult!*
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Oh you mean like warriors being able to roll on cleric tank necklace? Yeah, well those restrictions do not seem to be thought out very well .... V:
    The restrictions are well-thought out, they just aren't applied consistently.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The restrictions are well-thought out, they just aren't applied consistently.
    I don't agree. It's always been terrible in RIFT, e.g. warriors being able to roll on stuff that doesn't even have stats on it that their class uses (for example wisdom), is simply very bad design.
    Last edited by Fia; 01-13-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    To me it mostly seems like an oversight that clerics are required to use a shield. Every other calling can block without a shield, I think. Not sure about warrior.

Is it fair that we can't use their tanking staves? Maybe...they can't use our maces.

On the other hand, we can't use their caster swords. Then again, they can't use our shields.

Seems fair.
    Warriors can only block without a shield if they have the talent in warlord (DPS tree) to allow them to do so.
    In full tank spec, they must use a shield in order to block or use abilities that require blocking or a shield.

Clerics can use staff, one hand mace, two hand mace, totems, daggers, shields.
    Mage can use staff, one hand sword, totems, daggers.

Clerics can use Chain, Leather and Cloth.
    Mage can only use Cloth.

Clerics have no reason to complain on what they are capable of using.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Warriors can only block without a shield if they have the talent in warlord (DPS tree) to allow them to do so.
    For a whole 11 points, you get that ability, another pull AND another interrupt? Sign me up!
    In full tank spec, they must use a shield in order to block or use abilities that require blocking or a shield.
    61 points in VK or Paladin looks like a full tank spec to me.

Clerics can use staff, one hand mace, two hand mace, totems, daggers, shields.
    Mage can use staff, one hand sword, totems, daggers.

Clerics can use Chain, Leather and Cloth.
    Mage can only use Cloth.

Clerics have no reason to complain on what they are capable of using.
    I agree. I wasn't being sarcastic. But let me tell you about how very happy I am about being able to use cloth and leather armors...

For a whole 11 points, you get that ability, another pull AND another interrupt? Sign me up!
    You lose the armor from the shield, the soul gift points that are not spent in tank tree AND the talents from the second tank tree.
    Not worth at all.

61 points in VK or Paladin looks like a full tank spec to me.
    61 VK needs 15 Paladin and 61 Paladin needs 15 VK in order to be full tank.
    Anything else is losing a lot of mitigation. While doable to not use 15 points in those trees, there is nothing significant you'll manage to get out of it.
    The only possible thing to do, and I'm not sure if it's still possible with NT since the changes done to Warlord, is an hybrid Paladin/Warlord spec for tanking experts when being overgeared.
    And since VK is now pulling above 60k DPS on trash in expert and 20k on bosses, there is really no point to get more DPS than that by losing all that survivability.

I agree. I wasn't being sarcastic. But let me tell you about how very happy I am about being able to use cloth and leather armors...
    I only listed Leather for the sake of completion.
    But being able to use Cloth is a MAJOR boon for Cleric.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I don't agree. It's always been terrible in RIFT, e.g. warriors being able to roll on stuff that doesn't even have stats on it that their class uses (for example wisdom), is simply very bad design.
    Right. That's why I said that the restrictions are a good idea, just that they aren't applied consistently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3