+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric tanking sigil help

Default Cleric tanking sigil help

I'm building my tanking sigil and was going to do half block, half guard essences. Is this a good choice? Would it be better to stack all block or guard? or...?

Thanks!

With a bit of expert equip, you should reach the softcap for guard very soon. Try to get much endurance and if you have a choice, choose block.
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Endurance > Guard > Block

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    With a bit of expert equip, you should reach the softcap for guard very soon. Try to get much endurance and if you have a choice, choose block.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    This is why i made this post. Some people say end & block then guard. Others say end, guard then block.

What is correct!?!

The reason Guard is better than Block because it affects all incoming damaging, not just physical damage, and doesn't rely on a chance to reduce damage.

There's also the fact that Guard has an aura of 7m, which means the damage reduction spreads on to the other players in range of the Tank; which will help the healers.

So in the end I will say a constant damage reduction is far better than a maybe damage reduction.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 12-01-2014 at 04:07 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    The reason Guard is better than Block because affects all incoming damaging, not just physical damage, and doesn't rely on a chance to reduce damage.

There's also the fact that Guard has an aura of 7m, which means the damage reduction spreads on to the other players in range of the Tank; which will help the healers.

So in the end I will say a constant damage reduction is far better than a maybe damage reduction.
    Makes sense. Thanks much!

It has been much debated, but if you break down the numbers.

Guard>>>Block(until guard soft cap)

Then:

Guard>=Block(until the Block soft cap)

Then:

Guard>Block.

In other words, you can't go wrong by going with guard if you have the opportunity to do so. Then go with block if there is no guard option available.

As far as tank gear goes, Then endurance difference between like gear(i.e. the same tier of gear, the same slot) is small most the time(unless you evaluate between PvP and PvE gear).

That being said, you're better off just looking at if it has guard/block on it.

As far as endurance vs guard/block goes, that doesn't really apply unless you're thinking about runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    The reason Guard is better than Block because affects all incoming damaging, not just physical damage
    It's more accurate to say that Guard affects all incoming damage, not just blockable damage. There are plenty of non-physical attacks that can be blocked.

Block still sucks, though.

Soulwalker

what is the softcap on guard?

2369 (which is 10% mitigation). The hardcap is at 4377, which is 12% mitigation.

Guard remains the best secondary stat even after the softcap.

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    This is why i made this post. Some people say end & block then guard. Others say end, guard then block.

What is correct!?!
    I think you misunderstood me.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I 100% agree with this. But since it is very easy to reach the softcap for guard (even without essences) you should try not to get 6 essences with Guard. I have 1 essence with Guard in my focus (because it has a ton of endurance) and have ~2510 Guard which is, as Muspel already said, above the 2369 Softcap.
    Last edited by Kapnia; 12-03-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    But since it is very easy to reach the softcap for guard (even without essences) you should try not to get 6 essences with Guard.
    This is untrue. Guard is still the best secondary stat point for point, even past the softcap. Unlike block and dodge, it affects all incoming damage, which means that it increases your effective health.

Unless you're at the hardcap, of course, but I don't believe it's possible to reach that yet.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-03-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Does anyone have a rough (or better) guideline on stat ratings to apply to Guard for Justicar? Riftscene BIS weight calculator still defaults to 30.06 for End, 14.21 for Wis, 6.72 Int, 6.4 Dodge, 7.05 Block. I have not attempted to factor Guard in but if I were to do so, what is a rough range I should be using? For example, as high as 20 if below soft cap, as low as 10 if above soft cap and below block hard cap, etc?
    Thanks in advance!

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jagas View Post
    Does anyone have a rough (or better) guideline on stat ratings to apply to Guard for Justicar? Riftscene BIS weight calculator still defaults to 30.06 for End, 14.21 for Wis, 6.72 Int, 6.4 Dodge, 7.05 Block. I have not attempted to factor Guard in but if I were to do so, what is a rough range I should be using? For example, as high as 20 if below soft cap, as low as 10 if above soft cap and below block hard cap, etc?
    Thanks in advance!
    Don't use stat weights, just go for whatever has the most end. If you find two items with the same end you can start looking at the other stats in the way mentioned in the thread.

I'd rather go like this : Armor/resist > guard > block >>> dodge

Armor resist is there to indicate the tier of the item, and unless someone really made a bad job on itemization, endurance will follow naturally.
    We have so much endurance nowadays that chosing dodge rather than guard for a few points (say 9) is very foolish.
    Last edited by fufi; 12-10-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast