+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToxicWaltz

Thread: InquisitorCabalistPurifier

Shadowlander

Default InquisitorCabalistPurifier

Hi i have this build: 61 inquisitor 11 cabalist, 4 purifier

Link http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#E8v4/nGaGyGllkBh0/mf

I know this is a stupid question but... Can anyone help me making macros? Please...

Telaran

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be mean, but Inquisitor shouldn't have any macros.

BUT if you REALLY want them, and don't need to min/max the dps of this spec..

main spam:

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Judgment

*BoJ will cast on the move

BoD proc:

#show Bolt of Depravity
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

And on seperate keys:

Scourge
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    Aggressive Inquisition
    Soul Stream
    Agressive Renewal

Apply Scourge when it falls off, spam to 4 stacks, bod.. use cd's on cd. Get the mastery Sanction Heretic applies Vex also.

Shadowlander

Yeah. That's the first problem: the first macro don't work! If i remove 'suppressmacrofailures' it sais me that only 1 ability can be casted in a macro.

(sorry for the bad english)

So it works then. Macros in Rift attempt to cast spells until they can cast one, then they skip other cast instructions.

The first macro will cast Sanction Heretic, if it can't (Sanction Heretic on cooldown) then it will cast Bolt of Retribution, and if it can't (You're moving) then it will cast Bolt of Judgement.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shadowlander

Ah, now i understand. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by ThunderSkull; 11-25-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

No Macros? Why would you clutter your bars?

Macro'ed on my bars:
    - SH & Scourge
    - Nysyr's & AI
    - SS & HD
    - SD & CoO

dbe
    General of Telara

Your spec is outdated. Is this for solo or dungeons?

At the very least, put those 4 points into Shaman instead of Purifier, for 8% spell power.

Shadowlander

Outdated? I don't know, but this is my strongher spec. If you nave another one for me... I madre lot of post for help but only 1 replied. I use it for all: WF,pvp, dungeons, solo ecc
    Last edited by ThunderSkull; 11-25-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Heres the spec i think most are using
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l88/nGaGyGllkBh0/U8
    with last 3 points in either Obsession for +3% dmg or Vicious Streak for +3% crit

Couple Macros I use.
    Yes some purists who like lots of buttons will say they are bad, and they are to the extent they decrease your possible DPS by a smidgen or 2. Really can depend on how good your are at knowing your own macro's. I highly suggest learning how macro's work so you know what your macro's are doing at all times.

I use the BoD macro given above

1 button DoT, With the Mastery mentioned above I only need to track is Vex, when Vex drops hit button twice

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Scourge

For cheesy easy Purges, Inq Purge is a smart purge only casts if there is something to purge, otherwise its skipped so.. If its a target switch fight like say Skylla, set mob that needs to be purged as focus before fight. I still keep purge on a separate button as well tho and you may need to remove these at times just add // before {cast}.

suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Purge
    cast Purge
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Judgment

Sometimes you need BoJ when not moving

#show Bolt of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Purge
    cast Purge
    cast Bolt of Judgment

(Disclaimer super bad, super lazy) Don't spam or hit this button during a GCD or you waste your Big dmg CD's

#show Aggressive Inquisition
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Stream
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Aggressive Inquisition
    cast Radical Coalescence

And possibly the 1 macro every DPS with an Interrupt should have

suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Confound
    cast Confound
    Last edited by Eilauria; 11-26-2014 at 12:05 AM.

While I won't argue with your macros, even though I don't like some of them, I will correct your use of focus macro.
    If you don't have a focus target, then "cast @focus spell", will simply cast the spell at your target. Therefor, you can simplify your macros by removing the line below @focus. Same goes with @mouseOverUI if you have these.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shadowlander

Thank you all, i'm going to try this out.

Plane Touched

Never never never put radical coalescence in a macro at the bottom. Ignore the person who did. Iknow he has the caveat that it's super bad, but thats not nearly enough to describe it
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    While I won't argue with your macros, even though I don't like some of them, I will correct your use of focus macro.
    If you don't have a focus target, then "cast @focus spell", will simply cast the spell at your target. Therefor, you can simplify your macros by removing the line below @focus. Same goes with @mouseOverUI if you have these.
    I did not know this TY, just assumed it would be ignored w/o a focus.

ToxicWaltz

Never never never put radical coalescence in a macro at the bottom. Ignore the person who did. Iknow he has the caveat that it's super bad, but thats not nearly enough to describe it
    It is not that bad. IF you know your macros and how they behave, I very very rarely accidentally blow RC when I don't mean to. With it at the bottom I can either wait for everything to be on CD before using, or use it anytime I want to by popping it between a GCD. So for me at least it is not any different in any way then having it on its own key. Its all about practice and muscle memory. I just can't use as many buttons as some do.

@Eilauria

Yes, you should always make your own macros to fit your playstyle.
    But there is errors that should never be made by anyone.

Error #1
    Never put a channel spell in a macro. (With few exceptions)
    Reason
    Because if you use the macro twice, you just broke your channel.
    It doesn't matter how much you know your macro, it is in human nature to make mistakes and there it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Also, lag.
    The only exception come from very specific usages like a warlock Void Barrage...
    in PvE
    #show Void Barrage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Darkness
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Void Barrage
    and PvP
    #show Void Barrage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Darkness
    cast Conflux
    cast Arcane Manipulation
    cast Void Barrage
    Error #2
    Always keep Purge out of any macros unless the macro is done specifically for a certain fight.
    Reason
    Because there are things that are simply a waste of time to purge. Losing a global CD can cost you a kill in PvP.
    You will also lose control over your purge and might accidentally use it on something useless and end up having it on CD for when you need it.
    Purge is a situational ability and should be used as such.
    The only reason to macro purge is for fight specifics where you know you will always have to purge as the #1 priority.

Error #3
    Never put Radical Coalescence in a macro.
    Reason
    Because you'll waste your Radical Coalescence...
    Last edited by Snap; 11-28-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

@Snap

Because if you use the macro twice, you just broke your channel.
    It doesn't matter how much you know your macro, it is in human nature to make mistakes and there it's better to be safe than sorry.
    You can do the same thing if you have them separate by accidentally pressing another key. I break my macro and waste CD's maybe 2-5% of the time tops, probably about the same, maybe even less, than any player using 4 extra keys makes a mistake. Because you know humans make mistakes. I just don't have to stretch and strain my fingers as much. Health and Safety 1st ya know.
    If you know your macros and have good timing you can be every bit as error free as someone using 12 buttons. Just can't decide to use them in a different order is all, which is why my macro is bad.

That Void Barrage macro is far worse in Every way then any of my macros (which I know are bad).
    ED > SLD > Contaminate and you should be able to cycle through those keeping 1 up at all times its actually fairly effective to macro these together. Void Barrage should be used on CD you can throw it in your ST spam macro if ya want, long as you can time it with Persist or Radiate your fine. But your macro simply wastes CD's for absolutely no purpose.

Because there are things that are simply a waste of time to purge. Losing a global CD can cost you a kill in PvP.
    You will also lose control over your purge and might accidentally use it on something useless and end up having it on CD for when you need it.
    Purge is a situational ability and should be used as such.
    The only reason to macro purge is for fight specifics where you know you will always have to purge as the #1 priority.
    Its really never a waste to Purge in PvE it helps someone even if its just the healer having to cover slightly less dmg and there is rarely If ever more then 1 thing to purge in any encounter except trash. That said I do remark it out with // if I know I need to use it with care. But having it in there can help a lot for people new to the spec or not used to having to use a Utility spell. Your healers will love you and Tanks won't mind it either.

I don't PvP in Inq /shrug Don't like pvp much at all. Being melee is less not fun for me..:L

Error #3
    Never put Radical Coalescence in a macro.
    Reason
    Because you'll waste your Radical Coalescence...
    Yes, yes it happens, rarely, once in a blue moon. Probably no more or less then I would having it on a separate key but it does happen. But at least I don't forget to use it either.

It all comes down to muscle memory. Macros or no macros your muscle memory and timing are going to determine how many mistakes you make in your rotation. Making things more easily available just works for some of us better then doing the five fingered Twister game.

I admit my macros are bad they reduce the choice you have in what to cast next, but there is no reason to assume your going to make more mistakes with macros then you do with out them. I learned Inq without any of them, just as I learn every spec I play, w/o macros 1st. With them I play just as well, just easier and more pain free.
    Last edited by Eilauria; 12-02-2014 at 03:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread