+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Forced to go purifier for experts

Default Forced to go purifier for experts

Whats going on is sentinel a dead spec?

Rift Disciple

In pvp no, but for experts, yes.

I healed my first experts (2nd day after release) as sentinel before realizing purifier was super strong. So it's doable.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Rift Master

I wouldn't say Sentinel is dead, more like its living in the shadow of Purifiers and Rogue healing soul.

There have been some great improvements to Sentinel to increase its mobility through the use of Masteries. Its healing has also been increases with Masteries. Though Purifiers healing is also increased with Masteries and now AOE healing as a Purifier is less of an issue as opposed to what it used to be.

Don't foresee any changes coming any time soon. Purifier's need work in general as they are just simply TOO strong and even worse boring to play.

Plus this game has TOO much mobility and fights requiring mobility. This puts Sentinel in a bad position from the word go.

Kervik! I invoke you! save cleric, save my sent spec.

Telaran

Sentinel was my most favorite to play during classic rift and SL.

I am pretty sad with it's current form.

Sword of Telara

sent is having the same issues like chloro atm.

all the fights are made with shielding, burst healing and mobility in mind.

I mentioned this in another post, but yeah, this expansion is taking the freedom out of MMO's and forcing everyone to play the same spaces, get the same gear, and do the same exact tasks.

Don't get me wrong, I love Puri, I always have, but I don't like how others are forced into it. We shoudl all have specs that work for how we like to play.

Sent isn't dead, the "problem" is Sent is like chloro and lib where the healing is reactive vs proactive healing like those given from a Phys or Puri. You can Sent heal an expert, you just have to try a little harder and plan accordingly.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by TehBigCarp View Post
    I mentioned this in another post, but yeah, this expansion is taking the freedom out of MMO's and forcing everyone to play the same spaces, get the same gear, and do the same exact tasks.

Don't get me wrong, I love Puri, I always have, but I don't like how others are forced into it. We shoudl all have specs that work for how we like to play.
    Cleric in my guild solo healed some of our first experts in warden. (He's crazy...)

Given, he's no pushover and I'm not messing around when I tank, especially since I'm Arbiter, but it is possible to play what you want to play, so long as you can manage to do it right.

Now with the gear, we are pulling 2-3 packs of trash in experts and he still keep me up in both Warden or Defiler.

The thing is, we are talking about experts here. It's not supposed to be easy to everyone and Purifier/Physician is simply too strong because of how shields are inherently OP, keeping it easy even for those whom it should be hard for.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Plane Touched

I'm bored of puri in experts now so I sent most of them. Totally viable, just have to not suck and use CDs accordingly.
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

Rift Disciple

Bear with it for a while. Once you and your tank get a bit of gear it will get easier. Sents definitely have it harder than Puris but once you gear up a bit you'll still find yourself having fun and exciting fights while Puris die of boredom.
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Plane Walker

Sent is the strongest it's ever been in PvP. With the masteries it is freaking awesome. Before the xpac, in full myrm gear and 1/2 relic gear, i was never on the top of the heal charts. Now it seems like I'm there pretty frequently, unless it's a heavy raid heal fight. I'm kind of perfectly fine if Sent remains a PvP focused spec.

Just not sure why you'd even want to go anything other than Puri in Experts though.

Rift Master

I still say if your Shielding then your actual healing should suck. Puri's heal and shield equally well. Actually most my fights feel like I heal more than I actually shield.

I'm in full believe Purifier should have only healing flare for healing and whatever else you can pick up from Sentinel/Warden. The rest of the abilities focus should be on preventing damage. Instead we get a strong mix of healing and shielding.

dbe
    General of Telara

I'm using Sent. Other than a stronger shielding mechanic I like it better and I don't mind healing on the run.

Honestly the biggest issue I'm having is mana, being forced to dip into crucial invocation a bunch.
    Last edited by dbe; 11-25-2014 at 08:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast