+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 12floz

Thread: Returning tomorrow, any advice?

Default Returning tomorrow, any advice?

Hey guys,

A good few months ago I had to sell my complete gaming rig, 1,700 and 11 months of building to get it to where I wanted it to be, in order to fund a new car.. Absolute heart ache! This subsequently meant I had to take a forced break from Rift.

I've decided to pop down into Novatech tomorrow and blow my Christmas bonus on a pre-made set up, now this is where you guys come in!

It's been months since I last played, everything has changed, furthermore I'm going for a complete change for the new expansion. A little while before I had to leave I finally hit p90 on my warrior, making it the third edition to my characters at max rank (Warrior, Mage and Rogue).
    I've decided that my main is going to be a cleric, a calling that I've neglected for 3 years straight. I have a level 58 cleric sat up on a dusty shelf and I need to blow the cobwebs off it, but what direction should I go in from there?

Firstly, I'm not a healer. I can't heal, I have too much of a temper to handle people over extending and blaming me for everything (atleast I'm honest ) I've figured that I'll most likely be playing Inquis, not just because it's FOTM but because it suits my play style. Has anyone got a couple nice builds stored away for levelling?

Lastly, this isn't necessarily a 'cleric' matter but I am also looking for a new start in a new guild for my return. I'm a solid PvP orientated player but did clear 90% of endgame PvE content in 2.8 before the axe fell on my MMO lifestyle. So preferably I'd be looking for a guild that has some nice competitive premades going on, but also does PvE in order to gear. Not looking for anything too intense, I've got a wife and two little ones and don't fancy an earache when something big pops up IRL and I can't attend a raid.

All in all, if anyone has any tips that might help me in 3.0, please do share. Looking forward to getting back in game tomorrow!

Ooosh!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Omfgllamas@Zaviel (p90)-Main
    Nagashokk@Zaviel (p90)
    Boonay@Zaviel (p90)
    Yawrehto@Zaviel (p90)

My advice: Don't return.

OK, I am out of here!!
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    My advice: Don't return.

OK, I am out of here!!
    That was far too constructive for my liking.
    Please don't be as helpful in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I don't like being a snowflake, snow is cold.
    Omfgllamas@Zaviel (p90)-Main
    Nagashokk@Zaviel (p90)
    Boonay@Zaviel (p90)
    Yawrehto@Zaviel (p90)

61/10/5
    inquis/shaman/defiler

There is no longer a mana regen, in it's place is a 1min C/D.

To level easily:
    Use AI, blow a mob apart.
    Use NR, blow a mob apart
    Use RC, then blow a mob apart with AI
    Use NR to blow a mob apart.

if you're killing things too quickly(IE, you don't have to run a mile to the next kill target)

Use your reduced cast time BoR's to blow a mob apart(using BoD procs when available).

Use Judicial Privilege whenever your hp gets lowish.

Use Trepidation if you ever pull too much.

Leveling in such a matter means you'll be killing things with C/D's 80% the time or so.

It's fairly easy.

Shadowlander

Welcome back man,

Inquisitor seems to be the go-to spec for NT because
    Mobs are spaced out even enough to warrant a ST burn over an AOE grind. Never the less druid or druidicar still works very good for elites and packs of invasions so it's always good to keep in your back pocket. Other than that hope you have a good time with the new content, just expect the onset of early arthritis from nightmare rifts.

Soulwalker

I agree with the above posts. For leveling/solo/duo play, I am usually in 61Inq, but I do try to carry a 61Druid build when I want to give up DPS for survivability (I only really used this in a few circumstances leveling from 60-65).

+ Reply to Thread