+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Trying to get better

Soulwalker

Default Help Trying to get better

OK peeps just dropping in to see if the good ole forums can help me out... Little about me... Ex rogue raid and mt healer now going to cleric.
    Right now my focus is on tanking. I know how to grab aggro and kite and all that other jazz... my issue is what should be my next step gear and skill wise to get better. I get hit harder than a Mack tank brick truck. unless i have a over geared healer and/or I'm always blowing Cd's 24/7 trash included. im using my little self heal a lot as well. So here are my stats...
    MyPug
    That's most of my gear that i have=... The physical stat numbers are...
    Health: 123520
    Armor: 187816
    Wisdom: 3645
    Endurance:5504
    Spell Power: 5752
    Physical Crit: 39 (lol use to my rogue)
    Spell Crit: 3282
    Dodge: 3162
    Block: 5552
    Guard: 1258
    Life: 7091
    Death: 7762
    Fire: 6706
    Water: 7111
    Earth: 7148
    Air: 6718
    The stats i listed are self-buffed and the link has all of my gear minus earrings and couple runes. I got dream orbs on all with over 100 end.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or not doing at all that would make life easier for the healers and I lol maybe macro is to long I dunno. (BTW i hate the rogue in CI and that 1st pull). If you need any other info please feel free to ask and ill get it on here asap. Also i welcome all tips, tricks, flames, and trolls because you never know what you can use from anyone or anything. Also if anyone has a good starting point or guide about theory crafting i would love to get started on the math side of it all, because i love numbers and playing with them. Sorry for the Wall of Txt, but thank you for hanging in there and reading

Thanks in Advance,
    MyPug

Rift Disciple

In general:
    - get more hp and guard (you are still far from soft cap).
    - get better lessers and runes from crafting and notoriety
    - farm Nightmare Coast expert for tanking trinket, its good, because it procs on block (passive) and has active ability too.

Other than that while tanking make sure you use your skills which increase dodge and block, use cds when you know you will take more damage and pray healer can heal trough it.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info... as far as lesser and runes from crafting... I'm broke and with the plat going the way it is its hard for me with work to make plat if i wanna run Experts lol... I know i need shield from GM but where does trinket drop and if you could link it please. I do want to thank you for the info as well because every little bit helps lol.. also what are the caps BTW?

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

some things to keep in mind :

1. 125k is more than good to tank an expert.
    2. some trash hits REALLY hard, and even the best tank/healer in the world may have problems with that.
    3. some bosses hit REALLY hard, and it requires good CD management to pull through (for both tank and healer)

that being said, If ou;re facing problems in specific situations, then say so. if you ask generally : im dying to everything, i have good enough hp, make me better ; i'll say "get better at tanking" and learn CD management and TALK to your mates with regard to cooldowns and stunning/silencing/CC'ing the offending enemy. then get on a voice comms and talk to your healer, when you;re gonna blow your cd, when the healer is gonna do his thing, this will avoid fiascos such as both the tank and healer blowing their CD's at once.

in the beginning of NT, we didnt know what to expect, and we died a lot, now we know when the damage is gonna come, so we use our cd's while letting each other know, and its a much smoother ride.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtrip View Post
    OK peeps just dropping in to see if the good ole forums can help me out... Little about me... Ex rogue raid and mt healer now going to cleric.
    Right now my focus is on tanking. I know how to grab aggro and kite and all that other jazz... my issue is what should be my next step gear and skill wise to get better. I get hit harder than a Mack tank brick truck. unless i have a over geared healer and/or I'm always blowing Cd's 24/7 trash included. im using my little self heal a lot as well. So here are my stats...
    MyPug
    That's most of my gear that i have=... The physical stat numbers are...
    Health: 123520
    Armor: 187816
    Wisdom: 3645
    Endurance:5504
    Spell Power: 5752
    Physical Crit: 39 (lol use to my rogue)
    Spell Crit: 3282
    Dodge: 3162
    Block: 5552
    Guard: 1258
    Life: 7091
    Death: 7762
    Fire: 6706
    Water: 7111
    Earth: 7148
    Air: 6718
    The stats i listed are self-buffed and the link has all of my gear minus earrings and couple runes. I got dream orbs on all with over 100 end.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or not doing at all that would make life easier for the healers and I lol maybe macro is to long I dunno. (BTW i hate the rogue in CI and that 1st pull). If you need any other info please feel free to ask and ill get it on here asap. Also i welcome all tips, tricks, flames, and trolls because you never know what you can use from anyone or anything. Also if anyone has a good starting point or guide about theory crafting i would love to get started on the math side of it all, because i love numbers and playing with them. Sorry for the Wall of Txt, but thank you for hanging in there and reading

Thanks in Advance,
    MyPug
    As a new healer, I understand that I can't always rely on the tanks cd's and that I need to understand my own cd's as well. I have been in some groups where I have had the support go full heals for some trash (Empyrean Core, ugh) Its not uncommon until we all get geared and start face rolling everything again

If you don't feel you are getting what you need, ask other members of the group. I find that most PuGs don't mind changing things up because they just want to get through it too.

Soulwalker

thank you all yes ive been talking with others and healers alike guildies and non and must say that i have gotten a little better... I guess just because im so use to healing that i expect the same as when i heal tanks lol but ive still grabbed a few tips and tricks and looking forward to getting more and improving my skills.

Thanks again,
    MyPug

+ Reply to Thread