+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Synergy Crystals

Telaran

Default Synergy Crystals

So, as far as dps goes, which crystal works best with which specs?

Rift Chaser

as far as im aware the Eldritch crystal (instants give crit and crits give sp) is the better option for all our DPS roles. the other (cant remember name at work) that boosts cast times may be a slight increase for Inq but not got both so cant test it for myself. since Shaman, Cab and Druid all utilise instant abilities as their main focus the Eldritch is the clear winner and since that's 3/4 of our damaging souls together with Oracle and Defiler also using primarily instant cast overall the Eldritch is the best option for Clerics.

I might be wrong for Inq but since its only 1 soul that will benefit from the other crystal its far more cost effective to start with the Eldritch one first. if anyone has done any testing with both alongside eachother for Inq then it would be great to see the numbers and how much difference it makes, if any. id say providing you manage your rotation correctly you can have a 100% up time of the Eldritch crystal so id expect little difference in DPS over a whole fight. if you separate Scourge and SH (includes Vex mastery) at the end of a BoD block each then it is possible to do although 100% up time although it does mean you have to alter your rotation to do it.

Eldritch 3 piece is Instants and Channels increase Crit by 500 for 6s.

So should work just as well for Inq as anything else, between SH/Scourge and any Channel should get close to if not 100% uptime. May get some down time in long fights if you run everything into the ground, but if you space channels abit. I dunno haven't had anytime to test it yet myself.

I think Eldritch is BiS for Inquisitor as well just.

Annihilation 2 has non-channeled as well as non-instant for 150 more base damage at 650. But this makes it just for DoT's which last what? 15 seconds, not worth it. While Eldritch has increase of instant and channeling of 500 which would be used more.

Eldritch number 4 depends on CH (not every damage spell) but it gives 50 more SP at 350 for 10 seconds were Annihilation only needs a damaging single target spell to give you 300 SP for 6 seconds which would put Eldritch ahead you would think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Synergy Crystals-synergy-crystal.jpg  
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Annihilation 2 has non-channeled as well as non-instant for 150 more base damage at 650. But this makes it just for DoT's which last what? 15 seconds, not worth it. While Eldritch has increase of instant and channeling of 500 which would be used more.
    I can't think of any DoTs that are not instant spells.
    Annihilation works for bolt of retribution, judgement and depravity.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    I can't think of any DoTs that are not instant spells.
    Annihilation works for bolt of retribution, judgement and depravity.
    I must stop posting half drunk.

You are right about DoT's, I was thinking because they are damage over time it wasn't instant but the cast is.

It's a hard one to pick. Which is why I haven't yet. I find these crystals so low in stats it will be the last thing I buy after upgrades. I'm still thinking Eldritch is the way to go with all our channeled spells. But each to their own.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Plane Touched

Annihilation = Inq (Yes, Annihilation is better even if you keep Eldritch 2pc 100% uptime in Inq)
    Eldritch = Shaman
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

Telaran

What type of numbers are we talking about as far as difference between the 2 crystals in Inquis?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Biomed View Post
    What type of numbers are we talking about as far as difference between the 2 crystals in Inquis?
    50-100 dps
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis

50-100 dps on a scale of 50k dps or more is more of a RNG difference.

Also, i'm pretty sure the #1 reason to use eldrich is because it's more universal to most our dps specs.

Plane Touched

I'm not basing this off of parses, I actually did the math. Inq is the only spec to run in pvp and pve at the moment. So why buy a crystal that's better for specs that you'll never play?
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis

Inquis being #1 might not last forever, so if you only want to buy a single dps crystal, eldrich is the way to go.

Rift Disciple

Just get both.....not like void stones are used for much any way. Plus you will need teh eldrich one for oracle if you get stuck playing that role

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Just get both.....not like void stones are used for much any way. Plus you will need teh eldrich one for oracle if you get stuck playing that role
    You mean if you're allowed to play that role!

Oracle FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by CowGoesMoo View Post
    Inq is the only spec to run in pvp and pve at the moment.
    Why?
    Only ever playing Inq has to be dull. I enjoy our other specs too much for their perhaps niche purposes, and I think your kind of limiting your usefulness.

I run Cab for most trash the AE purge and CC and 3x the dmg of Inq is too invaluable not to.
    Its getting less and less now but still asked to Defile frequently as well.
    Personally I loath doing Daily's/questing in Inq, its doable yes but no where near as efficient as a Druid spec. Yes, yes Inq is pretty much the only choice for Boss's tho.

In PvP most Clerics I see are running as Inq. However, I still see plenty of Clerics running WF's as Defiler or some other Healer or Justicar spec some Shaman's. I'm bad at PvP, admittedly. Only really care about getting my marks for Randoms and weekly's. But I find it no hassle to take out most healer's, Inq's and even Pyro's in Druid, 2 gap closers, 2 Interrupts 1 of which is a Debilitate, a pull, a self cleanse, and 2 shields, makes life a little miserable for them I think. Melee Rogues and Shaman's give me more trouble then Inq's. Can usually get fairly high in the dmg done category as well, never on top but not embarrassingly low either..:L

I just don't see Annihilation as my best overall choice for a 0.0001 DPS increase in 1 role. Not at least as 1st purchase, but down the road after I got everything else, sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast