+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Burninalways
  • 1 Post By Eilauria

Thread: Tank Masteries: What are you using?

Question Tank Masteries: What are you using?

I still haven't figured out which ones i should be using in NTE's for different situations, and would appreciate some guidance from some more experienced tanks. Thanks.

Level 61 - Righteous Protection - Increases your Block Mitigation and Guard from equipment by 5%.
    Level 62 - Blessing of Penitence - Increases incoming healing by 3%
    Level 63 - Swift Judgment - Increases unmounted movement speed by 10%, and the radius of your Guard by 3m.
    Level 64 - Diversify - Increases damage by 6%.
    Level 65 - Soul Stream - Restores health to the ally equal to 50% of the Cleric's Maximum Health each second.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

I went with:

Level 61 - Righteous Protection - Increases your Block Mitigation and Guard from equipment by 5%
    Level 62 - Divine Inspiration - Doctrine of Authority applies Censure and no longer consumes a Conviction
    Level 63 - Faith's Freedom - Reduces the duration of Crowd Control effects used on you by 10%. When casting a combat resurrection, the revived ally has 100% of their health returned and receive 30% less damage for 5s. This affect ends if they use a combat ability. Sanction Heretic now also applies Vex when cast
    Level 64 - Diversify - Increases damage by 6%.
    Level 65 - Soul Stream - Restores health to the ally equal to 50% of the Cleric's Maximum Health each second.

Divine Inspiration vs Blessing of Penitence - I think 3% healing is kinda meh 300hp on a 10k heal, while Divine Inspiration provide a nice QoL effect. Either way not much to look at for this level.

Faith's Freedom vs Swift Judgment - Again not a big difference either way. We already have a speed buff which should be up most the time, and 3 meters of Guard radius? While all 3 points of Faith's Freedom are useful to Justicar.

My thoughts is 62/63 can both be swapped back and forth depending on encounter. Everything is pretty useless for Justicar in the 64 line.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    [...]Level 63 - Faith's Freedom - Reduces the duration of Crowd Control effects used on you by 10%. When casting a combat resurrection, the revived ally has 100% of their health returned and receive 30% less damage for 5s. This affect ends if they use a combat ability. Sanction Heretic now also applies Vex when cast
    [...]
    Faith's Freedom vs Swift Judgment - Again not a big difference either way. We already have a speed buff which should be up most the time, and 3 meters of Guard radius? While all 3 points of Faith's Freedom are useful to Justicar.
    [...]
    The Justicar resurrection already gives back 100% of the health.
    The 10% reduction of CC effects is pretty much negligeable (you rarely get CC'd as a tank, and when you do you could break free instead).
    While Sanction Heretic + Vex is a small dps increase,I think sacrificing 10% movement speed is not worth it, and even though I don't really know how useful guard aura is, maybe that extra radius could potentially make the difference some time, saving a healer of a dpser, more than gaining 5k damage every 15 seconds (~333 dps).
    Last edited by fufi; 11-16-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Pre-raidgear, stacking endurance.

Righteous Protection
    * Increases your Block Mitigation and Guard from equipment by 5%.

VS.

Avenging Shield
    * Critical hits with damaging and healing abilities apply an absorbing shield to you, absorbing damage up to 3% of your Maximum Health. Can occur up to once every 6s.

? And why?

I went the shield but the only numbers i did was that i would have 63 more guard from the 5% so i really dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    The Justicar resurrection already gives back 100% of the health.
    The 10% reduction of CC effects is pretty much negligeable (you rarely get CC'd as a tank, and when you do you could break free instead).
    While Sanction Heretic + Vex is a small dps increase,I think sacrificing 10% movement speed is not worth it, and even though I don't really know how useful guard aura is, maybe that extra radius could potentially make the difference some time, saving a healer of a dpser, more than gaining 5k damage every 15 seconds (~333 dps).
    Its the 30% less damage for 5 secs that's useful since, ya know we are tanking and may have to B-rez in a not so friendly spot.

Rarely CC'd? There are Debilitates, disarms, small stuns all over NTE's sure most only last 2-5 seconds, but usually in the places I've ran into them they happen more then once a minute.

Nothing wrong with more dmg.
    We already have +15% movement speed from Reckoning that you should easily be able to maintain 100% up time on.

Still not a big difference either way you go, all 62/63/64 Mastery's are minimally useful at the most to Justicar. I think the L61 +5% Guard is probably not all that useful until you get quite a chunk of Guard on your gear.

I noticed recently that Righteous Protection is only increasing Guard by 5% and not block. Anyone else getting that?
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    I noticed recently that Righteous Protection is only increasing Guard by 5% and not block. Anyone else getting that?
    True. Only Guard stats increase when using that Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    True. Only Guard stats increase when using that Mastery
    It adjusts the Block Mitigation, not the Block Chance.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    It adjusts the Block Mitigation, not the Block Chance.
    This.

If you mouse over the block stat on your character sheet, it tells you how much of a blocked hit is, well, blocked. By default, this is 30%, but with the mastery and Unshakeable Faith, it goes up to 39%.

+ Reply to Thread