+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NM rifts not Inquisitor friendly

Default NM rifts not Inquisitor friendly

Always the biggest problem with Inquisitor is most of our spells we can't cast on the move. It's a pain in pvp would be a pain in raids when you have to move and now is a bigger pain in NM rifts were if you stand in the one spot for too long you get the purple bubble of your afk. Yes you can BoJ but it's a useless spell as it's so weak.

If the purple bubble is there to kill off or transport afk players is there anyway the Dev's can change this to no spell casts.

While I'm on NM rifts if you get a lot of lag those warnings to turn around should give you more time to do so, sometimes I'm just seeing them and get transported.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

are you so bad that you have to stand in one spot, even while using a BoJ or your dots?

Oh yeah, Inquisitor is so weak in nightmare rifts, I feel you. No multiple scourge, no soul drain, no purge for those annoying yellow/purple circles, having to deal with mechanics etc.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shadowlander

Inquisitor is by far the best dps spec for cleric in NM rift.

Instead of wasting your time whining about non existing issues, spend some time in game learning inquisitor. Not only you'll get better, but also, you'll spare the cleric community time by not having to read and respond to your constant whine.
    Last edited by Bernard Minet; 11-15-2014 at 06:02 AM.

I use inquis ALL the time, and have NO probs in NM rifts. Plenty of dots, and I'll use scourge only if timer is getting tight, otherwise I save it for backup purposes.
    Tho, I have to say, if I'm in a NM rift, and I'm top dps, we have probs, lol.

Champion of Telara

Inquisitor is awesome in NMRs.

Plane Touched

i agree, Inquisitor is just fine in NMRs but due to most fights being multiple targets I usually play cabalist for the massive aoe dps, all the cc and maelstrom to help pull adds to the center. When its a single boss, I just switch to focused obliteration and can still pull decent numbers.
    Last edited by jabnlab; 11-15-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

Let me help a fellow Inquis out. Use this macro so when you move ur still sending out 15k bolts...

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Marrow Harvest

Telaran

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Do you know that one of your bolts is instant?
    Inquisitors are incredibly mobile.

Ascendant

Not sure if this is a troll thread or not.

Here we go again.

@TheDoomgiver
    Read my post about BoJ. Yes I do use scourge but find dots a little weak or out of place when you need to kill someone in a short time.

@fufi
    No one said Inquisitor was weak, but we do lose dps because we have to move. Read above for scourge. As for soul drain what's with that? Sometimes instant sometimes not.

@Bernard Minet
    As for you mate next time you see me in a NM rift check how much more dps I am doing over you and no one said Inquisitor wasn't the best option for clerics. I said in the post it "wasn't Inquisitor friendly" because we can't move for main spells.

@TehBigCarp
    BoR you can not cast on the move. Not everyone has you tree with Marrow Harvest. As above BoJ is useless at what 8k damage.

@Vesyere
    Read post before you comment please. " Yes you can BoJ but it's a useless spell as it's so weak."

@Bluelightt
    No.

Let me put it this way. Do you do more dps standing still or moving?
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Champion

You're kidding right? Inq is in a really good spot right now. Just hope they don't nerf it!

Shaman needs some attention though...

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    @TheDoomgiver
    Read my post about BoJ. Yes I do use scourge but find dots a little weak or out of place when you need to kill someone in a short time.

Let me put it this way. Do you do more dps standing still or moving?
    "BoJ and dots are weak". Please uninstall the game RIGHT NOW and never come back. You;re a disgrace to gamers everywhere.

Shadowlander

Of course you're going to do more dps standing than while moving. No one questioned that. It is obvious that you're going to lose dps while moving.

However i just can't imagine someone, who has more than 2 brain cells, saying stuff like " i cant use my spells because i need to move from purple bubbles"
    Not only it sounds like you never play this game more than 1 hour, but you're talking about inquisitor, an incredible mobile spec if you know how to play it, which i doubt you can

Plz, do a favor to the cleric community, stop posting here. No one agrees with you and no one wants to read your whine.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Always the biggest problem with Inquisitor is most of our spells we can't cast on the move. It's a pain in pvp would be a pain in raids when you have to move and now is a bigger pain in NM rifts were if you stand in the one spot for too long you get the purple bubble of your afk. Yes you can BoJ but it's a useless spell as it's so weak.

If the purple bubble is there to kill off or transport afk players is there anyway the Dev's can change this to no spell casts.

While I'm on NM rifts if you get a lot of lag those warnings to turn around should give you more time to do so, sometimes I'm just seeing them and get transported.
    Let's look at this:

Spells an inq can cast while moving--Scourge, SH, BoJ, BoD (you know what I mean), SS, all other channels every two minutes.

What absolutely requires us to stand: BoR, most channels most of the time, SD

So yes, your DPS will suffer. I would hardly call it a problem, especially compared to other souls' movement issues.

Alternatively, Oracle has almost no cast time spells and in high rank NMRs support is wonderful.

As to your other issues--those are player problems, not game problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast