+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to buff Shaman...

Shadowlander

Default Time to buff Shaman...

After complaining for a long time, we got a great range spec to play in inquisitor. The problem now is that Shaman is about 1-2K DPS BEHIND inquisitor. It could be that I am overlooking something in Shaman, but I am consistently pulling 40K DPS on dummies in inquisitor and 38K DPS in Shaman. The only time I could see playing Shaman in a raid environment is if the fight is melee friendly and there is a lot of movement needed. Just want to see if other people are having the same issue or found a way to get 4K DPS more than my rotation using other off souls or rotation that is different pre 3.0.

ummmm........

You do realize that Shaman and inquisitor have slightly different stat priorities?

That said, Maybe you should wait to see what gear differences will do to the damage outputs before going "ZOMG you have to change this NOW"

If that were the case, every time trion released new content they'd have to re-scale every soul of every class just so that some people wouldn't complain.

And if they re-scaled every soul of every class every time they released new conent, other people would complain.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    ummmm........

You do realize that Shaman and inquisitor have slightly different stat priorities?

That said, Maybe you should wait to see what gear differences will do to the damage outputs before going "ZOMG you have to change this NOW"
    Really... I am sure that stat priorities would make a 4K difference in DPS, which it needs to be From level 60-65 Inquisitor did more DPS, it is also doing more DPS as I am getting T1 raid ready, so I don't think when I am 1200 hit it would even make that much difference. I have also tried SP and CP stacking, guess who wins again. Yup, Shaman.

I doubt there will be any change soon. Just wanted to know if anyone was able to get Shaman past the point of inquisitor. The title of my post was meant to be a tad sarcastic. Inquisitor DPS is also not good at moving, which may not make it as useful in PvE raiding as it appears.

You need to take consideration of Clinging spirit first of all, inquisitor has a +5% damage taken advantage over shaman in a dumby parse. So make sure you allow for that when trying to compare them.

Personally I find that there are roughly equal on the dumby give or take a bit of crit RNG, so for me, shaman is nicely on top when I allow for inquisitors advantage.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

+ Reply to Thread